Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask myself: How long will people go on pillorying this woman?
We know she did some really stupid things, and I feel she has been listening for far too long and far too often to some apparently very bad advice.

I wouldn't blame Andrew for sticking with her. I just hope someone somewhere will cut her some slack - and her daughters!

There is a world of difference between "pillorying" and being held accountable. Sarah is being held accountable and it makes her and her devoted followers quite squirmy.
Perhaps the world will stop remarking on her idiotic behaviour when she stops acting like an idiot. There seems to be no end in sight, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I'm not one to indulge in conspiracy theories, per se, I am at least well-informed enough in the ways of the world to query these longstanding, unrelenting attacks on Sarah.
I don't entertain most conspiracy theories either, I just think that there is a campaign against the royal family and especially the Yorks. It's not a secret and if it is, then it's an open one. You only have to look at the way most of the headlines about the Yorks are slanted, and the way the media persistently digs up information about every aspect of their lives. I accept that Sarah is to blame for everything she's done, yet at the same time, there are so many people who make mistakes and do unethical things, and we don't find out about it. The media chooses what we know about, and what we don't. I don't even know how to describe how selective the media is sometimes. The casual reader of newspaper headlines thinks they're getting a balanced glimpse of what goes on in the world, but it isn't that way at all. Certain stories are given very little attention while others receive in-depth coverage. The media chooses what to report on.
Surely, I'm not the only person, and in far-flung Australia at that, that's heard the growing rumours and quite nasty innuendoes about Prince Andrew's allegedly questionable personal friendships with recently-made Eastern European billionaires?
I also don't believe Andrew would ever willingly involve himself in anything corrupt. I do believe that he's just as capable as the next person of being deceived, or of being taken in by people who appear to be friends. And as for Sarah's morals: the one difference between Sarah and the other members of the royal family is, and always has been, that she gets caught.

I don't entertain most conspiracy theories either, I just think that there is a campaign against the royal family and especially the Yorks. It's not a secret and if it is, then it's an open one. You only have to look at the way most of the headlines about the Yorks are slanted, and the way the media persistently digs up information about every aspect of their lives.

They're royalty. Through an accident of birth they are, in many ways, public property and as such their problems are much more juicy than a normal person's. Just like with celebs. It's not a campaign it's how things are for those in the public eye.

Someone who tries to deceive royalty or pretends to be their friends is found out one way or another. You probably don't hear about this very often as I'm sure that the royal that was wronged probably doesn't want it to be public especially if it involved a business transaction or money.

My uncle restored antique furniture. I don't know if he was in an antique shop or if this was a client of his but this person showed him a desk that supposedly was from the 18th century. My uncle who had restored furniture from that time period noticed that something about it wasn't right. He told this person that the furniture wasn't 18th century. To make a long story short, the owner of this furniture had been lied to and had spent thousands of dollars to buy this future. It was a very good imitation. The owner never reported this to police because he was embarassed that he'd been ripped off. The man who sold it to him was long gone.

Umm, I don't know where this is going but we're meandering well off the track.
Could we please confine the discussion to the thread topic of "Options for Sarah" or, put another way, "Where to from here?"

thanks.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Well, Warren, and not to overly flog it and as I've previously indicated, the best option for Sarah is for the Family to clear her debts and then moving to ensure that she can't incur any more unsubstantiated ones.

There is royal precedence for this course, as I've indicated.

No matter what I think of Sarah (and I don't dislike her at all) it's the best thing possible, in my opinion, to protect the Family. I believe that I've made it perfectly clear why I think that this is necessary.

Thanks to all for the debate.

Soooooo.......let me get this straight.

Sarah, who threw herself under whatever man was around even when pregnant, is the moral equivalent of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother....

I apologise for again entering this discussion, but wherever did I suggest any of this?

My goodness!

No, NotAPretender, you most certainly haven't 'got it straight'. Well, not from anything which I've contributed to the discussion.

... the best option for Sarah is for the Family to clear her debts and then moving to ensure that she can't incur any more unsubstantiated ones.
There is royal precedence for this course, as I've indicated.
No matter what I think of Sarah (and I don't dislike her at all) it's the best thing possible, in my opinion, to protect the Family. I believe that I've made it perfectly clear why I think that this is necessary.
She's not a royal so there being royal precedence means nothing.
How would it protect the family? If she goes bankruptcy it means that she's had to deal with her problems like any normal person.
How exactly are they supposed to ensure she can't incur any more debts?

If order for her not to incur any more debts, Someone would have to be monitoring her spending.

That was really funny.

I'm still looking for that ole super secret conspiracy and more ways that the Royal Queen Mother was like the un-royal Sarah Ferguson to shore up the argument that there is some kinda precedence for bailing out - how does this article describe her - the "tart-with-a-heart." Still not finding much.

Sarah's best bet for getting out of this mess? Same as I said before: 1. Get psychiatric help. 2. Place herself under personal and financial guardianship (a real financial advisor this time, please.)

Like your solutions NotAPretender and you had them in the right order. Because without the psychiatric help, I don't believe that she would ever agree to the guardianship.

I hope that PA or the BRF don't pay off all her debt. IMO that is just being an enabler.

How Fergie plans to cash in on her disgrace | Mail Online

After three months of semi-dignified silence - apart from a grovelling appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show in America and eight foreign jaunts this summer - the Duchess has decided to catapult herself back into the limelight.

She knows this is risky because it could all come crashing down again if her financial advisers decide to put a stop to it all by recommending bankruptcy.

But for now, she is planning a series of interviews - each thought to be worth £75,000 - in which she will speak candidly about her self-inflicted humiliation when she was filmed shaking hands with the undercover reporter on a deal to accept half a million pounds for access to Andrew.

A series of interviews? Surely it'd only require one.
This could turn out very bad. Trying to sell the story doesn't show that she's learned anything just continued to try to make money however she can.

Well here we go again. .. .

What is there for Sarah to talk about except rehashing everything she's already stated?

The unfortunate thing is that, in today' world, there are so many outlets that someone will interview her and they will pay for it and it will get publicity. The mail can't stand the woman and yet they can't stop putting her face up.

It honestly comes down to, "No publicity is bad publicity." for Fergie. As long as her face is out there, she can keep milking something out of the world, there's a chance that something could happen to spring her forward. IT's her personality, she's addicted to attention, until the world stops looking, which it won't, even if it's only to slate her, she won't go away cause she can't deal with not being in the spotlight.

What I don't get is why doesn't she think she DOESN'T look utterly pathetic when she does this sort of thing???

What I don't get is why doesn't she think she DOESN'T look utterly pathetic when she does this sort of thing???

She lives in a dream world. She's literally living the fantasy life where her actions carry no permanent consequences and the three most important people in her life seem to either not see it or don't have the guts to tell her. Seems to me that as long as Andrew and the girls don't put a foot down Sarah will not change because they seem the only ones capable of bringing her out of it.

We hear you Russo, We hear you. At the moment I suppose she's between a rock and a hard place. While she's in debt, beggars can't be choosers. She literally can't afford not to give whatever offers are there some serious consideration. On top of that if she has a series of books due for release I'm sure the publishers would have her contracted to do a certain number of interviews to coincide with their release.
What's completely insane to me is her business debts. Why or Why would you wait until you are millions in debt before pluging the plug. Hartmoor should have been wound up when the debts were at a far more manageable figure. I read that Sarah was a 51% shareholder so it probably wasn't entirely her decision but it's unbelieable that no had a bit of sense.
She does like the spotlight but we'll have to wait and see. She hasn't spoken since Oprah so we don't really know her plans.
What we do know is that the Daily Mail and Sarah have a bit of history so I don't believe everything they say about her.

She lives in a dream world. She's literally living the fantasy life where her actions carry no permanent consequences and the three most important people in her life seem to either not see it or don't have the guts to tell her. Seems to me that as long as Andrew and the girls don't put a foot down Sarah will not change because they seem the only ones capable of bringing her out of it.

Oh well said, but which is it, I'd love to know.
They are all she's got, and all three do seem to be devoted to her, and I don't doubt that their feelings for her are genuine, so surely it must hurt them to see her reputation in pieces, and constantly living this roller coaster life. What makes it frustrating is, I actually think she would listen to them. She would do anything for the girls, and Andrew and herself have been through thick and thin, and despite everything there is something very strong and solid there.

The problem with Sarah is that spending money goes a lot faster than making money. I think we can all agree on that. Sarah wants money and she wants it yesterday so anything that appears to give her fast cash sounds good to her even if it means she lowers herself by giving interviews about her tape scandal. Most people when they have made an embarrassment of themselves, want to shy away from any reminders. I know I do and I haven't done anything in the range of Sarah's blunders and I'm sure other posters here are the same way, it's natural. Sarah is prepared to debase herself over and over just to obtain quick cash. She is, in a way, an exhibitionist in that she exposes her mistakes over and over again and doesn't move on from them as she did when she was younger.
I feel that if Sarah concentrated on writing, she could be very successful. She has a fascination about Queen Victoria and has put out one book about her. She could write books about not only Victoria, but her children and extended family. They could be novels as well as non-fiction.
Princess Michael of Kent is a noted author and Sarah could be the same.

Sarah Ferguson joins OWN network with 6-part series | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

In the six-part series, which is produced by World of Wonder and will premiere in early next year, viewers will watch as the Duchess of York struggles to rebuild her life with the help of some of experts (and familiar faces to Oprah fanatics): Dr. Phil McGraw, Suze Orman and Martha Beck, among others.

“The Duchess will open up about her recent public troubles and explore her lifelong battles with weight, relationships and finances,” said Lisa Erspamer, chief creative officer of OWN, in a press release. “She will look to put the past behind her and move forward to a positive future.”

I know this will earn Sarah some $$$, but I hate it that she has to take care of this publicly. Perhaps there is no other way for her. I find it very sad that she has to stoop to this level. Andrew took care of her British debts, bless his heart. Now, it's time for her to take care of her US debts and this might be the quickest way.

IMO the part where Sarah has to face Dr. Phil and discuss relationships could be very embarrassing. He is an expert at this and she could end up revealing a lot more than she intended.

I wonder what BP and PA think about this series...oh, to be a fly on the wall.

I have to admit my jaw hit the floor on this one. It will be a hit here, I can see it. :ermm:

Good for Sarah. I am so glad that she will have this opportunity!!! It will not be so easy for her but I can't wait to see the series.

Good for Sarah. I am so glad that she will have this opportunity!!! It will not be so easy for her but I can't wait to see the series.
I'll skip it. It's gonna be the same ole' same ole'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom