Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: Feb 2015 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my thoughts exactly. I believe that the Queen is very conscious of costs.

That was my understanding too, Osipi. The Queen approves each and every use of the helicopter. So if she thinks the use is warranted......who is anyone to complain?

Yes indeed, permission is required from the Queen whenever the royal helicopter is required for use. This was shown in a documentary about the Queen a few years or so ago, when it was required by the Duke of Gloucester - the equerry explained the circumstances as to why the helicopter was required and she gave her approval for its use. It will surely have been he same for the Duke of York.

More details about royal transportation can be discussed here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/royal-transportation-land-sea-air-25409.html

On March 20 the Duke of York hosted a reception to mark the 5th anniversary of Advertising Week Europe at St. James's Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

Students from Prince Andrew High are off to Buckingham Palace for a once-in-a-lifetime meeting with their school’s namesake next month.

Teacher John Stewart said that students will already visit London as part of a 10-day trip to France and Britain taking in Canada’s First and Second World War history, including a visit to Vimy Ridge on the battle’s 100th anniversary, as well as a trip to the D-Day landing grounds in Normandy.

Almost on a whim, Stewart and his fellow teacher Ron Stewart (no relation) wrote a letter and then fired off an email to Prince Andrew’s office in London. Their message to the prince was simple.

“We’re both going to be in London. Let’s do lunch,” said Stewart.

Their perseverance paid off. Prince Andrew’s staff wrote back saying the prince would be in London during their visit. The students were also invited to a tour of Buckingham Palace if they arrived early enough.

“After the Vimy ceremony itself, which is the purpose of the trip, this is the most exciting part,” said Stewart.
Read more: Prince Andrew High students set to meet royal namesake | The Chronicle Herald

:previous: And 'Kylie is someone that Her Majesty would welcome into the royal family with open arms. Everyone's hoping this romance goes the distance,' an insider allegedly told the magazine.

This is just so ridiculously stupid that I actually find it funny.

I'm almost tempted to lift my Daily Mail ban to click on this amusing article, but alas I won't.

It would be funny, though. Both Andrew and Prince Albert of Monaco were romantically linked to both Angie Everhart and Catherine Oxenberg. If this latest claim has merit they will also both now be linked to Kylie. A trifecta!

Meet The Royal Family's Tech Kingmaker

"So what do you do?"

Queen Elizabeth II was looking up at Michael Rolph, a 35-year-old software nerd, who stood in a line of entrepreneurs in one of the state rooms of St. James's Palace.

The queen's second son, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, who perhaps had the most at stake in the conversation, stood nearby listening.

Nervously, Rolph replied that he ran a mobile app startup called Yoyo Wallet. And what, the queen asked, did Rolph think of the duke's big new project, the one where startups like Yoyo came to the palace to pitch their ideas to some of the most powerful business leaders and investors in the country?

Rolph explained that two years earlier, the duke's program had connected him to one of Britain's top coffee chains, and on this December day they were announcing a partnership.

"What took you so long?" the queen quipped.
Read more:https://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2017/04/18/prince-andrew-tech-startups-royal-family/#4d78446915eb

Thank you for posting this Rudolph. I just read this.

It's nice to see Andrew getting some positive publicity for once.

:previous: At least they'll have a lead in to the day after Pippa's wedding article. "Andrew snubs Pippa's Nuptials" or something similar.

Wonder how many pints of ale it took to come up with that story? If the photographers were to leave the Daily Fail, it'd put a lot of readers out of their misery as the publication would soon bite the dust.

Was Prince Andrew actually linked with Catherine Oxenberg? I know that she claimed that he practically proposed to her the night of Charles' and Diana's wedding ball, but I've never heard it confirmed that they had any kind of relationship.

I'm almost tempted to lift my Daily Mail ban to click on this amusing article, but alas I won't.

It would be funny, though. Both Andrew and Prince Albert of Monaco were romantically linked to both Angie Everhart and Catherine Oxenberg. If this latest claim has merit they will also both now be linked to Kylie. A trifecta!

Was Prince Andrew actually linked with Catherine Oxenberg? I know that she claimed that he practically proposed to her the night of Charles' and Diana's wedding ball, but I've never heard it confirmed that they had any kind of relationship.

She said that when she was 18, she and Andrew were in a courtship, and that he was always sending her roses. She said he proposed but she turned him down for two reasons 1. She was too young to marry 2. She wanted to be an actress and she wasn't willing to give that up.

This role used to be done by the Duke of Kent. I wonder if it is one Andrew is going to take up all the time now as the only royal in his generation who actually saw service in a war zone (I know Charles served but not in a war zone).

It may even be that he will take over from the Duke of Kent, in time, with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.

Quite possible. Though Tim Lawrence is vice chairman already. We often see him at these as well. But I guess since he doesn't get much recognition as he is married to a princess, they may replace the Duke of Kent with an official royal patron.

There is a difference between training, serving and actually being in an active zone. Like his father, though Willoam served in the RAF, he was stationed at home doing search and rescue. For obvious safety reasons for sure. Not saying their service is any less important, it isn't, simply different.

Both kents served in Hong Kong and Cyprus in peace keeping. Of the younger generation Andrew in the Falklahds. Tim has served on many NATO ships and was involved in gun patrol boats in Northern Ireland. The Earl of Ulster served in military intelligence in Kosovo and Iraq. Harry of course in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

The Duke of York hosted the Pitch At Palace 7.0 final at St James's Palace yesterday, April 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I really think the DM is just using it as an excuse to reignite the Charles v Andrew fight again.
The BBC's Nick Whitchell said it was more likely Charles and Anne will be seen with the Queen in future

:previous: That could very well be. They've chosen a story line and are sticking to it: Good prince/Bad prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom