Prince Andrew, Duke of York: Old News and Photos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Heir Presumptive
City
-In some dark place-
Country
Argentina
I did not saw photos of the andrew's christening, if I saw many photos of the andrew's presentation . He appeared several times after the baptism, and before trooping colour ' 64
The pictures are: october '62, september '60. august '60, march '60, august '61.

Attachments

• andres2.JPG
    andres2.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 733
  • andres1.JPG
    andres1.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 848
  • andrew3.JPG
    andrew3.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 916
  • andrew4.JPG
    andrew4.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • andrew5.JPG
    andrew5.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,601
Last edited:
A very official portrait of Andrew from 1994

s2gvmx.jpg

(FIS)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you also liked the last one, Bella and I totally agree with you about Margaret :)
Here is a nice portrait of Andrew, taken in the 1980s, a similar one in black in white has already been posted, but I like this one better, the blue eyes are very intensive and you can see a lot of Beatrice there :)

(Majesty)

Prince Andrew Duke of York photo thread

This thread is for old photos of Prince Andrew. New photos belong in the Current Events thread.

Please remember the rules about posting photos; no copyrighted photos should be posted in the threads directly but must be posted as links to the original source.

is it true that the palace refused to let Sarah live with Andrew on his base?

London, England (BANG) - Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has blamed the royal family for her failed marriage to Britain's Prince Andrew.
Sarah was left devastated when Andrew was sent to sea with the Royal Navy for five years, just days after they married in 1986.
The duchess told TV psychotherapist Pamela Stephenson during an interview for Channel 4 show 'Shrink Rap': "I fulfilled every girl's dream, getting married in a glass coach with six white horses. Andrew was my boy and very good-looking - the best one of the whole lot."
"The deal was that we were going to get married and I would go and live at port with him in a cottage. But two weeks after we got married, they said, 'No you can go to Buckingham Palace and Andrew you go to sea for the next five years.' Inside I was thinking, 'Don't take him away from me. He is the one person who believes in me.'"

AHN | Sarah Ferguson Still Sour Over Failed Marriage To Prince Andrew | July 18, 2007

Mind-boggling. I'm having a hard time believing this is true.

It's also a claim she made in her autobiography, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed or denied by the Palace. It would seem rather strange since Princess Elizabeth wasn't expected to stay behind in England the whole time Prince Philip was posted overseas with the Navy, and those years are reputed to have been some of her happiest. Hard to see why she'd have denied the same to her son and his wife.

It's also a claim she made in her autobiography, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed or denied by the Palace. It would seem rather strange since Princess Elizabeth wasn't expected to stay behind in England the whole time Prince Philip was posted overseas with the Navy, and those years are reputed to have been some of her happiest. Hard to see why she'd have denied the same to her son and his wife.

And even if - there was no reason to become unfaithful in public! There are a lot of army wifes who stayed true to their husbands.

The deal was that we were going to get married and I would go and live at port with him in a cottage. But two weeks after we got married, they said, 'No you can go to Buckingham Palace and Andrew you go to sea for the next five years.'

What did she think he was going to do, he was in the RN, most sailors go to..... sea. He did, like every other sailor get leave.:rolleyes:

Sarah wasn't prepared for life in the royal family and had no sense of duty. Andrew was too immature to help her and the Household was against her from the start.

It wasn't going to work.

It did seem to be the case that she was not allowed to be a normal naval wife - something that I think both Andrew and she must have expected. Nothing that has happened since the divorce to make me think that Sarah wished to live alone in Buckingham Palace instead of being a naval wife. That is just sooo not her.

Sarah Bradford tells a slightly different story in her 1996 book Elizabeth. In her book she states that The Queen was disappointed that Sarah "didn't even try to be a Navy wife." That once she found out about the gift of Sunninghill then all ideas about renting a cottage etc near Andrew's base were no longer acceptable to Sarah. I had read the same scenario recently in another book- but that may have been Sarah Bradford's book on Diana. So the info would have been reused by the author.

Well Sarah isn't going to win any popularity contests with The Royal Family with that interview. I remember reading a book on Lynn Wyatt who's son she was carrying on with and who's husband is that mean Oscar Wyatt, the oil tycoon who used her to strengthen his ties with the Arabs. I thought at that time "What's she thinking?" and I feel the same with this interview: What's she thinking to say this??

Andrew's Names

I have a question about the Duke of York's names, particularly Christian. Was this to honor his great-great-great grandfather Christian XI of Denmark? I don't think it's a particularly common name used by the British Royal Family.

Glad you enjoyed them Mermaid1962. I actually stumbled across them as I was searching more photos from his trip to India (abysmal failure) and a recent photo of Andrew in a kilt. Can anyone help out with the last one? I found one from the beginning of his marriage to Sarah when they traveled to Inverness but would love to see one taken in the last five years, if one exists.

Thanks,
Cat

Does he still go to the Braemar Games? He'd likely wear one there.

Andrew was named after his grandfathers and great great great grandfathers. Andrew after Prince Andrew of Greece, Albert after King George VI, Christen after Christian of Denmark and Edward after King Edward.

Last edited:

queenofthelight I just love those photos

I think that picture was taken during their Canadian tour in 1987. I wish I wasn't too young at the time to remember it. I would love it if Prince Andrew did another tour of Canada. :flowers:

Some of you might have watched this before, but I thought I should share it here, on the occasion of Prince Andrew's birthday:

It's A Royal Knockout - Introductions - YouTube

I find it extremely relaxing and funny! Andrew, Sarah, Anne & Edward showing us a lighter side and they all seem to enjoy it. :flowers:

:yorkrose:

Back
Top Bottom