The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2017, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, March 29, the Duke of York attended the 50th anniversary of the York Minster Fund in York and visited Tadcaster to see how the town has been recovering from the floods of Christmas 2015 (pics 1-4):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** yorkminster: HRH The Duke of York attends service ** rex gallery **

Old 04-01-2017, 06:20 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York was seen leaving the Park Chinois restaurant in Mayfair yesterday evening, March 31:

** gettyimages gallery **

Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Administrator

On April 10 the Duke of York opened The Duke of York Factory 2050 at Sheffield Business Park:

** thestar: Prince Andrew officially opens £42m Sheffield University research building Factory2050 **

** sheffield.ac.uk: HRH Duke of York opens the University of Sheffield’s Factory 2050 **
Old 04-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

VIDEO: HRH The Duke of York takes the salute at BRNC as officer cadets pass out

| News | Dartmouth Chronicle
Old 04-18-2017, 12:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Just imagine it was true - Meghan who??? There is a more famous girl in town
Kylie Minogue has been 'quietly dating'*Prince Andrew | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-18-2017, 01:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

And 'Kylie is someone that Her Majesty would welcome into the royal family with open arms. Everyone's hoping this romance goes the distance,' an insider allegedly told the magazine.

This is just so ridiculously stupid that I actually find it funny.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:31 AM
Serene Highness

I'm almost tempted to lift my Daily Mail ban to click on this amusing article, but alas I won't.

It would be funny, though. Both Andrew and Prince Albert of Monaco were romantically linked to both Angie Everhart and Catherine Oxenberg. If this latest claim has merit they will also both now be linked to Kylie. A trifecta!
Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ha ha that would be so much fun I am laughing just thinking about it
Old 04-19-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Meet The Royal Family's Tech Kingmaker

Quote:
"So what do you do?"

Queen Elizabeth II was looking up at Michael Rolph, a 35-year-old software nerd, who stood in a line of entrepreneurs in one of the state rooms of St. James's Palace.

The queen's second son, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, who perhaps had the most at stake in the conversation, stood nearby listening.

Nervously, Rolph replied that he ran a mobile app startup called Yoyo Wallet. And what, the queen asked, did Rolph think of the duke's big new project, the one where startups like Yoyo came to the palace to pitch their ideas to some of the most powerful business leaders and investors in the country?

Rolph explained that two years earlier, the duke's program had connected him to one of Britain's top coffee chains, and on this December day they were announcing a partnership.

"What took you so long?" the queen quipped.
Read more:https://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyol.../#4d78446915eb
Old 04-19-2017, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Thank you for posting this Rudolph. I just read this.

It's nice to see Andrew getting some positive publicity for once.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Just imagine it was true - Meghan who??? There is a more famous girl in town
Kylie Minogue has been 'quietly dating'*Prince Andrew | Daily Mail Online
My favorite tidbit was 'all eyes will be on Pippa Middleton's wedding to see if Kylie is on Prince Andrew's arm.'
Um, no, just no, on so many levels.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
At least they'll have a lead in to the day after Pippa's wedding article. "Andrew snubs Pippa's Nuptials" or something similar.

Wonder how many pints of ale it took to come up with that story? If the photographers were to leave the Daily Fail, it'd put a lot of readers out of their misery as the publication would soon bite the dust.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Was Prince Andrew actually linked with Catherine Oxenberg? I know that she claimed that he practically proposed to her the night of Charles' and Diana's wedding ball, but I've never heard it confirmed that they had any kind of relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm almost tempted to lift my Daily Mail ban to click on this amusing article, but alas I won't.

It would be funny, though. Both Andrew and Prince Albert of Monaco were romantically linked to both Angie Everhart and Catherine Oxenberg. If this latest claim has merit they will also both now be linked to Kylie. A trifecta!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Was Prince Andrew actually linked with Catherine Oxenberg? I know that she claimed that he practically proposed to her the night of Charles' and Diana's wedding ball, but I've never heard it confirmed that they had any kind of relationship.
She said that when she was 18, she and Andrew were in a courtship, and that he was always sending her roses. She said he proposed but she turned him down for two reasons 1. She was too young to marry 2. She wanted to be an actress and she wasn't willing to give that up.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:09 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York attended an Anzac Day dawn service and laid a wreath at the New Zealand War Memorial at Hyde Park Corner in London today, April 25.

The annual event marks the anniversary of Australia and New Zealand first seeing military action during the First World War.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

** telegraph: Dawn services held across the world for Anzac Day **

** dailymail: In pictures: Anzac Day services commemorate fallen military personnel **
Old 04-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

This role used to be done by the Duke of Kent. I wonder if it is one Andrew is going to take up all the time now as the only royal in his generation who actually saw service in a war zone (I know Charles served but not in a war zone).

It may even be that he will take over from the Duke of Kent, in time, with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quite possible. Though Tim Lawrence is vice chairman already. We often see him at these as well. But I guess since he doesn't get much recognition as he is married to a princess, they may replace the Duke of Kent with an official royal patron.

There is a difference between training, serving and actually being in an active zone. Like his father, though Willoam served in the RAF, he was stationed at home doing search and rescue. For obvious safety reasons for sure. Not saying their service is any less important, it isn't, simply different.

Both kents served in Hong Kong and Cyprus in peace keeping. Of the younger generation Andrew in the Falklahds. Tim has served on many NATO ships and was involved in gun patrol boats in Northern Ireland. The Earl of Ulster served in military intelligence in Kosovo and Iraq. Harry of course in Afghanistan.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:30 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York hosted the Pitch At Palace 7.0 final at St James's Palace yesterday, April 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 04-30-2017, 03:10 AM
Administrator

On April 27 the Duke of York attended the Press Club Awards in London. The Londoner of the Year award went to Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of York accepted on her behalf and used the opportunity to take a stand for press freedom:

** dailymail: Prince Andrew speaks up for press freedom and urges newspapers: Keep doing what you do **
Old 05-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Article from the Daily Mail about The Duke of York and his future role alongside HM. There's rehashing of sensationalist stuff, of course. We know enough here to take DM article with a grain of salt, but I thought that it was an interesting article.

Will Prince Andrew be the Queen's new Plus One? | Daily Mail Online