Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Beatrice_zpsd8706628.png

Arms of HRH Princess Beatrice of York

Welcome to Princess Beatrice of York's
Current Events, Part 16

Commencing July 2, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

There was an article in the Evening Standard yesterday that Beatrice had been considering purchasing a new-build house in Wimbledon for £6.9m. Might this be the first step towards "settling down"?

I don't have a weblink as I read it in the print edition.

I'll believe it when I see it. Remember last summer when the Mirror claimed Pippa was set to buy a six bedroom £3m Victorian terrace in Parsons Green. Yeah, that never happened.

I doubt it; why would she do that when she has an apartment in Central London?
(Unless she is planning to get married, but there haven't been any rumors lately).

Princess Beatrice is known for her jet-setting lifestyle with skiing holidays, trips to the Caribbean and vacations in New York - but has now been spotted taking to the water on Roman Abramovich's £1billion superyacht.
The 26-year-old was seen with her boyfriend Dave Clark on the Chelsea owner and Russian oligarch's luxury boat - once the world's largest superyacht - which was docked off the Spanish coast near Ibiza.
The royal has racked up an impressive 17 holidays in a little over eight months, but this one may well be her most extravagant.

Another holiday for Princess Beatrice... this time on Abramovich's £1billion mega-yacht: Globe-trotting royal is on her SEVENTEENTH foreign jaunt since quitting her job eight months ago  | Daily Mail Online

It is a tough economy at the moment but I don't think she needs a whole pile of help to get a job. This is not going to go down well with the general public in England I believe. I remember the papers tearing into her mother over what was perceived as too many holidays, too little work.

This is not going to go down well with the general public in England I believe. I remember the papers tearing into her mother over what was perceived as too many holidays, too little work.

I wonder if she is doing it for that reason?

If there's enough public outrage about Beatrice and her holidays, perhaps Charles and Co. will decide it's better to have her doing official engagements rather than lolling around on yachts?

She seems to want to be a full-fledged member of The Firm, so perhaps she has a hidden agenda. :D

Its hopeless, really. I guess every generation needs some kind of troublemaker who disgraces the crown's image. I wish she didnt have the HRH title, it would be easier to bear.

Bea has some kind of activity or work?

I like Bea and Eugenie. They seem to be nice. :flowers:

I wouldn't describe her as a 'troublemaker.' She hasn't been involved in anything scandalous. It would be very nice to see her settle down to something--whether it be paying work or a lot of volunteering, but perhaps there's something we don't know.

Its hopeless, really. I guess every generation needs some kind of troublemaker who disgraces the crown's image. I wish she didnt have the HRH title, it would be easier to bear.

She is obviously not a 'Job type person' so they might as well make her a full time Royal so they can get her under some control and make her work for her vacations...As of right this moment she is neither use nor ornament.

When it comes down to it Beatrice of York is the first Modern British Princess... Born in feminist era and expected to work outside the home and not wait in the lap of luxury for some Prince or aristocrat to make her lady of the Manor. Zara does not count with no title.

Trouble is nobody thought to raise her as anything but an idle pampered traditional princess and now they are reaping what they have sown.

Last edited:
She is obviously not a 'Job type person' so they might as well make her a full time Royal so they can get her under some control and make her work for her vacations...As of right this moment she is neither use nor ornament
I think it better she not be offered full time working for the firm status. Primarily because her father has frequently been criticized for misusing his Royal position to feather his personal nest/pay for his holiday jaunts (combo Royal/pleasure trips.) I expect like father like daughter.
Plus even if she is used for more official engagements, she'd not likely willingly abandon her jaunts and the freebees her jet setting pals enable her to enjoy. She'd simply keep doing as she's doing in between Royal commitments, no longer have to pay out of pocket for 'protection,' and be a cost to the Queen and later Charles and then William. The indolent vacation heavy lifestyle she lives just doesn't play well for Royals in this day and age, IMO. If we were back in the glamour days w/ tiara events and that special aura about Royals a la Princess Margaret it would be different, but in today's world, Beatrice and her lifestyle are a luxery the firm cannot afford both from a PR standpoint and a financial one, IMO.

Nor is she required to work because she needs to pay the bills.

I agree that its best to lay low but based on how the Yorks are perceived in England..in this instance she can't win. She was criticized when she worked (Cause she took someone else's job) and when she doesn't work (she is a lazy lay about).

But her 'work' was mostly society girl hobby working that she got tired enough quickly enough seemingly when the novelty faded.

If she had a career she worked at and stuck with people would not have given her so much guff. Her sister is an example of this.

I wonder if she is doing it for that reason?

If there's enough public outrage about Beatrice and her holidays, perhaps Charles and Co. will decide it's better to have her doing official engagements rather than lolling around on yachts?

She seems to want to be a full-fledged member of The Firm, so perhaps she has a hidden agenda. :D

I think Bea may like her position she has now as a"civilian', she isn't a working royal, so she can have her life , her charity/hospice work, her support for education and occasional duty. and of course there are lots of times she is at family events unofficially. She has her inheritance and dave where she does not need to work.(Though she should)

Honestly I think dave and people give her freebies. I think the Bransons aren't below giving her free airplane tickets. You know having a royal being seeing on your yacht can generate lots of publicity and it did. just like having a royal being reported on your airline will raise some publicity.

I don't think the BRF cares as long as they are not paying for it. else they would have told her off by now. and if they did it would be kind of hypocritical of them to do since they all at one point in their lives went one vacation after another . PW and kate had about 10 vacations at one point i think during their dating years, and those were just the ones reported etc Some of the the vacas don't even count as like the one in dubhi was last year and it was an official event. some vacas reported don't even have pics. Just my opinion

I agree that its best to lay low but based on how the Yorks are perceived in England..in this instance she can't win. She was criticized when she worked (Cause she took someone else's job) and when she doesn't work (she is a lazy lay about).
. I see your point Zonk.

But Camilla barely had a job, Diana barely had a job, like so many ladies from the well-to-do's. That is just their privilege. Princess Beatrice does not need to work for her living. Good for her. She has that luck and enjoys it. Period.

True, if they are not paying for her social life Maybe they take with an indulgent smile, esp a doting granny and papa.

^I think dave and people give her freebies. The royals are known to be frugal. I think the Bransons aren't below giving her free airplane tickets. You know having a royal being seeing on your yacht can generate lots of publicity and it did, wouldn't be surprised if she been there free . just like having a royal being reported on your airline will raise some publicity, etc

Poor Andrew, my big toe! He has enabled this and now must pay the piper. He does love to pamper his ladies, doesn't he?

But Camilla barely had a job, Diana barely had a job, like so many ladies from the well-to-do's. That is just their privilege. Princess Beatrice does not need to work for her living. Good for her. She has that luck and enjoys it. Period.
. Camilla worked as a single woman and was not paid for by the British public. Diana (r.i.p) worked as a single woman and was not paid for by the British public. Beatrice's wealth comes from the Royal Family who are paid for by whom? Who was currently suffering due to the current economic downturn? That Duc, in my humble opinion is the difference between Beatrice and The DOC and Diana, Princess of Wales.

But her 'work' was mostly society girl hobby working that she got tired enough quickly enough seemingly when the novelty faded.

If she had a career she worked at and stuck with people would not have given her so much guff. Her sister is an example of this.

You must have missed the negative comments that came about (not from here) when it was announced that Eugenie took a position with an English company. It doesn't matter that the York Princesses receive no money from the English taxpayer (directly that is)...they are criticized when they work, when they are photographed going out to dinner (during off hours), walking down the street, when they don't work, walking to church, etc.

That IMO supports my belief that it doesn't matter what they do they will always receive criticism because who they are and who theirparents are.

The PR and perception could have been handled better in regards to this course and job. I believe Beatrice starts her job in the Fall, so Andrew's office could have announced that she took a finance course in the Spring, would be spending her final summer doing nothing (in a nice way of course) and would be starting a job in the Fall.

^ I still don't believe the DM story about her job, the DM is known to tell lies to sell a story but even a broken clock is right twice a day

My guess is she was going to NY but something didn't fall through or, she's still going though with it though at a different time frame, or she was never going at all? I m inclined to believe the last one. Nothing was ever officially anyways it was always tabloid talk.

I don't understad . Beatrice has a job or she is still unemployed?

She must know that the paps find her on these vacations, and she must know that it's not playing well in the media back home. She seems to be a popular young lady, based on how many invitations she seems to get. This could be because her wealthy business friends want publicity, but perhaps not. It's impossible to know what's going on in her mind, and I'm loathe to criticize her based on the unpopularity of her parents. It's perhaps more interesting to think about why she and Eugenie seem to have taken different paths in life. We know that Beatrice hasn't always been a 'slacker', because it must have been difficult getting her degree with dyslexia. She's intelligent and pleasant. I tend to think that there's a missing piece of the puzzle. There's something we don't know.

I don't understad . Beatrice has a job or she is still unemployed?

She's still unemployed.

I don't really have a problem with her not working. She's rich and not a full-time royal, so she has a right to do what she wants. At the same time, I do think all of these vacations are hurting her image. If it's true that she really wants to be a full-time working royal, then she's going about it the wrong way. I think if she were to buckle down and get involved in more charities, the public would see that she was an asset to the BRF.

Last edited:
I think it better she not be offered full time working for the firm status. Primarily because her father has frequently been criticized for misusing his Royal position to feather his personal nest/pay for his holiday jaunts (combo Royal/pleasure trips.) I expect like father like daughter.
Plus even if she is used for more official engagements, she'd not likely willingly abandon her jaunts and the freebees her jet setting pals enable her to enjoy. She'd simply keep doing as she's doing in between Royal commitments, no longer have to pay out of pocket for 'protection,' and be a cost to the Queen and later Charles and then William. The indolent vacation heavy lifestyle she lives just doesn't play well for Royals in this day and age, IMO. If we were back in the glamour days w/ tiara events and that special aura about Royals a la Princess Margaret it would be different, but in today's world, Beatrice and her lifestyle are a luxery the firm cannot afford both from a PR standpoint and a financial one, IMO.

Excellent post, she seems to be completely opposite to William and Harry who combine royal duties and a job. Dare I say raised by different parents with different values.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom