Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems impervious to any wrongdoing by others or himself.

Is it permissible to say that Milken looks slimy, smarmy and any other descriptive words of that kind that can be thought up?

In all fairness to Milken...

...he paid his fine, he served his time, and he has led a noble life in the years since. Any man who suffers from prostate cancer has a much better chance of survival due to Milken's philanthrophy and leadership. Remarkably, he is still married to his grade school sweetheart. Not all crimes are irredeemable, nor are all criminals. Many people more distinguished and accomplished than Andrew associate with Milken.

Well said ladongas.

The point of most criminal justice systems these days is to rehabilitate the criminal so that they can contribute positively to society and Milken appears to have been doing just that since his time in gaol.

Of course, the fact that Andrew will be hosting an event for Milken's cause at BP has many people in a spin. Would they feel the same way if it was The Queen or Anne? Or is it jus that it is Andrew's interests that overlap with this cause that leads to the problems.

Anne and Kate visit prisons to look at how the rehabilitation of prisoners is working but when Andrew is working with a success story from that process he is criticised while the ladies are praised - double standard much.

...he paid his fine, he served his time, and he has led a noble life in the years since. Any man who suffers from prostate cancer has a much better chance of survival due to Milken's philanthrophy and leadership. Remarkably, he is still married to his grade school sweetheart. Not all crimes are irredeemable, nor are all criminals. Many people more distinguished and accomplished than Andrew associate with Milken.

I agree.

And Milken's crimes were of the white collar variety, very different from Epstein's, and they were a long time ago.

Though I despite Epstein and worry about Andrew's connection with him, I do admire the fact that Andrew seems to be loyal to his friends.

Just " white collar crime " ??? And yes it's because of Andrews history

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The old saw 'You can judge a person by the company he keeps' still holds true. In Andrew's case there are ex-criminals of white collar crime and otherwise, shady businessmen, Eastern European oligarchs and their relatives, etc. However, all are wealthy, so I suppose that excuses it.

I agree.

And Milken's crimes were of the white collar variety, very different from Epstein's, and they were a long time ago.

Though I despite Epstein and worry about Andrew's connection with him, I do admire the fact that Andrew seems to be loyal to his friends.

His friends have one other thing in common plenty of money !!

Another royal visit to the city today;

NEWS: The Duke of York will meet people North #Yorkshire affected by #flooding later.

It is very nice to see that members of British royal are visiting the flooded areas.

They always do - as soon as the security etc give them the go-ahead to visit.

It is very nice to see that members of British royal are visiting the flooded areas.

Not really so "nice", in my opinion. He is the Duke of York. The people of York have suffered greatly because of the floods. It's his duty - his job - to go there. He'd be a louse if he didn't. I would like to see his daughters visit, too, since they are both princesses "of York".

What I think was nice was Katherine Kent visiting. She is no longer a working Royal, and she didn't go out of duty, but because she is a Yorkshire girl and because she cares about the people and the land that is in her heart, and I'm sure the people she met there appreciated it.

I work in York, live just outside the city and have been affected by the floods. I wish I'd have the opportunity to see Katherine yesterday, but both royal visits have been kept under wraps. Would love to see either of the two girls, or any of the younger royals visit Yorkshire, Cumbria, Scotland etc.

:previous: I'm sorry you've been affected. I hope not too badly.

I wonder why they kept the visits under wraps? I don't see the sense in not telling the people people the Royals are visiting that they are coming.

The main reason for keeping these visits under wraps is security. The fewer people who know they are coming the fewer security people are needed to be diverted from other duties to looking after the royal visitor.

But it's a balancing act, surely. There's no point in the Royals traipsing up/down there if those in the places they are going to visit, and whose spirits they are supposedly trying to improve, don't know they are coming.

Last edited:
Not really so "nice", in my opinion. He is the Duke of York. The people of York have suffered greatly because of the floods. It's his duty - his job - to go there. He'd be a louse if he didn't. I would like to see his daughters visit, too, since they are both princesses "of York".

What I think was nice was Katherine Kent visiting. She is no longer a working Royal, and she didn't go out of duty, but because she is a Yorkshire girl and because she cares about the people and the land that is in her heart, and I'm sure the people she met there appreciated it.

I loved seeing Katherine Kent out there yesterday. It made me realize how much I miss seeing her out and about. She was always a favorite.

It would have been nice to see the York girls,too. But I think it was reported that Beatrice is on holiday in St. Barts. I'm not sure the story with Eugenie, she could have been working or as in the past she has a tendency to go on ski vacations over the New Year holiday. Andrew always gets more press when he's with his daughters so that would have been an added benefit. But I'm glad he made an appearance all the same.

I want to add that if either Beatrice or Eugenie plan to marry at York Minster then this is the exact kind of P.R. outing they need to do. If they want to embrace "york" for their wedding then they need to do it in times of turmoil,too, much like The Duchess of Kent.

Last edited:
:previous: This would have been an excellent opportunity for the York girls to score a huge number of PR brownie points. If they had cut short a holiday in order to go visiting the people of York at this time, a wedding at York Minster would be guaranteed.

Despite my not so very high opinion about Andrew, I think that he did what it was expcted from him and did the right thing.He acted in a good way.

Despite my not so very high opinion about Andrew, I think that he did what it was expcted from him and did the right thing.He acted in a good way.

It's not a very flattering article

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

When people are in crisis, you don't, IMO, go to the place, somewhat disrupt rescue efforts, utter a couple of platitudes and have your photo taken with someone else holding your umbrella, before then going home. It looks and sounds elitist, callous and unfeeling, even if Andrew is personally none of those things.

What I liked about Charles's efforts in Cumbria was, even if he didn't help much in a material sense, this was the second time Charles had been to flooded Cumbria in as many years. He and Camilla also brought a contribution of food to the homeless and rescued of Ballater in Scotland. It leaves an impression of someone who cares.

I do think that Andrew and the younger royals, the York princesses, Harry, even the Cambridges, could have spent a day or two days up in Yorkshire and Cumbria, helping, even if it was only filling sandbags. These are British people in crisis and needing a hand and able and healthy members of the BRF could have assisted. It would have been worth a thousand comforting words.

:previous: This would have been an excellent opportunity for the York girls to score a huge number of PR brownie points. If they had cut short a holiday in order to go visiting the people of York at this time, a wedding at York Minster would be guaranteed.

Do either of them want to marry at York Minster? Have either of them ever indicated that? The last royal wedding there was the Duke and Duchess of Kent - because she was a Yorkshire girl and for no other reason.

I don't think either of the girls are that interested in marrying there at all. They don't seem to have all that much interest in the place, although some of Beatrice's 12 patronages etc are to do with York.

Even Andrew rarely visits the place.

The idea that the territorial designation has some relevance to the individual royal who holds it isn't born out by the evidence e.g. The Duke of Gloucester didn't marry at Gloucester Cathedral, nor does he even live in Gloucester.

It is a title with no real bearing on the royal concerned. Note that the Duke of Cambridge took nearly 3 years to even make an official visit to that place after being created Duke of Cambridge.

When people are in crisis, you don't, IMO, go to the place, somewhat disrupt rescue efforts, utter a couple of platitudes and have your photo taken with someone else holding your umbrella, before then going home. It looks and sounds elitist, callous and unfeeling, even if Andrew is personally none of those things.

What I liked about Charles's efforts in Cumbria was, even if he didn't help much in a material sense, this was the second time Charles had been to flooded Cumbria in as many years. He and Camilla also brought a contribution of food to the homeless and rescued of Ballater in Scotland. It leaves an impression of someone who cares.

I do think that Andrew and the younger royals, the York princesses, Harry, even the Cambridges, could have spent a day or two days up in Yorkshire and Cumbria, helping, even if it was only filling sandbags. These are British people in crisis and needing a hand and able and healthy members of the BRF could have assisted. It would have been worth a thousand comforting words.

As it is said..*Actions speak louder then words for words are just that, nothing without something behind them, actions*, so it seems that some royals could care less what happens to the British people during these times when many have lost everything.........not good PR work for the royal family. IMO I think Prince Andrew is a bit of a snob and wants what Andrew wants when Andrew wants something......over the years that is the impression I get of him.

As for his daughters, they are not working members of the firm, they just have a title attached to their name all because their father wanted it that way.....so they live their lives according to what they want to do, and since they are not supported by the taxpayer they in a sense have no obligations to the royal family/firm. It is the media that makes them more then they are.......for the media wants to sell papers, so we can but should not expect them to go to the areas of crisis and help out.

Yet their father should be the first one there filling the sand bags, getting his hands dirty, bringing food and supplies out of his own pocket (I am sure he has enough money to lend a helping hand) and getting down helping the people any way he can with out someone holding an umbrella for him so that he stays dry......a bit of a snob, JMO.

Do either of them want to marry at York Minster? Have either of them ever indicated that? The last royal wedding there was the Duke and Duchess of Kent - because she was a Yorkshire girl and for no other reason.

I don't think either of the girls are that interested in marrying there at all. They don't seem to have all that much interest in the place, although some of Beatrice's 12 patronages etc are to do with York.

Even Andrew rarely visits the place.

The idea that the territorial designation has some relevance to the individual royal who holds it isn't born out by the evidence e.g. The Duke of Gloucester didn't marry at Gloucester Cathedral, nor does he even live in Gloucester.

It is a title with no real bearing on the royal concerned. Note that the Duke of Cambridge took nearly 3 years to even make an official visit to that place after being created Duke of Cambridge.

I have no idea whether they want to marry there or not. miss whirley mentioned the possibility and that was the reason I mentioned it.

As for the territorial designation, I think it darn well should have some relevance to the Royal who holds it otherwise they shouldn't use the name. They are getting a benefit by having the title, and they should take an interest in the place their title is named for, and the people who live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom