Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Andrew spotted wearing a new £12,000 Apple Watch at Buckingham Palace event* | Daily Mail Online

This at a time when the Queen/ Buckingham Palace grey men are being criticised for sacking long term staff and throwing them out of their homes! I believe that Andrew got this watch as a 'gift' from Apple, no-one else. He is an absolute disgrace!

Personally I don't see it as a big deal. All it tells me is that perhaps Andrew likes the newfangled gadgets fresh off the assembly line. Whether or not it was a gift or a purchase by Andrew, I would bet my last peanut butter cup that he can well afford it.

It's tacky but Andrew isn't exactly known for his smarts I doubt it occurred to him it would upset people. Probably a gift and it worked it got noticed and now Apple have some free publicity a Prince wearing their watch. I doubt it would change what is happening staff wise at the Palace, the Royals are always getting gifts etc.

While I'm not a Andrew fan I can't see anything wrong in getting a watch. My 2 sons have got their apple watch they can afford them and love new technology.
So he's got the dearest one big deal he's done far worse. He working with young people in start up business ( well I think it's something like that )so would be interested in any thing new

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

By the way there not tacky

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Andrew spotted wearing a new £12,000 Apple Watch at Buckingham Palace event* | Daily Mail Online

This at a time when the Queen/ Buckingham Palace grey men are being criticised for sacking long term staff and throwing them out of their homes! I believe that Andrew got this watch as a 'gift' from Apple, no-one else. He is an absolute disgrace!

Why is he an absolute disgrace? I have seen these watches at the Apple Store over here in Dijon (in the Bourgondie) and they really look amazing. They cost between 400 and 600 Euro depending on the version. You will not get a Patek Philippe, a Breguet, a Jaeger-Le Coultre or a Vacheron horloge for that amount...

:flowers:

To balance Andrew's spending of 400-600 Euro somewhat. Here you see (then) Princess Máxima sporting a Patek Philippe horloge of... 23.000 Euro: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=290225&d=1380443772 So all by all, the Brits have a bargain with Andrew... ;)

Last edited:
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 16m 16 minutes ago
Next Thursday The Duke of York will take the salute at the Royal Hospital Chelsea Founders Day.

Prince Andrew was present at the Founders Day parade at the Royal Hospital Chelsea today.

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 1h1 hour ago
HRH to Chelsea Pensioners on #FoundersDay @RHChelsea : “the lifelong service that you have given should never ever be forgotten. Thank you”

The Duke greets veterans at the 323rd annual #FoundersDay parade @RHChelsea

The @RHChelsea is home to 300 retired soldiers including 88 veterans of World War II #FoundersDay

19 Chelsea Pensioners received the Légion d’Honneur for service to France on D-Day and beyond in 1944 #FoundersDay

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 4h4 hours ago
Prince Andrew will attend a service at St Paul's Cathedral marking 10 years since the July 7th London bombings.

Prince Andrew is the new Chancellor of University of Huddersfield, to be installed at the July graduation ceremonies. He has been Patron of the University since 2013.

Uni. of Huddersfield ‏@HuddersfieldUni 13h13 hours ago
We're delighted to announce that @TheDukeOfYork is @HuddersfieldUni’s new Chancellor from July

July - HRH The Duke of York, KG, to be appointed Chancellor - University of Huddersfield

July 2nd:
The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 15h15 hours ago
The Duke has arrived in Papua New Guinea
Image One ** Image Two

July 3rd:
The Duke of York visits the Bomana War Cemetery in Papua New Guinea to remember Commonwealth soldiers.

Last edited:
Prince Andrew spotted wearing a new £12,000 Apple Watch at Buckingham Palace event | Daily Mail Online

Personally I don't see it as a big deal. All it tells me is that perhaps Andrew likes the newfangled gadgets fresh off the assembly line. Whether or not it was a gift or a purchase by Andrew, I would bet my last peanut butter cup that he can well afford it.

It's tacky but Andrew isn't exactly known for his smarts I doubt it occurred to him it would upset people. Probably a gift and it worked it got noticed and now Apple have some free publicity a Prince wearing their watch. I doubt it would change what is happening staff wise at the Palace, the Royals are always getting gifts etc.

While I'm not a Andrew fan I can't see anything wrong in getting a watch. My 2 sons have got their apple watch they can afford them and love new technology.
So he's got the dearest one big deal he's done far worse. He working with young people in start up business ( well I think it's something like that )so would be interested in any thing new

By the way there not tacky
What a well reasoned and absolutely ordinary explanation royal rob. And judging by how quickly the "kids" around here acquire cutting edge technology, it's not even conspicuous consumption.

The Daily Mail just can't decide if Andrew is a Victim or a Villain. They led the media lynch mob against Andrew after he is one of several prominent men named as sexual predators in a private civil suit in the US. Truth is not the issue here, paper sales are, and the DM happily made hay while the sun shone accusing him of not even showing any remorse for sins. Tried and convicted by the DM.

Then came a story that showed him in a shockingly good way so they reported it.
Their use of the word "after" in the headliner is an attempt to slime their way out of their stand by intimating the story came after the accusations, perhaps trying to rehabilitate his image? Yet the article itself makes it clear this story predates their very own slime attack.

However, Andrew can do no right in the eyes of the DM so then comes this absurd article about Andrew's Apple watch being somehow connected to the bureaucratic royal retrenchment and we have forum members putting forth Andrew as the face of royal budget cuts, twirling his metaphorical moustache and checking his watch as he oversees the eviction of dismissed servants out into the street!

Give us a break, the DM is quite bad enough without our own members getting carried away.

Andrew may not alway make wise choices, but that does not mean he is evil, and he certainly hasn't "brought shame on the BRF". That was the DM and it's cohorts, ably assisted by those who have spent decades denouncing the York family for every real or imagined sin.

Unlike Mr Dershowitz, it is a given that Andrew will not be suing the DM et al for defamation and libel. Shame that!

Prince Andrew was in Papua New Guinea over the weekend, representing the Queen at the opening of the Pacific Games.

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork Jul 4
#PacificGames gets underway I wish everyone 2 successful weeks of sport. good luck to all the competitors. Congratulations Port Moresby. AY

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork Jul 4
Congratulations Port Moresby on a spectacular opening ceremony for the #PacificGames. Brilliant start to the 2 weeks of sport coming up. AY

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork Jul 5
The Duke of York presents medals on the 1st day of #PacificGames2015.
Image One ** Image Two

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 21h21 hours ago
The Duke of York presents medals and congratulates Weightlifters @PORTMORESBY2015
Image One ** Image Two ** Image Three ** Image Four

The Duke of York was installed as the new chancellor of Huddersfield University yesterday; and he gave the Vulcan salute as a farewell to the outgoing chancellor, Sir Patrick Stewart! Prince Andrew gives Vulcan salute to Patrick Stewart at university ceremony | UK news | The Guardian

I noticed on Twitter that there was a birthday party for Sir Patrick Stewart yesterday as well, and Sarah and Andrew were both there. Sarah was also at Huddersfield College a few weeks ago, choosing designs for Andrew and Sarah's charity, Key to Freedom. They are both involved in the college.

:previous: This is great to see! It's a concrete way to improve these women's lives. :flowers:

It is no wonder that Beatrice's mouth is open so often (along with the wide open eyes), so many pictures of Andrew show him laughing with his mouth wide open .... very unattractive. I'm not really trying to be mean but it is interesting that HM has seemed to always be so aware of what she is doing (how she appears) and it doesn't seemed to have rubbed off on Andrew in the slightest.

It is no wonder that Beatrice's mouth is open so often (along with the wide open eyes), so many pictures of Andrew show him laughing with his mouth wide open .... very unattractive. I'm not really trying to be mean but it is interesting that HM has seemed to always be so aware of what she is doing (how she appears) and it doesn't seemed to have rubbed off on Andrew in the slightest.
Of course, we only see the pictures that the papers and the paps want us to see. I'm sure that there are just as many, if not more, pictures taken where they look as decorous as can be. It's just that the papers, especially the Daily Fail, have it in for the Yorks and publish the most unflattering pictures they can find.:flowers:

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 17h17 hours ago
The Duke of York will represent The Queen on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Independence of Singapore on 9 August.

Not just their 'National Day' but the 50th anniversary of their independence from the Malay Confederation.

Today's DM has an item about Andrew and Eugenie on a plane to Aberdeen, bound for Balmoral and grouse-shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom