Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 6: July 2011-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duke of York attended the Global Health Policy Summit at the Guildhall London today, August 1, 2012. Princess Haya
of Jordan and Sheika Moza Bint Nassar of Qatar were present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** wenn gallery **

Andrew is getting ready to make his abseil but I really can't believe the nasty comments being posted - some wishing/hoping that he falls and dies.

It's a sad world; must admit, those sort of nasty comments on the DM made me a bit concerned when i went to the UK for a holiday this year; i thought to myself, British people can't ALL be like that. And they weren't. Most of them were just fine, just lovely. But somehow the DM brings out the worst (and occasionally, just sometimes, the best) in people.

Personally i hope Prince Andrew does well; it's a tougher thing to do at his age than when he was a young chap. Good for him to even think of trying.

P.S. I hardly ever go on the DM site anymore; it's too depressing.

Now that is just plain nasty. Prince Andrew might have his faults but wishing that is just cruel I would like some of them to try and do what he is going to do. Some people will never be happy!

Andrew abseiled down The Shard about an hour ago, he said he was scared at the top and the worst bit was looking down.

Just saw this on the news,I see the nasty comments are now currently unavailable,hopefully someone will have taken them down!

His Royal HIGHNESS! Prince Andrew abseils down Europe's tallest building the Shard to raise £300,000 for charity
Prince Andrew has completed a daredevil abseil down the Shard in London to raise £300,000 for charity. The Duke of York scaled down the outside of Europe's tallest building as part of a group of 40 supporting The Outward Bound Trust and the Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund. The 52-year-old royal, who started from the 87th floor and finished on level 20, said afterwards: 'I will never do it again.'
Don't mean to sound negative, but he didn't exactly abseil, did he? He was lowered from the top of the Shard - which is still a pretty impressive feat, mind you.

kakieanne said:
Good for him! He has a lot more courage than I do.

I was nervous just watching the his head cam

He must not be afraid of heights. I would be scared to do this even with people around me.

This may sound weird, but I think he's starting to resemble Queen Mary.

I got giddy just looking at the pictures it was a long way down. He did it the way the others did, safety is always important for these things. Andrew has always had courage. I bet it made him train too. It was a good thing to do. Maybe he can give hints to Princess Bea on her mountain climb for charity.

:previous: In asking my question I forgot to say . . . Bravo Prince Andrew!

What a terrific thing to do and not easy I should think as he is not known for his athleticism at this stage of his life. I guess he drew on courage and knowing he had done such things before but, nonetheless, he set a benchmark for such fundraisers.

He is a wonderful role model for his daughters and it is perhaps not surprising that Beatrice is taking a leaf from his book!

This may sound weird, but I think he's starting to resemble Queen Mary.
Not weird at all, Queen Elizabeth II resembles her grandmother and I can see it at times in Andrew too.
And, edit to add, how extremely courageous to do what he has just done!

The Duke of York has been in Northern Ireland since yesterday:

Yesterday, September 5, he was the guest of honour at a dinner hosted by the Minister of State for Northern Ireland in recognition of the role of apprenticeships in the Northern Ireland economy and today he visited the IT company Northgate, a college, the Michelin factory and attended a garden party.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** u.tv gallery: Duke Of York Visit **

** bbc.co.uk: Duke of York at Northern Ireland apprentices event **

** bbc.co.uk: Duke of York tours County Antrim **

The Duke of York has been photographed golfing at Troon Golf Club in Scotland, today, September 10, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

^^ ah ah ah love the first pic. Their expressions are priceless. The guy next to Andrew, is he afraid of being hit with the stick?

:ROFLMAO: That would be a "club"! :lol: Actually, same difference . . . judging by the look on that guy's face! :D

That first pic made me wonder if Andrew was about to go after the photographer and give him a clubbing!

:previous: To give an off-the-cuff speech with details from briefing notes or information gleaned from a round-table discussion is no mean feat. I appreciate the way the D of Y is able to incorporate things he learns into his speeches.

:previous: To give an off-the-cuff speech with details from briefing notes or information gleaned from a round-table discussion is no mean feat. I appreciate the way the D of Y is able to incorporate things he learns into his speeches.

I have always admired and respected the Duke of York. The British tabloids give him a hard time but HRH has always been a friend to Canada and it's nice when he speaks so fondly of his time at Lakefield College School in Lakefield, Ontario.

The Duke of York is a great man.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I've been realizing it lately. At the beginning I didn't like him very much but now that I've been following his activities more closely, he's been growing on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom