Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 2: May 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKDukeofYorkStandard1.gif

Standard of HRH The Duke of York

Welcome to Prince Andrew, Duke of York: News and Pictures Part 3.

Part 2 can be found here.

Last edited:
It looks like he is going to miss any parties that they have for Prince Philip's Birthday.

<ed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Andrew (L) meets Vietnam's Foreign Minister Nguyen Dy Nien in Hanoi at the start of a three-day visit to the communist country. Prince Andrew started a three-day Vietnam visit to promote the nation as a trade and investment partner for the communist country in meetings with state and business leaders.(AFP/Frank Zeller)

Attachments

• afp.jpg
    afp.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 415
Britain's Duke of York to discuss trade, investment with Thai Deputy PM

BANGKOK, June 8 (TNA) - His Royal Highness Prince Andrew, Britain's Duke of York, will discuss trade and investment with Thai Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Somkid Jatusripitak here Thursday with an aim to strengthen bilateral trade ties between the United Kingdom and Thailand.
Prince Andrew, who is a special UK representative for international trade and investment, arrived at Bangkok Military Airport on Wednesday, the first of the royal guests for the celebrations marking His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 60th anniversary of his accession to the throne.

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=22413

Duke of York to talk trade with Somkid

In his mission to boost trade and investment between the United Kingdom and Thailand, His Royal Highness Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, will today meet caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak.
A source at the Commerce Ministry said the possibility of forming a free-trade agreement between the two countries would also be discussed.
The meeting will be arranged on the sidelines of the prince's visit to Thailand for the 60th anniversary of His Majesty the King's accession to the throne.

Prince Andrew, who will stay until Wednesday, is a special UK representative for international trade and investment. Each year he has at least five overseas visits to strengthen trade cooperation, and this year Thailand is his focus.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/06/08/business/business_30006000.php

Prince Andrew arrived in Bangkok yesterday. You can find pictures of his arrival here & here.
Later on, he presented the Thai Prime Minister with a family gift made by Lord Linley

Prince Andrew with Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra shortly after arriving at a military airport in Bangkok

Attachments

• 71144056.jpg
    71144056.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 376
  • 71144080.jpg
    71144080.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 343
  • 71144102.jpg
    71144102.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 504
Prince Andrew:UK is confident in Thailand

BANGKOK, June 10 (TNA) - The United Kingdom is confident in Thailand, where UK investors give priority to expanding their investment bases, His Royal Highness Prince Andrew, Britain's Duke of York, said here on Friday.
When presiding over a ceremony to inaugurate the 100th branch of UK-based Boots Group at the Q-House Building on South Sathorn Road Friday afternoon, His Royal Highness Prince Andrew said in his speech that bilateral relations between the UK and Thailand have long been established and fostered.

The Duke of York, the second son of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of the UK, who is also a UK special representative for international trade and investment, noted that Thailand is among countries in which the UK is confident and UK investors give priority to expanding their investment bases internationally.

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=22467

madalx2 said:
It looks like he is going to miss any parties that they have for Prince Philip's Birthday.

<ed>

That's a shame to have to miss his own father's birthday. Just goes to show his dedication to his duties.

Prince Andrew attend King of Thailand's 60th anniversary

SCANPIX/NEttavisen

Prince Andrew greeting Prince Haakon and M-M at the Thailand celebrations recently.

I'm just curious... I remember reading that Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit lived in London a few years ago, and I wonder if Prince Andrew ever became close friends with or socialized with Haakon and MM while they were living there. Anyone know?

I dunno if he and they were friends but I know he's looking fine and together in that first pic. Is it gettin hot in here?

xx hrh xx

Yeah I think he hasn't looked this good since the early 80's! It's been a treat seeing him at so many occasions the past month or so.

Does anyone know if Andrew is seriously dating anyone now?

That's a good question if he's dating anyone but seriously doubt it he's too busy. The only time she'd get to see him was weekends.

The Biography Channel in the UK is showing his biography again Thursday; July 20th @ 8:00 p.m.
www.thebiographychannel.co.uk

xx hrh xx

Princess Beatrice has Sarah's hair color, but I think her face in general looks more like Andrew's.

Rex Features
setImgWidth();
Whereas Princess Eugenie has Andrew's hair color, but I'm undecided as to who her facial features are more like...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Prince Andrew takes a brief tour of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra monastery during his visit in Kiev, June 29, 2006.

from terra

Prince Andrew (R) speaks with Ukraine's President Viktor Yushchenko during his visit to Kiev, June 29, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

[/FONT]

Attachments

• 72080eb884b06g.jpg
    72080eb884b06g.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 72080eb884267g.jpg
    72080eb884267g.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 72080eb886795g.jpg
    72080eb886795g.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 380
  • r254070697.jpg
    r254070697.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
rchat said:
Princess Beatrice has Sarah's hair color, but I think her face in general looks more like Andrew's.

Rex Features
setImgWidth();
Whereas Princess Eugenie has Andrew's hair color, but I'm undecided as to who her facial features are more like...

For me, i find that eugenie has Prince Andrews stare

Britain's Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, attends a joint British-Kazakh investment conference titled 'Investing in Kazakhstan's Future' in Almaty July 5, 2006.

REUTERS

Attachments

• r2794765269.jpg
    r2794765269.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 278
  • r3123656846.jpg
    r3123656846.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 420
  • r4253733825.jpg
    r4253733825.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 292
lady_windsor said:
For me, i find that eugenie has Prince Andrews stare

She seems to have the most amazing grey eyes, but I don't think I've ever seen Andrew stare like that.

Beatrice has her mother's hair and her father's eyes and facial features. But I don't think Eugenie looks like Andrew or Sarah. I think she takes after the Queen Mother's line.

grey eyes? They look blue to me.

CATS said:
grey eyes? They look blue to me.

They look grey to me, but they could be blue. Sometimes blue eyes look a bit grey depending on the light. Whichever it is, they are amazing.

One thing's for sure... Beatrice and Eugenie don't look anything alike! They couldn't be more opposite. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't even think they were sisters.

I just don't see Angie Everhart being Andrew's gf. She's goes with anybody famous. He can do better.

xx hrh xx

I so agree, HRH. I may be wrong but Angie Everhart doesn't strike me as a woman with a particular amount of class. She might be fun for a "good time" but I can't see Prince Andrew getting into anything serious with her. And I don't think it would fly well with his family (esp. the parents) or the public as well.

Roslyn said:
She seems to have the most amazing grey eyes, but I don't think I've ever seen Andrew stare like that.

Beatrice has her mother's hair and her father's eyes and facial features. But I don't think Eugenie looks like Andrew or Sarah. I think she takes after the Queen Mother's line.

I think that's possible -- she looks a lot like a young Princess Margaret to me in some photographs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom