The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I would have thought that was what she needed to do - get a job that she can do (and there aren't many given her age and skills) and get her name out of the dirt again.
Oh yes she does need to get a job, but I don't think doing a talk show, especially in America is not the right way to go. Like I said she'd ruin it somehow and a lot of people would be on that talkshow, innocents who would in somewhere more than likely be hurt.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sarah would do this for money
Huh? It's a job offer. Sarah would get paid to do a job. Yes, Sarah would "do this for money". That's the whole idea. It's what people do.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Huh? It's a job offer. Sarah would get paid to do a job. Yes, Sarah would "do this for money". That's the whole idea. It's what people do.
Yes I know, but most people work years to get a well paid job in a profession that they love to work in. Like teaching or to become a politician. IMO Sarah would do like I said turn up to work, read the script, get her pay check and smile. Also she won't have got the job because she worked for her, she will have got it because of her added extra.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
..a lot of people would be on that talkshow, innocents who would in somewhere more than likely be hurt.
Oh please, can we tone down the melodrama. It's becoming absurd.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Let's get real people...if its a talk show most likely its going to be in America and Americans tend to forgive Fergie.

First we are blasting her for her debts and vacationing (rightly so) and now we are not happy because she might have a job to pay off her debts? What is she supposed to do? She is not going to make a lot of money (which she needs to do because she has a lot of debt doing a "regular" job.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Right. Which is why I am wondering what ELSE can she do if this gig doesn't pan out?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Oh yes she does need to get a job, but I don't think doing a talk show, especially in America is not the right way to go. Like I said she'd ruin it somehow and a lot of people would be on that talkshow, innocents who would in somewhere more than likely be hurt.
This might sound odd but when I first heard of Sarah doing a TV talk show here in the US, the first names that jumped into my mind were Paul Burrell and James Hewitt. It would definitely be a draw for anyone that wishes to publicize and make a dollar off their connections with the BRF. I'd hope Sarah would have more sense than that but you never know.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Nobility

OWN in Talks with Sarah Ferguson for Docu-series - 2010-07-26 18:16:35 | Broadcasting & Cable

The Official word seems to be that its a documentary series not a talk show that might be on the cards.

"We have had initial conversations with Sarah Ferguson about a docu-series, not a talk show, but there is nothing to announce at this time," said an OWN spokesperson.

The other names they have signed up are pretty impressive.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Sarah has a beautiful voice and is a born conversationalist so I think it woud suit her perfectly.This is as perfect job a for her as U will get- . I hope she gets it.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Let's get real people...if its a talk show most likely its going to be in America and Americans tend to forgive Fergie.
Not only do we tend to forgive Fergie, we tend to jus luv her to bits!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
O"We have had initial conversations with Sarah Ferguson about a docu-series, not a talk show, but there is nothing to announce at this time," said an OWN spokesperson.
Now this sounds very reasonable and productive. It would be a start but not a full time TV show as previously thought. It looks like Sarah would do one documentary along with quite a few other names.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

Hm, this docu-series sounds quite interesting, something that I might even check out if I had a TV. Sarah has actually been talking for a while about wanting to produce a documentary about famous women or do a TV series about Prince Albert...I`ve heard these ideas floated around for a while. Sarah is good at researching things she`s interested in (Albert and Victoria for example) and telling the story to others, so yes, I also think this could be a good job for her.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Sarah has a beautiful voice and is a born conversationalist so I think it woud suit her perfectly.This is as perfect job a for her as U will get- . I hope she gets it.
Sarah speaking at a united nations forum back in Feb.
At her best I think, very passionate and really makes you listen to her. Very impressive! A world apart from the desperate and beaten woman we see in the access video a few weeks later. Hard to believe. Hope she can get back to where she was.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Serene Highness

I absolutely agree--I posted those same videos here a few weeks ago to make the same point.

Sarah is a born communicator and a very visionary person. The downside of being a "communicator" and a visionary is that Sarah is sometimes all talk and dreams, and very little action...hence the broken promises, the living in the clouds and the mounting debts.

When I first saw the videos of her speaking at the UN, I also had to share them. When Sarah`s not talking about herself, she is a great public speaker. Not everyone has that gift--I recently saw some articles about how the reporters nearly died of boredom when Andrew spoke recently at some sort of golf awards event. Apparently the speech lasted forever, and at the end they still were none the wiser about what he was trying to say (and I believe it, because I`ve seen videos of Andrew`s speeches). On the other hand, when Sarah speaks like she does here at the UN, no one was falling asleep from boredom (look at their attentive faces) and I don`t think anyone missed the main message, either.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I just happened on an article about the Oprah proposal. Whether it's that or a documentary thing, I thing she'd be great on TV. As long as she's doing the interviewing, not being interviewed, she'll be fine. I think something along these lines is a great idea.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

If Sarah could be neutral while interviewing people and not interject herself into the discussion, she would do well.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Nobility

Prince Andrew to pay-off ex-wife Sarah Ferguson's £1.5m debts - The Daily Record

Don't know how true this is. If it is, Andrew has come through
for her again. Hope she appreciates him now.
If she wasn't so impulsive, she would be fine. I read once how somone turned up at ther mother's ranch in a second hand, very broken down looking car. She immediately bought him a new one, as you do.

I don't think Andrew will bail her out completely, I think he would kinda miss her around the Lodge at this stage.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I suppose PA could have used the proceeds from the sale of Sunninghill to pay them off and "write it off" as Sarah's portion of the sale. . .
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Nobility

Duchess of York's lavish lifestyle that drove her to the brink of ruin revealed | Mail Online

The extraordinary luxuries and lavish lifestyle that have left the Duchess of York on the brink of bankruptcy can be revealed for the first time as speculation mounts that Prince Andrew may help bail her out.

Sarah Ferguson, 50, would order staff to prepare vast ‘Henry VIII banquets’ for her and her daughters Beatrice and Eugenie every night, washing them down with vodka and pink champagne, it has been claimed.

Perhaps as a result of this extravagance the ex-wife of the Duke of York is said to owe £65,000 to a personal fitness instructor, although it is not known over what period this was built up.

The Duchess also ran up bills at businesses in the area around Royal Lodge – the Windsor home she shares with Prince Andrew – including a butcher, dry cleaners and car hire firm, a former employee said.

I'm not surprised some of her staff are turning on her, it must be hard seeing her waste money in this way and then see you are not geting paid that month.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
I'm not surprised some of her staff are turning on her, it must be hard seeing her waste money in this way and then see you are not geting paid that month.
I would imagine too that Sarah always thought that somehow things would work out and as many have said, she's a good talker.. communicator. When you find out that your employer is one step away from being a virtual bag lady and depending on others, you tend to look elsewhere to support yourself. Its my understanding that many of those in her employ hadn't been paid in "ages" and still stuck with her.

What needs to be done had to be done and was done. If you don't have a dime in your pocket, you sure can't afford a grand lifestyle. The days of the grandiose lifestyle of the Duchess of York are over. She'll have to do her own hair and dress herself and earn a living as Sarah Ferguson. I really don't think the Duchess of York will work for her much longer either in the UK or the US or anywhere.