The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Andrew Duke of York: Old News and Photos

I did not saw photos of the andrew's christening, if I saw many photos of the andrew's presentation . He appeared several times after the baptism, and before trooping colour ' 64
The pictures are: october '62, september '60. august '60, march '60, august '61.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	andres2.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	160820   Click image for larger version

Name:	andres1.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	160821   Click image for larger version

Name:	andrew3.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	160822   Click image for larger version

Name:	andrew4.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	160823  

Click image for larger version

Name:	andrew5.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	160824  

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-23-2006, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A very official portrait of Andrew from 1994

(FIS)

Old 03-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Commoner

H.R.H. Prince Andrew, Duke of York

(c) Corbis

xx hrh xx
Old 10-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I'm glad you also liked the last one, Bella and I totally agree with you about Margaret
Here is a nice portrait of Andrew, taken in the 1980s, a similar one in black in white has already been posted, but I like this one better, the blue eyes are very intensive and you can see a lot of Beatrice there

(Majesty)
Old 04-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Aristocracy

My pic is from 1960 a baby Prince Andrew and smiling Queen

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™
Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew Duke of York photo thread

This thread is for old photos of Prince Andrew. New photos belong in the Current Events thread.

Please remember the rules about posting photos; no copyrighted photos should be posted in the threads directly but must be posted as links to the original source.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Commoner

Thumbs up is it true that the palace refused to let Sarah live with Andrew on his base?

Quote:
London, England (BANG) - Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has blamed the royal family for her failed marriage to Britain's Prince Andrew.
Sarah was left devastated when Andrew was sent to sea with the Royal Navy for five years, just days after they married in 1986.
The duchess told TV psychotherapist Pamela Stephenson during an interview for Channel 4 show 'Shrink Rap': "I fulfilled every girl's dream, getting married in a glass coach with six white horses. Andrew was my boy and very good-looking - the best one of the whole lot."
"The deal was that we were going to get married and I would go and live at port with him in a cottage. But two weeks after we got married, they said, 'No you can go to Buckingham Palace and Andrew you go to sea for the next five years.' Inside I was thinking, 'Don't take him away from me. He is the one person who believes in me.'"
AHN | Sarah Ferguson Still Sour Over Failed Marriage To Prince Andrew | July 18, 2007

Mind-boggling. I'm having a hard time believing this is true.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's also a claim she made in her autobiography, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed or denied by the Palace. It would seem rather strange since Princess Elizabeth wasn't expected to stay behind in England the whole time Prince Philip was posted overseas with the Navy, and those years are reputed to have been some of her happiest. Hard to see why she'd have denied the same to her son and his wife.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
It's also a claim she made in her autobiography, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed or denied by the Palace. It would seem rather strange since Princess Elizabeth wasn't expected to stay behind in England the whole time Prince Philip was posted overseas with the Navy, and those years are reputed to have been some of her happiest. Hard to see why she'd have denied the same to her son and his wife.
And even if - there was no reason to become unfaithful in public! There are a lot of army wifes who stayed true to their husbands.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The deal was that we were going to get married and I would go and live at port with him in a cottage. But two weeks after we got married, they said, 'No you can go to Buckingham Palace and Andrew you go to sea for the next five years.'
What did she think he was going to do, he was in the RN, most sailors go to..... sea. He did, like every other sailor get leave.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah wasn't prepared for life in the royal family and had no sense of duty. Andrew was too immature to help her and the Household was against her from the start.

It wasn't going to work.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Nobility

It did seem to be the case that she was not allowed to be a normal naval wife - something that I think both Andrew and she must have expected. Nothing that has happened since the divorce to make me think that Sarah wished to live alone in Buckingham Palace instead of being a naval wife. That is just sooo not her.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Gentry

Sarah Bradford tells a slightly different story in her 1996 book Elizabeth. In her book she states that The Queen was disappointed that Sarah "didn't even try to be a Navy wife." That once she found out about the gift of Sunninghill then all ideas about renting a cottage etc near Andrew's base were no longer acceptable to Sarah. I had read the same scenario recently in another book- but that may have been Sarah Bradford's book on Diana. So the info would have been reused by the author.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Well Sarah isn't going to win any popularity contests with The Royal Family with that interview. I remember reading a book on Lynn Wyatt who's son she was carrying on with and who's husband is that mean Oscar Wyatt, the oil tycoon who used her to strengthen his ties with the Arabs. I thought at that time "What's she thinking?" and I feel the same with this interview: What's she thinking to say this??
Old 11-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Aristocracy

Andrew's Names

I have a question about the Duke of York's names, particularly Christian. Was this to honor his great-great-great grandfather Christian XI of Denmark? I don't think it's a particularly common name used by the British Royal Family.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Nobility

As promised - Andrew in feather cloak.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

and in Samoa dancing in a SKIRT!

Cat
Old 03-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Someone's been doing her research!

Our Andrew. He's certainly a good sport! Thanks for these, LadyCat. If I'd ever seen them, I'd forgotten about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post

Cat
Old 03-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Nobility

Glad you enjoyed them Mermaid1962. I actually stumbled across them as I was searching more photos from his trip to India (abysmal failure) and a recent photo of Andrew in a kilt. Can anyone help out with the last one? I found one from the beginning of his marriage to Sarah when they traveled to Inverness but would love to see one taken in the last five years, if one exists.

Thanks,
Cat
Old 03-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post

Cat
Fabulous, Lady Cat!!! He looks like he's enjoying himself in these photos. I've never seen them either. What a great surprise!!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Does he still go to the Braemar Games? He'd likely wear one there.

Tags
duke of york, old photos, prince andrew