The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2016, 02:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Andrew abandons trip to Sevenoaks School 'due to adverse weather' | Sevenoaks Chronicle

Old 03-04-2016, 02:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Taxpayers fund Prince Andrew's £6,000 helicopter jaunt | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-04-2016, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Here's more information about one of the mentioned school visits,

on March 1st the Duke of York visited City Academy Whitehawk, Brighton:

** theargus.co.uk: Prince Andrew promises "I'll be back" on a visit to improved Whitehawk school **

** brightonandhovenews.org: Prince Andrew tells Whitehawk school children ‘I’ll be back!’ **

Old 03-16-2016, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tour-home.html
This can't be true can it ? Really would anyone be soo stupid? must be a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-16-2016, 07:45 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sheesh... I hope its not true. If so, he's an idiot and should be made to pay for any repairs out of his own pocket.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

I can't imagine he would risk damaging his car if he "rammed" the gates - more likely nudged them open if that was a all possible. Would he really compromise security by rendering the gates unusable?
Old 03-16-2016, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

Would he really think I can do this I'm Prince Andrew ? Yep I think he would. If they were locked it would take more than a nudge to open them.

But I'm sure he will wiggle his way out of this. It will be someone else's fault etc etc.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I can imagine Andrew doing that in order to not inconvenience himself. 'Toad of Toad Hall' indeed!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I can't imagine he would risk damaging his car if he "rammed" the gates - more likely nudged them open if that was a all possible. Would he really compromise security by rendering the gates unusable?
But even if you nudge at a gate with your car, you can cause thousands in damage - someone once knocked her door into my car in a parking lot and the damage was extraordinary for what seemed to be a minor bang (thanks heavens all on her).
Old 03-16-2016, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Can you not? I can. Not only can I imagine it, but I cannot say I'm surprised.
Remember this is Andrew of the debacle w/ security not recognizing him @ BP fame. Of I don't care if Epstein is a convicted pedophile I'll hang with him anyway fame. Of being so rude and crude at a public meeting the American ambassador's cable criticizing him was wikileaked fame, etc.
I would choose to drive a mile to not have to pay for damage to my cheap Prius car and a cheapo gate to my 'grounds,' but I've had to work for my money and thus value it.
Andrew has never had to earn his money plus he's been enabled by his adoring mother, thus it's hardly surprising that when confronted with a gate glitch (sensor didn't recognize his car) he reacted like an angry toddler and rammed through the gate. After all either mommy will pay for the car and gate or it's a drop in the bucket financially to him. I think we can agree that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so he probably has no idea of how much car repairs and gate repairs cost.
I don't think it was a security gate, they described it as a deer gate - so I assume it's to keep deer in or out of some area, and even if it were a security gate, I doubt that it crossed Andrew's little ego inflated brain that his impatience could endanger his own security - it's up to the flunkies to fix that, not him, who cares that he just made everybody else's job harder.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...e_btn_tw#img-1

Old 03-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do
I have another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-da-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me
Who do you blame when your kid is a brat?
Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat
Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame
You know exactly who's to blame

The mother and the father

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-da
If you're not spoiled, then you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do

Old 03-16-2016, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

It's always been said that Andrew is the Queen's favourite child. There were probably all sorts of reasons for this including his service in the Falklands which she regarded as admirable. Therefore Andrew's always been given a lot of leeway by his mother, resulting in rude, selfish and boorish behaviour all his life. I have to say, I can't imagine Prince Philip being so indulgent a parent though.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Can you not? I can. Not only can I imagine it, but I cannot say I'm surprised.
Remember this is Andrew of the debacle w/ security not recognizing him @ BP fame. Of I don't care if Epstein is a convicted pedophile I'll hang with him anyway fame. Of being so rude and crude at a public meeting the American ambassador's cable criticizing him was wikileaked fame, etc.
I would choose to drive a mile to not have to pay for damage to my cheap Prius car and a cheapo gate to my 'grounds,' but I've had to work for my money and thus value it.
Andrew has never had to earn his money plus he's been enabled by his adoring mother, thus it's hardly surprising that when confronted with a gate glitch (sensor didn't recognize his car) he reacted like an angry toddler and rammed through the gate. After all either mommy will pay for the car and gate or it's a drop in the bucket financially to him. I think we can agree that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so he probably has no idea of how much car repairs and gate repairs cost.
I don't think it was a security gate, they described it as a deer gate - so I assume it's to keep deer in or out of some area, and even if it were a security gate, I doubt that it crossed Andrew's little ego inflated brain that his impatience could endanger his own security - it's up to the flunkies to fix that, not him, who cares that he just made everybody else's job harder.

I have the same impression of Andrew as childish and entitled.

As you say, he won't have to pick up the tab so why should he have to go the extra mile?

(But I think he may have a rude awakening once the Queen is gone and Charles is in charge).
Old 03-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Courtier

I can see Andrew doing this. He has such a bad reputation being boorish and rude he wouldn't care.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It's always been said that Andrew is the Queen's favourite child. There were probably all sorts of reasons for this including his service in the Falklands which she regarded as admirable. Therefore Andrew's always been given a lot of leeway by his mother, resulting in rude, selfish and boorish behaviour all his life. I have to say, I can't imagine Prince Philip being so indulgent a parent though.

Now that you mention it, we know Ann is his favorite, his relationship with Charles is complex and I have seen Quotes of him putting down Edward but What is Phillips relationship with his 2nd son? I have never really seen it discussed.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am vaguely aware of reports that of all his sons, Phillip tolerated Andrew the most, as he was a "man's man" and all that. As was mentioned, he did serve in the Falklands War, and that is just the type of son Phillip would have wanted to raise.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Probably a main cause of contention between them has always been Fergie. Philip can't stand her of course, and I doubt if he understands the bond between his son and ex daughter in law. I don't think that it's poisoned relations between father and son but it's a sore point still, I suppose.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I believe at some point the queen said... she had Charles for the country, Anne was for Philip and Andrew was for her. I guess Edward was an after thought??

Until his marriage, and actually Fergie was popular in the early days. Andrew was likely the ideal son for Philip. Unlike Charles, he thrived at Gordonstown and then he went on for an actual naval career like his dad, not honorary positions. He served in the Falklands and has been active ever since. The one redeeming quality of his last few decades IMO, through all the scandals, has been his work in the navy/military including here in Canada.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Majesty

Did he commit this heinous crime? For me, the jury is still out . . . the Daily Fail is the only source so far and I don't know about you all, but I need a little more evidence.