The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

I think Sarah is a pretty damaged person. It's obvious she has very low self esteem and has pretty much sabotaged herself off and on during her life. Her life in the fishbowl has just made matters worse.

I hope she is able to sort herself out and find peace.

MM

Old 07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
How can you know whether she "has further to fall" ?
A person this much in denial of their own shortcomings has not reached rock bottom. The strange thing is that she's rather close her behavior during the Time interview revealed that its starting to get to her.

Denial is quite easy at first but when the facts begin to solidify, you have to push back down harder. It's not so easy anymore to smile and shake your head while calmly explaining to the person asking silly questions "what really happened". What you might've brushed off without issue before gets a curt response. What you respectfully but firmly explained away now gets visible aggression.

The media will smell blood. Not everyone is her buddy like Piers Morgan or within her benefactor's (Oprah's) circle of employees, softball and lightly prodding. She's going to avoid those hard question by getting as many weak interviews as possible but someone will attack and God help her if she tries it in Britain.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think the commentary to her from Phil McGraw was 'softball or lightly prodding'....Suzie Orman was pretty direct with her as well.

The media (and the people who buy the magazines that support them) need to be strung up in the public square.

It's out of control what the media do to people.

MM
Old 07-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestern Mom View Post
I don't think the commentary to her from Phil McGraw was 'softball or lightly prodding'....Suzie Orman was pretty direct with her as well.

The media (and the people who buy the magazines that support them) need to be strung up in the public square.

It's out of control what the media do to people.

MM
Given that they allowed her continued lies and rampant inconsistencies to go unchallenged...then yes, it was incredibly "softball." Essentially, the series was a six-hour commercial for her book.

As for her booksales, this is from my post on the Current Events thread:

Book sales as of July 9, 2011, indicate that Sarah's latest book is not in the NY Times top 35:

Best Sellers - The New York Times

And is currently #5,356 among the Amazon Bestsellers Rank

Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Books

So, I'm thinking that the option that Sarah has taken to recover from the Cash for Access scandal - a series with Oprah and a companion book - has not produced positive results.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

I don't see that they let her 'lies' go unchallenged.

She's admitted she's out of control and at bottom and trying to sort out her life. I don't think there's a problem with her trying to make money. If she's going to be independent at any point she's going to have to be able to support herself.

Instead of continually talking about her misdeeds people need to step back and let her get on with her life, hopefully she will get sorted out for the sake of herself and her girls.

MM
Old 07-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, Midwestern Mum ....
I think she just needs to step back a little and look at her life dispassionately.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Instead of continually talking about her misdeeds people need to step back and let her get on with her life, hopefully she will get sorted out for the sake of herself and her girls.

MM
I would gladly let Sarah go about her life were it productive, however Russo keeps hearing "Andrew and I are best pals" "Andrew and I are divorced to each other not from each other" etc. etc. IMO, She's not letting go.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Neither is he.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Neither is he.
Good point.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't see that they let her 'lies' go unchallenged.
I think we did not see the same program.

The numerous inconsistencies between her past stories and her current stories, and the yawning gap between her stated intent and actual actions, begged to be brought out. Frankly, they were stunning in their legion count.

It does her no good to be allowed to continue her lies without challenge. Outside of this program, an excellent point in case (just one of many!) is her flat-out denial in the Time video interview of the "suitcase of cash." Well, for heaven's sake: it was pictured! Videoed! Present! Does she genuinely believe that if she says "white" but the photographic evidence is "black," then merely repeating "white! white! white!" will change the evidence? If that's not an example of a lie, it's certainly deep delusion.

If she truly wishes to "get on with it," it's her burden to end the rug-sweeping of her prior actions and get to the root of the "why" of the self-sabotage, and to thus end the cycle. I don't believe any longer that she has any interest in doing so, which in and of itself makes a massive lie of both the series and the book.

She simply wants a paycheck without introspection, which quite frankly was how this paycheck was to be earned. Screaming "Mommy" then spending uncontrollably doesn't seem like much in the way of progress.

No recovery noted here.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Good point.
Exactly, Countess & Russo. The cycle will go on since nothing has changed with the principal players.

Case in point: This article from October 9, 1998.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1998-10-09/gossip/18087740_1_pamela-digby-churchill-hayward-harriman-broadway-producer-leland-hayward-35th-birthday-party/2

'Meanwhile, Ferguson just went to work as a British talk-show host for media titan Rupert Murdoch, whose tabloid reporters have hounded her for years.

"I have got to get myself a career; it's as simple as that," Ferguson said. "I have bills to pay." '

One might remember that during this period, 1996-1998, Sarah was in debt up to her eyeballs. So nothing has changed in the thirteen years from 1998 to 2011.

You'll note that in that article, she's waxing rhapsodic about Andrew as well. Her eternal "Plan B."

Duchess in Debt - Bills, Bills, Bills, The British Royals, Sarah Ferguson : People.com

In 1996, she was unable to live on $500K per year, either.

Nothing's changed. I expect that nothing will. She'll spend like a drunken sailor, live off Andrew, and whine that she doesn't get to go to Balmoral.

The only difference is that she'll be whining to a smaller audience, based on and evidenced by her book sales results.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Neither is he.
Exactly. He's not exactly moving on with his life without her. He's made it pretty clear she is still an important part of his life.

MM
Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Funny they placed that article next to the Pam Churchill one, NaP. IMO, Sarah could have learned alot from that Courtesean.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
yes, she died 7 million pounds in debt.
Then, how did she manage to bequeath much to anyone? Did the Queen pay off her mother's encumbrances so the will could be carried out? If so, that's awfully nice of her (and I can see how she'd be reluctant to chip in much more to the offspring who benefitted from the QM's legacy).
Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Funny they placed that article next to the Pam Churchill one, NaP. IMO, Sarah could have learned alot from that Courtesean.

I know! Wasn't that a kick? However, the commentary about Pam Churchill was not positive in that article, with one person saying that the depiction had been far too positive! LOL.

Sarah could learn a lot from the much-married, acquisitive Ms. Churchill. While they had a shared taste for the luxe life, Ms. Churchill did a far better job of maintaining not only appearances, but capital.

What was also fascinating about that article was that Sarah worked for the evil Murdoch Empire, which eventually brought about the Cash for Access scandal. Perhaps during her tenure, her colleagues learned enough about her predilictions to accurately select the correct ingredients for the fishing chum.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I think we did not see the same program.

The numerous inconsistencies between her past stories and her current stories, and the yawning gap between her stated intent and actual actions, begged to be brought out. Frankly, they were stunning in their legion count.

It does her no good to be allowed to continue her lies without challenge. Outside of this program, an excellent point in case (just one of many!) is her flat-out denial in the Time video interview of the "suitcase of cash." Well, for heaven's sake: it was pictured! Videoed! Present! Does she genuinely believe that if she says "white" but the photographic evidence is "black," then merely repeating "white! white! white!" will change the evidence? If that's not an example of a lie, it's certainly deep delusion.

If she truly wishes to "get on with it," it's her burden to end the rug-sweeping of her prior actions and get to the root of the "why" of the self-sabotage, and to thus end the cycle. I don't believe any longer that she has any interest in doing so, which in and of itself makes a massive lie of both the series and the book.

She simply wants a paycheck without introspection, which quite frankly was how this paycheck was to be earned. Screaming "Mommy" then spending uncontrollably doesn't seem like much in the way of progress.

No recovery noted here.
I agree. The various therapists/helpers are doing what they often do - which is try to establish rapport with the patient, but she seems them so sporadically (and apparently, only when she wants to), that no real therapy is done.

That doesn't surprise me. Sarah has set up a fake therapy scenario for reality television - in itself, something she needs to be called on, by someone, anyway (Suze Orman could do it - it's not a sound financial strategy).

I've been hopeful that Sarah would rise to the occasion and do enough work that someone would want to hire her afterwards (perhaps as a talk show host), but I'm beginning to think she will be a financial drain on her ex-husband and daughters for as long as she lives. They will have to be the ones to set limits for her - and the girls seem a long way from that. She's still their mum first and foremost.

Sigh.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Then, how did she manage to bequeath much to anyone? Did the Queen pay off her mother's encumbrances so the will could be carried out? If so, that's awfully nice of her (and I can see how she'd be reluctant to chip in much more to the offspring who benefitted from the QM's legacy).
She had debts of 7 million pounds but her personal assets (Castle of May, jewels, art, horses, investments etc) were far greater than the debts. She had also established trusts for the grandchildren and great grandchildren several years before her death (in order to avoid death duties).
She did live a grand Edwardian lifestyle and was never much concerned with the cost of living but nobody really begrudged her extravagances. There was a story I remember about her milliner making new hats for her one of which had some exotic feathers on it. He told her they were very expensive and recommended something cheaper. Her response was to ingore his cost cutting advise and say she would take 2 of the originals.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Good point.
Perhaps, but then he doesnt seem to base his whole life on a part of his life that officially ended a long time ago. Perhaps if he had married someone a few years after the divorce and there was a new HRH The Duchess of York in his life Sarah would have been forced to deal with it and move on as well.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

I just noticed that one can get a "personal message" from "The Duchess" by going to A Message From The Duchess - OWN TV (I think that's it; sorry not actually doing it). I suspect that this hit counter project results in some percentage to "The Duchess."

So her "milking of whatever's available" behavior, so enabled by Oprah & Crew is definitely supported by the show itself - something I no longer expect Sarah herself to notice. She seems to pay attention to what's right in front of her at the time, with little forethought about consequences - especially for her age. I'm almost the same age, and I do think it's something one learns (to think more about consequences), and we all start at different places. Many people are not cut out to be Royals in reality.

I'm at the point in the show where she is starting to give up on her intentions for the Canada trip - having not thought about the reality of the training. It's definitely a theme in her life.

Boy, would I hate having a reality show made about me and allowing Oprah to find "themes" in my life - I'd rather earn money a different way.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look, Andrew and Sarah are non-starters. He has the, offical leverage, from his family. She is an outsider. He loves her, I believe, she loves him. I will not explain this, as I have no idea why. It just is. None of these royal children, except Anne, does anything important to affirm their existence. Edward is a big nothing, Charles has his causes, which would fade if he had to make a living. Right organic farming. Works sometimes, very expensive, so regular people can afford produce. And he is not working the soil.