The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2019, 01:31 PM
Administrator

The Duke of York opened Montcrest school's new Thomson building in Ontario today, May 28:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And he visited Ryerson DMZ to meet entrepreneurs:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Old 05-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 27th May:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York, Founder, this afternoon held Pitch@Palace Canada 1.0 Bootcamp at BMO Institute for Learning, Pharmacy Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.

His Royal Highness this evening attended an Innovation Dinner at BMO Downtown, First Canadian Place, King Street West, Toronto, Ontario.

Old 05-30-2019, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 28th May:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York today carried out the following engagements in Toronto, Canada.

His Royal Highness this morning opened the Thompson Building at Montcrest School, 658 Broadview Avenue.

The Duke of York later visited the DMZ business incubator at Ryerson University, 341 Yonge Street.

His Royal Highness, Founder, this evening held Pitch@Palace Canada 1.0 at the Art Gallery of Ontario, 317 Dundas Street West.

The Duke of York later departed from Toronto Pearson International Airport for the United Kingdom.

Court Circular 29th May:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York this morning arrived at Farnborough Airport, Hampshire, from Canada.
Mrs Amanda Thirsk and Lieutenant Commander Alex Davies were in attendance.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 30th May:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were represented by The Duke of York at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Duchess of Abercorn which was held in the Cathedral Church of St. Anne, Belfast, this afternoon.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I was just reading about "Golfcourse Diplomacy" in the DM.

It mentions Andrew is "qualified to a professional level" at golf. Which led me to wonder do we know his handicap?

And what does it mean to be "qualified to a professional level?" Here in the US it refers to several things - being a pro at a course in charge of the facility and lessons there OR having competed at a professional tournament (one with professional prize money). Being a playing pro requires qualifying for your pro card and I've oversimplified it. But one thing is sure, devoted golfers are not pros. In fact the golf industry survives because of the overwhelming numbers of amateurs that play and watch it.

I'd never heard that Andrew gave lessons at his home course or that he had competed as a professional. Anyone know?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Majesty

I don't know his handicap but Andrew does play a lot of golf, he always has.

He most certainly is the family's go to golfer.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

It mentions Andrew is "qualified to a professional level" at golf. Which led me to wonder do we know his handicap?
I think it only means he plays a good enough game of gold that he would be able to be competitive with a group who play golf for a living.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 1st June:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York, Colonel, Grenadier Guards, this morning took the salute at the Colonel’s Review of The Queen’s Birthday Parade on Horse Guards Parade, London SW1.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Reception at Grenadier Guards Headquarters, Wellington Barracks, Birdcage Walk, London SW1.

https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...07099022749696
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...33062875598848
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...17473100992512
https://twitter.com/the5Guards/statu...99708847779840
Old 06-03-2019, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 3rd June:
Buckingham Palace

The President of the United States of America and Mrs Trump this afternoon drove to Westminster Abbey where, having been received by The Duke of York, The President laid a wreath at the Grave of the Unknown Warrior.

The Queen gave a State Banquet this evening in honour of The President of the United States of America and Mr Trump at which The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy were present.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 7th June:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of York, Colonel, Grenadier Guards, this afternoon gave a Luncheon at Buckingham Palace for the Grenadier Guards Ensigns who have carried The Queen's Colour at The Queen's Birthday Parade.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 7th June:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York this morning received Sir Ian Blatchford (Director, Science Museum Group).

His Royal Highness, Colonel, Grenadier Guards, this evening attended the Senior Colonels' Conference and Dinner at Clarence House.

Court Circular 8th June:
Buckingham Palace

Her Majesty was present at The Queen's Birthday Parade on Horse Guards Parade this morning at which The Queen's Colour of 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards was Trooped.
The Queen was accompanied by The Duke of Kent (Colonel, Scots Guards), The Prince of Wales (Colonel, Welsh Guards), The Duke of York (Colonel, Grenadier Guards), The Duke of Cambridge (Colonel, Irish Guards) and The Princess Royal (Gold Stick in Waiting and Colonel, The Blues and Royals, Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons).

Court Circular 10th June:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York this morning received Dr. Bandar Hajjar (President, Islamic Development Bank).

His Royal Highness, Fellow, the Royal Society, this afternoon received Sir Richard Sykes (Chairman, the Royal Institution of Great Britain) and Dr. Shaun Fitzgerald (Director).

The Duke of York, Fellow, the Royal Society, afterwards held a Reception at St. James's Palace for University Research, Dorothy Hodgkin and Sir Henry Dale Fellows and Future Leaders in Africa Independent Researchers.

His Royal Highness, Patron, subsequently held a Meeting on the World China Entrepreneurs Convention.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York attended Pitch@Palace 11.0 at St James's Palace today, June 12:

** Pic ** dm article **
Old 06-13-2019, 04:05 AM
Courtier

The Duke of York has made a public, political comment about Brexit, which he isn't supposed to do so there are some ruffled feathers this morning:
https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-12/...rexit-britain/
Old 06-13-2019, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Whilst I don’t think he should have said anything about the topic. I agree with him, entrepreneurs are at a stage where they can adjust to changing circumstances. Existing businesses cannot.

I don’t see this as any different to William bringing up the subject in Cumbria on Tuesday.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duke of York attended Pitch@Palace 11.0 at St James's Palace today, June 12:

** Pic ** dm article **
Interestingly this event is not in the Court Circular. According to the CC Andrew had no engagements on the 12th.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Whilst I don’t think he should have said anything about the topic. I agree with him, entrepreneurs are at a stage where they can adjust to changing circumstances. Existing businesses cannot.

I don’t see this as any different to William bringing up the subject in Cumbria on Tuesday.
I thought William only asked farmers about it rather than giving an opinion of his own.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Interestingly this event is not in the Court Circular. According to the CC Andrew had no engagements on the 12th.
I think the CC is missing events, because Sophie’s trip to Lebanon isn’t mentioned either. I expect there will be additions made today.

Court Circular 11th June:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York this afternoon received the Lord O’Neill of Gatley (Chairman, Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs).

His Royal Highness, Patron, Science and Technology Facilities Council Harwell and Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus, this evening held a Dinner at St James’s Palace.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I think the CC is missing events, because Sophie’s trip to Lebanon isn’t mentioned either. I expect there will be additions made today.
I hope so.

I had also noticed that Sophie didn't have any engagements in Lebanon listed for the 12th after arriving on the 11th.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

And here it is:

Court Circular 12th June:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York, Founder, Pitch@Palace, this afternoon held a Pitch@Palace11.0 at St. James's Palace for entrepreneurs and supporters.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...10069389701120
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...67419903156225

Court Circular 13th June:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of York today received Professor David Gann (Chairman, United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority).

His Royal Highness, Honorary Patron, British-Kazakh Society, this afternoon received Mr. Rupert Goodman (Chairman) and the Lord Astor of Hever (Chairman's Advisory Group).
Old 06-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interesting that it is on the British Monarchy website version but not on The Royal Record version. It is the same with Sophie and the first day in Lebanon - on one site but not both.