Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A great of the stuff is going to put you in debt anyway.

I'm just saying going to all these colleges and universities are expensive and can bury you in student loan debt.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2h
Prince Andrew (whose foreign trips have provoked much comment in the past) is heading to Bahrain this week on behalf of the Government

He'll be out there banging the drum for GREAT British Week,which is designed to encourage foreign tourism, investment and business in the UK

Prince Andrew quit his role as the UK's 'Special Representative for International Trade & Investment' in 2011 following immense criticism

However at the time palace officials said he would continue to travel abroad on occasions 'as and when he was needed'.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 3h
Buck Palace say the gov has asked @TheDukeOfYork to visit Bahrain this week. He stepped down as the UK's special trade rep 2 years ago.

Last edited:
It used to be that someone with a university degree made more money over the length of their working life and were therefore able to pay off their debts and do well financially. That simply isn't the case any more, as you say.

I'm just saying going to all these colleges and universities are expensive and can bury you in student loan debt.

It would really depend on what you studied. In the US, it is common for someone going to law school to have incurred $250,000 in debt. Then at 4 years oult the percentage of law school graduates who find gainful employment in the field is less than 25%. In this instance, it seems a poor 'investment' indeed.

I am so grateful to those times where I got qualified and could work and support my family.

Sorry for the (personal) history lesson but I felt I should have declared an interest in support what DoY is doing. Purely Academic qualifications do not give the resources required for a country to progress.

I agree very much, I have discovered this hard truth since graduating from university myself! Trades are the way of the future; there are too many university degrees and not enough jobs, especially in the humanities. Good for Prince Andrew for jumping on the bandwagon and recognizing this.

Last edited:
:previous: Hmm. It seems that for all the sniping and Air Miles Andy jokes the Government still knows which side of their bread is buttered and called on Prince Andrew to do what he does best. Royal diplomacy, so that they don't have to resort to diplomatic glad-handing.

I know that human rights activists are all a'flutter about it but sometimes I have to believe that our way is not the right way for everyone. Democracy is an hereditary custom for us, we have learnt it and we have lived it, as did our parents, grandparents and so on. Our style of government has continued to evolve over time . . . hey women even got the vote, but that is our system. It is not Bahrain's.

His Royal Highness will be attending a number of events to do with GREAT British Week during his visit as well, which is aimed to focus on core priorities including including Education, Young People & Skills & Entrepreneurship.
But, while Prince Andrew is the highly visible front, I am sure the government is trying to put their case for Human Rights, etc. via diplomatic dialogue. An international Royal Snub would merely create more distance and less opportunity for dialogue of any description.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 4h
HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE DUKE OF YORK ANNOUNCED AS PATRON OF THE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL FOR BUSINESS

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 4h
The Duke of York is focused on initiatives that work to ensure young people have the opportunity to develop relevant employability skills.

Last edited:
Has anyone here received a reply by Andy from his Twitter acc so far??

Prince Andrew: Come and work at Buckingham Palace:
PRINCE Andrew stars in a new behind-the-scenes film about Buckingham Palace in an effort to recruit people from a wider range of backgrounds to work for the Royal Household.
Prince Andrew: Come and work at Buckingham Palace | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Express are hoping to have the video online tomorrow.

This is such a good cause - I wish PA lots of luck and best wishes for working to get young people into employment.

The tone of the article is ambiguous. Prince Andrew can do whatever he wishes.

I agree. He's single and a minor Royal and can-within reason-date whomever he wants.

Since his divorce, Prince Andrew has dated lots of models, most notably Angie Everhart which was reportedly a serious relationship.

He likes models and socialites like most men in his position.

There is nothing wrong with two consenting adults having a relationship without being engaged and appearing in public.

Last edited:
Hypocracy of this statement is mind blowing
Whoopi, she's 20 years younger and . . . ? It looked to me more like the old continental cheek buss rather than a personal goodbye let alone a romantic farewell.

Personally I find the greatest hypocrisy comes with referring to him as a former Trade Envoy and then calling him Airmiles Andy! Yes you can indeed smooze all the right people internationally from the comfort of your home salon whilst ensconced in your Lazy-Boy rocker! :D

Last edited:
I am bit bummed if this is real as I was totally rooting for a Fergie and Andy second wedding with hats and bells on it, but I shall have to live without it.

Fair play to Andy - he's doing what pretty much ever 50 year old man wants to do.

Whoopi, he's 20 years younger and . . . ? It looked to me more like the old continental cheek buss rather than a personal goodbye let alone a romantic farewell.

Personally I find the greatest hypocrisy comes with referring to him as a former Trade Envoy and then calling him Airmiles Andy! Yes you can indeed smooze all the right people internationally from the comfort of your home salon whilst ensconced in your Lazy-Boy rocker! :D

another 2 reasons t hate that paper.

I must stop this cos Im getting repetitive on how much I dislike that paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom