Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 17: June 2017-July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice seems to be a nice young lady. Sometimes she is picked on because of her terrible fashion sense. I don't think her mother has anything to do with this. And blasphemy is just silly.

Because she is the granddaughter of the queen :ermm:

I highly doubt the queen would be willing to loan tiaras to the wives of her grandsons, but not to her own granddaughters. They are her family of course. Beatrice and Eugenie have as much right to tiaras, if not more, then Kate or Meghan did for their weddings.

That's just not how this monarch has worked. In fact, she didn't even loan them tiaras for the CHOGM dinner, which both Camilla and Anne worn tiaras to. She's only become more generous with tiara loans in recent years, and that's only to her daughter in laws and granddaughter in law. Ultimately, none of them have any right to the tiaras other than what the Queen loans to them.

Beatrice seems to be a nice young lady. Sometimes she is picked on because of her terrible fashion sense. I don't think her mother has anything to do with this. And blasphemy is just silly.

It goes much deeper then criticism of her clothes. It is the fact that she is painted as the party girl and the vacation princess. That even when she is on a work trip, or a charity event, it is painted as her being on a holiday. They in fact go as far as to only report her charity work, when they can find some way to paint it as 'drunken night out' or 'holiday'.

All the wedding excitement and reading about Harry's new titles finally pushed me to register an account here and ask a question I've wondered for a while:

Why is in not considered that Beatrice could become Duchess of York in her own right one day? I understand the basic answer (male only inheritance) but the royal family has made the exception before for the Fife dukedom. If Queen Victoria was able to do so in 1900, why not could Elizabeth not do the same for her granddaughter?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the title Duke of York being more significant to the BRF and thus needing to return to the main line (but it wouldn't have if Andrew had a son, so?) or perhaps if it's collaterally a part of Charles' future plans to "skim down" the royals.

Thanks!

Welcome ReeceT21! Great question...I can't answer (or rather I'm afraid of getting it wrong!) but I am sure someone will soon...!

Why is in not considered that Beatrice could become Duchess of York in her own right one day? I understand the basic answer (male only inheritance) but the royal family has made the exception before for the Fife dukedom. If Queen Victoria was able to do so in 1900, why not could Elizabeth not do the same for her granddaughter?

I think the reason is that Queen Elizabeth II seems to be less disposed to granting titles to princesses and their heirs than Queen Victoria was. For example, Queen Victoria created her daughters' children Highness, whereas Queen Elizabeth II apparently never considered doing so.

I think the reason is that Queen Elizabeth II seems to be less disposed to granting titles to princesses and their heirs than Queen Victoria was. For example, Queen Victoria created her daughters' children Highness, whereas Queen Elizabeth II apparently never considered doing so.

That's not true. Victoria never elevated any of her daughter's children - all of whom were born into foreign royal houses. She did elevated some of her great-grandchildren (the children of the future George V and Queen Mary) who were born Highnesses to Royal Highnesses; at the time, it was standard for great-grandchildren of the monarch to be Highnesses. Edward VII elevated his eldest daughter's children to Highness, but they both gave up use of that title after marriage.

A key thing to note, though, is that in 1917 George V abandoned the use of Highness within the British Royal family and restricted who was and was not a member of the royal house fairly closely. Elizabeth II adheres to those rules, as did her father George VI.

That's not true. Victoria never elevated any of her daughter's children - all of whom were born into foreign royal houses. She did elevated some of her great-grandchildren (the children of the future George V and Queen Mary) who were born Highnesses to Royal Highnesses; at the time, it was standard for great-grandchildren of the monarch to be Highnesses. Edward VII elevated his eldest daughter's children to Highness, but they both gave up use of that title after marriage.

The children of Queen Victoria's elder daughters Victoria and Alice were indeed born into foreign royal houses, however, the children of her younger daughters Helena and Beatrice were British subjects by birth. Queen Victoria therefore granted the style of Highness to the children of Princesses Helena and Beatrice.

Children of Prince and Princess Christian of Schleswig-Holstein (May 15, 1867)

Victoria R
Victoria by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen Defender of the Faith - To Our Right Trusty and Well beloved Councillor Edward George Fitzalan Howard (commonly called Lord Edward George Fitzalan Howard) Deputy to Our Right Trusty and Right Entirely Beloved Cousin Henry Duke of Norfolk Earl Marshal and Our Hereditary Marshal of England, Greeting! Whereas by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the United Kingdom bearing date the thirtieth day of January one thousand eight hundred and sixty four We were pleased to declare Our Royal Will and Pleasure touching the Style and Title of "Royal Highness" and of defining and limiting the same to be used and enjoyed by the Children of the Sons of any Sovereign of Great Britain and Ireland and upon the thirtieth day of June one thousand eight hundred and sixty six in contemplation of the marriage of Our dear Daughter the Princess Helena Augusta Victoria with the Prince Christian of Schleswig Holstein We were pleased to declare that he should henceforth be styled "His Royal Highness". And Whereas he the said Prince having since become a naturalized subject of Our said United Kingdom We are desirous of defining and fixing the Style by which the Issue of the said Marriage shall be designated such Issue being British born Subjects and Descendants of Our Royal House Now We are hereby pleased to declare that the Sons and Daughters born of the said Marriage of the said Prince and Princess shall at all times hold and enjoy the Style Title and Attribute of "Highness" prefixed to their respective Christian names and any Titles of Honor which may belong to them. And Our Will and Pleasure further is that you Our said Deputy Earl Marshal to whom the cognizance of matters of this nature doth properly belong do see this Our Order kept and that the same be duly Registered in Our College of Arms to the end that Our Officers of Arms and all others upon occasion may take full notice and have knowledge thereof. In Witness whereof We have caused the Great Seal to be affixed to these Presents.
Given at Our Court at Saint Jame's the Fifteenth day of May 1867, in the Thirtieth Year of Our Reign.
By the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Signed with Her Own Hand.

Children of Prince and Princess Henry of Battenberg (Dec 4, 1886)

Victoria R

Victoria by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen Defender of the Faith - To Our Right Trusty and Right Entirely Beloved Cousin Henry Duke of Norfolk Earl Marshal and Our Hereditary Marshal of England, Greeting! Whereas by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the United Kingdom bearing date the thirtieth day of January one thousand eight hundred and sixty four We were pleased to declare Our Royal Will and Pleasure touching the Style and Title of "Royal Highness" and of defining and limiting the same to be used and enjoyed by the Children of the Sons of any Sovereign of Great Britain and Ireland and upon the twenty second day of July one thousand eight hundred and eighty five in contemplation of the marriage of Our dear Daughter the Princess Beatrice Mary Victoria Feodore with the Prince Henry Maurice of Battenberg We were pleased to declare that he should henceforth be styled "His Royal Highness". And Whereas he the said Prince having since become a naturalized subject of Our said United Kingdom We are desirous of defining and fixing the Style by which the Issue of the said Marriage shall be designated such Issue being British born Subjects and Descendants of Our Royal House Now We are hereby pleased to declare that the Sons and Daughters born of the said Marriage of the said Prince and Princess shall at all times hold and enjoy the Style Title and Attribute of "Highness" prefixed to their respective Christian names and any Titles of Honor which may belong to them. And Our Will and Pleasure further is that you Our said Deputy Earl Marshal to whom the cognizance of matters of this nature doth properly belong do see this Our Order kept and that the same be duly Registered in Our College of Arms to the end that Our Officers of Arms and all others upon occasion may take full notice and have knowledge thereof. In Witness whereof We have caused the Great Seal to be affixed to these Presents.
Given at Our Court at Saint Jame's the Fourth day of December 1886, in the Fiftieth Year of Our Reign.
By the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Signed with Her Own Hand.

Princess Beatrice Visits Sedney

Princess Beatrice Visits Sedney made a special visit to St. Vincent’s Hospital in Darlinghurst.Beatrice was in Sydney on non-royal duties with the company she works for – Afiniti -- to attend a business lunch, and only finalised her appearance at the hospital a few weeks ago. https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/06/01/10/43/princess-beatrice-of-york-visits-sydney?app=applenews

More pics of Bea at the luncheon for Affinity

and her business profile for affinity
https://www.afiniti.com/team/beatrice-york

Last edited:
And an article about her out

Princess Beatrice looks effortlessly chic in fitted white blazer as she enjoys night out in London* | Daily Mail Online

Princess Beatrice out last night in Annabel's Member's Club, in Mayfair, London

Princess Beatrice looks regal as she leaves*Annabel's Member's Club | Daily Mail Online

Princess Beatrice at the The Victoria and Albert Museum Summer Party, in London today 20 June

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee..._summer_party,_london?celeb=Princess Beatrice

Princess Beatrice at the L'Occitane en Provence and Flowerbx dinner, L'Occitane Flagship Store, in London tonight

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...owerbx_dinner,_london?celeb=Princess Beatrice

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? She is still young and wants to entertain.

She’s worn that skirt/quilt several times. The article almost reads as satire since the descriptions - “elegant” “fresh faced” etc. belie the actual photos where the doorman is helping her exit & she looks to be a bit the worse for wear.
That said, it’s always hard to judge from these photos as often there’s a million flashes going off, which can give anyone the wide eyed dazed look that Beatrice has in the photos.

Simply stunning! One of her best looks ever.

We have very different tastes :D. I was wondering what she would look like in one of her best looks ever and now I am disappointed because I don't like it at all: her hair looks a little messy, I'm not a fan of those 'box' handbags, dress doesn't do anything for her imo. Her shoes are probably fine but don't match with her handbag (but probably with her bracelets).

Edit: My apologies, should have posted in the fashion thread. Didn't realize when I responded to a post in this topic.

Last edited:
:previous:
I don't agree.

I think Beatrice wanted to marry, but Dave was reluctant. JMO.

Beatrice seems to be drifting these days, I hope things work out for her.

Marriage was probably a far away thought for them until Charlotte was born and the 'easy' reason not to get married yet was gone and they had to think more seriously about whether they were in it for life and apparently the conclusion (at least for one of them) was they weren't.

It reminds me of CP and Emma breaking off their relationship (and Madeleine and Jonas getting engaged) not that long after the trigger event of Daniel and Victoria getting engaged. Playtime was over and a serious decision had to be made.

:previous:
I don't agree.

I think Beatrice wanted to marry, but Dave was reluctant. JMO.

Beatrice seems to be drifting these days, I hope things work out for her.

Why do you think so? It is Dave who got married this weekend (and got engaged within a year of them breaking up) so it is unlikely he had no interest in marriage 2 years ago. It might be that he was reluctant to marry Beatrice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Beatrice and Dave as a couple. I'm sorry they split up. I hope Bea finds someone who likes her. Eugenie seems to be happy with Jack. Of the Queen's eldest grandchildren, only Beatrice is single.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom