The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2016, 06:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The CEO of Republic says on Twitter that he has "reported Prince Andrew to the police for criminal damage."

I'm sure the police will take this report very seriously. Someone reporting a minor property crime based on reading about it in an anonymously-sourced newspaper article is serious business, up there with the Lindbergh Baby.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

https://republic.org.uk/what-we-do/n...riminal-damage

Old 03-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Did he commit this heinous crime? For me, the jury is still out . . . the Daily Fail is the only source so far and I don't know about you all, but I need a little more evidence.

I have posted this earlier
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...e_btn_tw#img-1

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-17-2016, 07:46 AM
Moderator Emeritus

"I expect the police to deal with this matter just as they would if the suspect were another other person."

Is this really the standard Republic wants? I can't imagine the police would take it very seriously at all if someone reported that they read in the newspaper that someone unnamed said that some unknown person rammed a gate with a car. Fourth-hand reports of minor property crimes are surely not urgent police business.

Maybe somewhere there was some crime committed, but this is a bizarre way of getting a prosecution.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Can't believe how people think this is acceptable behavior from ANYONE. My goodness very different values.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
not honorary positions.
In truth the Prince of Wales had an active career in the Royal Navy.. He Commanded the Minehunter HMS Bonington.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

It is alleged - that's all we know.

But lets imagine its true - is it not possible that he contacted Crown Estates, told them what happened and is sorting it out directly? No need to involve the police at all. Civil matter, not criminal.

I wonder how much the park worker was paid by the newspaper?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 7: February 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It is alleged - that's all we know.

But lets imagine its true - is it not possible that he contacted Crown Estates, told them what happened and is sorting it out directly? No need to involve the police at all. Civil matter, not criminal.

I wonder how much the park worker was paid by the newspaper?

Cepe I think that last sentence is uncalled for. Andrew does the wrong thing but you question the park worker ?

Old 03-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

In any case, this made me laugh so hard. From the DM article, as if BP had just tweeted an announcement: "Yesterday it emerged, that despite his blunders, Prince Andrew is the Queen's favourite son."

There is just sooooooo much bad journalism in the world.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

I believe at some point the queen said... she had Charles for the country, Anne was for Philip and Andrew was for her

Really? I have a hard time swallowing this. The Queen does not ever speak so bluntly about family relations or private matters in general. Or if she does it would never be aired outside her closest circle. And what mother in her right mind forgets to mention a kid?
Old 03-17-2016, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

If the police would investigate John Q. Public based on the facts presented, as they are presented, of course Andrew must be treated in the same manner.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Just announced. The police won't be investigating Prince Andrew via BBC
Old 03-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...P=share_btn_tw

A spokeswoman said: “An alleged criminal damage was reported this morning. But the caller had no details of the alleged incident other than it was in Windsor on Sunday. The caller was advised that a person involved in the alleged incident or someone acting on their behalf would need to report this. Police are not normally contacted for damage-only road traffic collisions and we can’t see anything on the log about this.”
Old 03-17-2016, 10:21 AM
Courtier

What an awful lot of armchair judges we have here.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
What an awful lot of armchair judges we have here.
Here! Here!
Old 03-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=royal rob;1872490]Cepe I think that last sentence is uncalled for. Andrew does the wrong thing but you question the park worker ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community[/QUOTE

Yes I do.

This has been a classic case of mischief making and it's obvious by the emphasis every paper has given o the word "allegedly". And we know that someone went to a tabloid, and we don't know that Andrew did it deliberately.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-17-2016, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Police won't investigate Prince Andrew over alleged gate ramming | UK news | The Guardian

A spokeswoman said: “An alleged criminal damage was reported this morning. But the caller had no details of the alleged incident other than it was in Windsor on Sunday. The caller was advised that a person involved in the alleged incident or someone acting on their behalf would need to report this. Police are not normally contacted for damage-only road traffic collisions and we can’t see anything on the log about this.”
Police time wasted then.

It is no surprise if this is the police response - anyone could phone up and report a broken window, say, somewhere they'd never been to, didn't witnessed and that they only heard about third hand.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I believe at some point the queen said... she had Charles for the country, Anne was for Philip and Andrew was for her

Really? I have a hard time swallowing this. The Queen does not ever speak so bluntly about family relations or private matters in general. Or if she does it would never be aired outside her closest circle. And what mother in her right mind forgets to mention a kid?

I believe that this comment was made shortly after Andrew's birth and so before she had Edward - she didn't 'forget' as she hadn't had Edward at the time that I believe she did make this comment. I also seem to remember that the comment was 'I feel like I had Charles for the country and Anne for Philip so does that mean Andrew is for me'.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

All the same, that doesn't sound like something the Queen would say to others.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Did he commit this heinous crime? For me, the jury is still out . . . the Daily Fail is the only source so far and I don't know about you all, but I need a little more evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well, I read both articles and both cite an anonymous park worker"s story to The Sun. So, the source is actually The Sun. Wow, that's nailed Andrew, not! Seems to me it's just another hatchet job on Andrew and getting the snide "Toad of Toad Hall" analogy into the public domain. Oh, that and whipping up the usual "York Haters", and very successfully too.