Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEPTEMBER 09: Princess Beatrice (bottom right) attends the men's singles final match between Novak Djokovic of Serbia and Rafael Nadal of Spain on Day Fifteen of the 2013 US Open at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on September 9, 2013 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City.

ANP picture

IMO, Beatrice is being unfairly judged.

Reasons she may not be currently working.

She is joining her sister in America. (Already has new job in America.)
She is getting married. (Secretly planning wedding.)
She is taking over more patronages. (Fulltime royal per Queen's wishes.)
She wants to spend more time with her family & friends.
Or maybe baby?

I't is EXTREMELY unlikely Beatrice is pregnant... {her grandmother would have apoplexy}.. that is the sort of thing the Grimaldi's do, NOT inner members of the Windsor family.

It's been made pretty clear Beatrice is not going to be a full time working Royal. The patronages etc she is doing are not part of Official Royal Duties. Why would she need to go to America? Her sister has a job there not Beatrice besides she is at the tennis without her sister. Most people I know are more then competant in working and planning a wedding. You forgot another option Beatrice isn't interested in working and likes the life of holidays and parties and showing up places. She has the money her father pays her rent and probably other bills she doesn't have to work. I would rather she be honest about it instead of all this Beatrice wants to be a career girl her actions have said otherwise. I doubt she would be silly enough to get pregnant.

I'm not sure why the pregnancy thing is SO horrific, it's not unheard of, and all Beatrice would have to do to legitimise the child would be to marry.

. I would rather she be honest about it instead of all this Beatrice wants to be a career girl her actions have said otherwise. .

Should she do a full blown interview claiming she plans to life off her father forever, not work and party 24/7? Ridiculous. You're not going to get any confirmation of job or no job etc. Her actions, in your eyes, whereas to other people we're a little more open minded. I'd care more about seeing William work than Beatrice.

Last edited:
I think that Beatrice is slowly, but surely, accepting additional patronages because the reality of needing royal relatives to handle the load is becoming more and more apparent. There is no way you can go from about 15-20 royals (I think the current # is some where in there) handling various patronages and appearances to only 3-4. It's ridiculous. A slimmed down monarchy is one thing -- an anorexic one is quite another. So, all the Andrew and family haters will have to direct their anger elsewhere.

I think that Beatrice is slowly, but surely, accepting additional patronages because the reality of needing royal relatives to handle the load is becoming more and more apparent. There is no way you can go from about 15-20 royals (I think the current # is some where in there) handling various patronages and appearances to only 3-4. It's ridiculous. A slimmed down monarchy is one thing -- an anorexic one is quite another. So, all the Andrew and family haters will have to direct their anger elsewhere.

How do you figure 3-4? Curious.

How do you figure 3-4? Curious.

Well 3 would be HM King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William, four would be adding Catherine. I personally would include Henry, Edward and Sophie. Anne and Andrew both have to take steps down eventually.

Well 3 would be HM King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William, four would be adding Catherine. I personally would include Henry, Edward and Sophie. Anne and Andrew both have to take steps down eventually.

Exactly. Thanks for the clarification.

Until they step down all those and the Gloucesters and the Kents (4 more).

Until they step down all those and the Gloucesters and the Kents (4 more).

Depending which Kents you're counting, you've got 1 and we also rarely see The Duchess of Gloucester so that's two not four. All of whom need to stop or slow down soon for their health.

Depending which Kents you're counting, you've got 1 and we also rarely see The Duchess of Gloucester so that's two not four. All of whom need to stop or slow down soon for their health.

But until they do slow down, they are doing the job and I think that needs to be acknowledged. And we are off topic. This issue of when/who will be working royals has been addressed on other Threads.

I wondered when the Thread would get back to Beatrice...

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 42m
Pss Beatrice made her first engagement as Patron of The Sick Kids Friends Foundation earlier today, at hospital in Edinburgh. (from Express)

Pictures:
Princess Beatrice made her first official engagement as Patron of The Sick Kids Friends Foundation earlier today, where she visited the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. September 19th 2013-
http://hrhgeorgeofcambridge.tumblr....ritishroyals-princess-beatrice-made-her-first

Princess Beatrice visits children in hospital as first official duty since becoming Royal patron of the Sick Kids Friends Foundation-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-Royal-Hospital-Sick-Children-Edinburgh.html

Last edited:
Can someone explain what "official Royal Patron of..." means? I assumed it meant that it was Beatrice representing the Royal family and went to the British Monarcy's website and searched for the Sick kids Friends Foundation and did not find it there, the only thing that came close was the Canadian Sick Kids Foundation which the Duke of York is patron of. Just curious why it's not among the 3000 supported charities mentioned on the site.

Can someone explain what "official Royal Patron of..." means? I assumed it meant that it was Beatrice representing the Royal family and went to the British Monarcy's website and searched for the Sick kids Friends Foundation and did not find it there, the only thing that came close was the Canadian Sick Kids Foundation which the Duke of York is patron of. Just curious why it's not among the 3000 supported charities mentioned on the site.

Beatrice rarely gets on the the BRF website. Beatrice is the royal patron of the charity, she'll attend events, support them etc. Beatrice is neither a full or part time royal, she's somewhere before part time royal.

Beatrice being a 'royal' patron is because she is a) royal and b) the patron.

However she is rarely mentioned in the CC and so is rarely actually doing anything officially for the monarch.

She has represented Britain officially - earlier this year - when she and Eugenie went to Berlin - but again this isn't anything 'official' as far as The Queen is concerned. Things that The Queen regards as 'official' gets a mention in the CC e.g. last year both Kate and Eugenie presented medals at the Paralympics but Catherine's was an official duty representing the monarch as her presentation was in the CC but Eugenie's was an unofficial occasion as her grandmother didn't see fit to include it in the CC.

HM The Queen didn't regard this visit as an 'official' duty as it wasn't listed in the CC - like most of the things that Beatrice does - not official at all.

Beatrice seems like a naturally sweet, if very sheltered, young women with a big heart. Her parents may be tabloid heaven but they did a good job. And she looks neat and appropriate to boot.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 42m
Pss Beatrice made her first engagement as Patron of The Sick Kids Friends Foundation earlier today, at hospital in Edinburgh. (from Express)

Pictures:
Princess Beatrice made her first official engagement as Patron of The Sick Kids Friends Foundation earlier today, where she visited the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. September 19th 2013-
I'll remind him of his tardiness...

Princess Beatrice visits children in hospital as first official duty since becoming Royal patron of the Sick Kids Friends Foundation-
Princess Beatrice visits Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh | Mail Online
Lovely! Loved the photos of the little girl with the bouquet!:lol::D

Great pictures! Beatrice strikes me as someone who has a big heart, and loves children. I'm glad she's getting out and doing something that makes a difference.

Remember that these pictures aren't on Bea's or Dave's page but on the pages of 'friends' and also date from 6 to 7 years ago, except for the 'hat' picture which was obviously taken after April 2011.

Given the fact that Dave is part American and Americans have a very different attitude to guns he probably doesn't see anything wrong with it. Many of my American friends have similar photos and don't understand why I find them strange and even scary - but that is part of their culture. In addition upper class Brits are also into guns and hunting etc so it is probably 'normal' in his circles to be seen with guns.

Last edited:
Beatrice and Dave are out with Henry and Cressida at a James Blunt concert;

deanpiper ‏@deanpiper 40m
Great turn out for the James Blunt gig at the Tabernacle. Ed Sheeran, Princess Beatrice and Dave, Graham Norton all here.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h
#royal Meanwhile Princess #Beatrice to send off 30 injured military veterans on 6-day 250-mile bike tour from Windsor Castle on 6 Oct.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h #royal Meanwhile Princess #Beatrice to send off 30 injured military veterans on 6-day 250-mile bike tour from Windsor Castle on 6 Oct.

Hmm I'm in London and there's signposts around BP regarding an event on Sunday! Might have a peak!

Why would the signed post around BP be about Beatrice's event when her event is at Windsor? The FA football match at BP is Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom