Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is intriguing but not unprecedented. She attended the Duke's being installed as a Knight of the Garter. Still, having her at two events with a royal connection in as many weeks is v-e-r-y interesting.:flowers:

It certainly is! :hmm:

The first one though makes a lot of sense seeing as it was an official acknowledgement of the charity that she set up so of course she would have been at that event.

This one seems like it is an organisation etc that is going to have a strong family connection.

Maybe she will be back or maybe she won't. I do think that The Queen would like to see Andrew settled with a wife again and if that is Sarah then so be it.

The Duke of York attended the Turkish-British Tatli Dil Forum in Istanbul, Turkey, today, November 29, prior to the event he met Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Le Meridien Hotel in Istanbul.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The Duke of York travelled as follows:

17-20 Nov Saudi Arabia
(privately to Abu Dhabi, then on to:)
25-27 Nov India (Attending Commonwealth Science Conference - gave speech on bealf of HMQ)
29 Nov arrived in Turkey.....

The Duke of York travelled as follows:

17-20 Nov Saudi Arabia
(then privately to Abu Dhabi, then on to:)
25-27 Nov India (Attending Commonwealth Science Conference - gave speech on bealf of HMQ)
29 Nov arrived in Turkey.....

Last edited:
:previous: Now why am I not surprised to see Prince Andrew back doing exactly what he used to be doing only without the title! It seems the heads of state and their ministers like to be royally smoozed and Prince Andrew knew how to play the game for the home team.

The government let itself be influenced by the Mail et al and, with Andrew being tagged "Airmiles Andy", they cut him loose for the vultures. Now, they once again call on Andrew, with his gift of the gab and handy golf bag, to reprise the job of Britain's Special Representative for International Trade and Investment in all but name. :whistling:

:previous:Saudi was on behalf of the British Government; I dont know about Turkey. But India was on behalf of the Queen and he was there to deliver her speech to the Conference.

Abu Dhabi was fun!

Although in Abu Dhabi he opened the school with Beatrice so he also had an engagement there.

The Duke of York presented students from University Technical Colleges with their Duke of York awards at St James' Palace
News

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 2h 2 hours ago
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will attend the World Economic Forum in Switzerland next week.

I can't say I look forward to it, but the media will be out in full force.

We had a Royal Reporter on a morning show he said this is a huge mistake for Andrew and will simply highlight his current problems it won't help him. More things are supposed to come out next week. The timing is very bad and Andrew could really regret this.

Well I expect this means we will have more stories released next week to time perfectly with when Andrew is at Davos. Given that the media have already (tried) to question Fergie and Zara about it I expect they will be out in full asking all about it to everyone at Davos.
I also expect we'll read a lot about luxury chalet stays (where Andrew usually stays when in Davos costs tens of thousands of pounds I believe) and private jet flights.
All in all I expect there will be no mention of why he is there and it will all just be about the Andrew media affair.

But then if he didn't go it could look like he's running scared.

He goes to Davos every year. He is the member of the BRF who takes an interest in economics business and, most importantly, technology.

He is hosting a reception promoting British entrepreneurship and highlighting one of the best things he's ever done @pitchatpalace

Link to his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/hrhthedukeofyork/timeline

Might be going against the general trend but this man has been accused of deeds but has never been charged or tried or found guilty.

So why should he "hide"? And if he did, given the fact that he has never been charged or tried or found guilty, when should he make a public appearance? All that would happen is that a raft of people would say its an indication of guilt if he "hid away"

This is the right approach, IMO. Business as usual. And regardless of what one royal reporter might have said on radio, for the majority of UK reporters this is no surprise at all.

As most UK papers will prob. only have one reporter there (money is tight), it will be interesting to see which one they send - if any.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Daily Mail sends a whole team out!

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Daily Mail sends a whole team out!

I understand what you mean but what are they going to do?

He is attending official Davos events including conferences and exhibitions. The people attending will not comment on this issue at all. So maybe an economic reporter keeping an eye out for gossip but its v expensive to send a team for a poosibility.

We had a Royal Reporter on a morning show he said this is a huge mistake for Andrew and will simply highlight his current problems it won't help him. More things are supposed to come out next week. The timing is very bad and Andrew could really regret this.

Was it Robert Jobson again? He is not one I would call reliable.

Rob Jobson has been the only reporter I have seen on Australian TV and he keeps being asked about it.

He said this morning that if Andrew didn't go it would be sign of guilt after saying all week that he shouldn't be going as he will be asked questions.

Of course he will be asked questions but he could also refuse to answer and simply say something such as Zara said 'I am not going to answer that question or any similar questions. Do you have anything to ask me about this forum and what is being discussed here? If not thank you and good evening/afternoon.'

Air Miles Andy flies again: Duke of York visited 15 countries and clocked up 67,000 miles in 2014 - Telegraph
Four years after he officially gave up his role as Britain’s roving trade ambassador, the Duke of York is still racking up more air miles than any other member of the Royal family, it has emerged.

The Duke visited 15 countries on working visits in 2014, almost four times as many as the Duke of Cambridge and six more than any other member of the Royal family.

In total, Prince Andrew travelled 66,800 miles by air, the equivalent of circling the globe almost three times, even though his official role is focussed on British entrepreneurs, education and science and technology.

It is almost twice as far as the 37,000 miles he travelled in 2012/13 and closer to the 77,000 miles he travelled in his final year as UK trade ambassador, a role he quit in 2011 because of his links with the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and other controversial business contacts.

Duke of York's attendance at Davos could damage British interests, says ex-minister - Telegraph
The Duke of York's attendance at the World Economic Forum next week could damage British interests abroad, a former minister has warned.

The Duke, who stood down as UK Trade Envoy in 2011, will host a reception promoting British entrepreneurship at the conference in Davos, Switzerland, in an unofficial capacity.

However Norman Baker, a Liberal Democrat MP and former Home Office minister, said that Prince Andrew will still “be seen to be representing Britain”.

This will be the Duke’s first public appearance since allegations that he had sex with a 17-year-old emerged in US court papers earlier this month.

Asked if his visit, following the allegations, might damage British interests, Mr Baker said: "It potentially could do. "

While Mr Baker insisted that "a man is innocent until he his proven guilty", he added: "It may have been more prudent in these circumstances for him not to have gone. He may have taken that decision himself."

Last edited by a moderator:
Davos is really a boring thing to go to; Prince Andrew however seems to enjoy it ... who else would we send?

Business as usual - prior to Davos. From the Court Circular

Buckingham Palace
20th January, 2015
The Duke of York this evening attended a Reception for the Canadian Council of Chief Executives on the occasion of the New Year’s Members’ Meeting at HM Tower of London, London EC3.

Of course it's business as usual for him. Andrew wouldn't ever remove himself from royal engagements voluntarily!

It is the right thing to do IMO.

It's a no-win situation for Prince Andrew as I see it – but all this 'trial by media' business is just terrible; what happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'? – some poster said that Andrew is this generation's media bad boy, and Prince Harry will take his place in the future; i think this might end up being true, and I hope Harry is keeping a close eye on what's going on. As for Andrew, he's certainly made some bad choices, but none of us are saints, and it really comes down to media spin. And media spin can be so cruel and relentless and so easy to sway the more gullible members of the public – and also those who have not read anything other than the tabloid press's view of what the Royals actually do, stand for, and represent, and just take it for granted the press are telling the truth.

So true EllieCat.

To not carry on as normal would be an admission of guilt.

IF he is found guilty of a criminal matter than yes he would have to stop but until he is found guilty he should carry on, as should any person who is being accused of a crime, until they are found guilty.

Trial by public opinion is NOT a good enough reason for him to stop doing his job.

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 2h 2 hours ago
Confirmation from Buckingham Palace that Prince Andrew will say a few words tomorrow at Pitch@Palace reception in Davos.

Why I dislike the UK tabloid press - tweets on 21st January.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 8 hrs8 hours ago
First UK engagement for Prince Andrew is 28th January. He will host reception for The International Year of Light 2015 at St James's Palace

Emily Nash ‏@emynash 14 mins14 minutes ago
@QueenVicMirror @regalmagazine Andrew has already quietly carried out a UK engagement this week! A Sun exclusive in tomorrow's paper.

As he is now in Davros, I can only assume it's the engagement on the 20th already posted here from the CC.

British press are sad,sad,sad. Royal reporters appear not to check CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom