The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I highly doubt the Queen gives a crap. And although I do not think Sarah is that bad, she's an embarrassment but not dangerous, she is Andrew's problem not the Queen's.

I do think that the Queen cares - because of the damage Sarah is doing to three people that the Queen loves dearly - her favourite son and his daughters.

What the Queen may do about it is another matter but to say she doesn't care would be wrong as that would implying that she doesn't care about three of her descendents.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
This is probably true, but Sarah does have contacts. That's why I think she might be able to do some sort of PR work, like her sister does. She must know so many wealthy people.

To do PR work you have to have a positive PR image - Sarah doesn't.

Just because she has rich friends doesn't mean that they would want to actually employ her to do something for them - they are rich because they know how to manage their money and how to manage their own PR - that being said - no way would they want to put Sarah into a position within their company - that would simply be appalling PR for them.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Serene Highness

They're showing the first episode of her reality show again tonight, here. I have to say I'm a bit stunned by how child-like she is, and I do feel so sorry for her daughters. And I feel sorry for her, too.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Courtier

I don't see why the Queen should step in because it is never going to be enough for Sarah. She had millions at one stage but for some reason didn't think buying a house was a good idea? I don't get that she could owned a house but she wasn't smart enough to even do that. Yes, the Queen loves Andrew and the girls maybe enough not to step in and enable Sarah. How would the Queen decide on how much to give and when to stop? She already gets a payment from Andrew every year she lives in his house but she still has money problems. Sarah needs to realise she isn't wealthy and live accordingly problem is that Sarah just doesn't want too! I think she has further to fall yet she has made herself unemployable her bad judgement is well known so who is going to give her a job also I don't believe Sarah has the discipline to work. She seems to like to flitter from place to place doing what she wants and holidaying when she wants. It doesn't really fit in with her lifestyle. I think she will take the easy way out and continue to sponge of Andrew and the girls. I do think this will cause problems for the girls in the future especially with their partners!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Majesty

I agree, plus the question of who would work with her, let alone employ her. I'm just thinking of the total havoc she would cause in a workplace, because she seems not to be truthful and blames everything on other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
But for Sarah to go out and get a job would mean she is taking control and responsibility for her life and her future, and I think that is where her issues lay.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Courtier

Sarah, Duchess of York, should have taken the divorce settlement that was offered to her by HM QEII. Now entertain the thought, 'Hindsight is 20/20.' I always try to never give up on anybody. No, I do know the Duchess, but even if everybody gave up on her, I would not. She is worthy of a respectable life, but she has no idea how to begin to that for herself. She must feel 'lost' at this point in her life. She seems to have only her beloved daughters for companionship, and there is nothing wrong with that. For her to live 'ashamed, lonely, and poor' should not expected of her.
She is in definite need of proper guidance to aid her in making reasonable goals for herself. To begin the process, she needs to give 'her' staff members each a pink slip, give that royal title back to her m-i-l, and deal with the fact she is not a BRF member anymore
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH
Sarah, Duchess of York, should have taken the divorce settlement that was offered to her by HM QEII. Now entertain the thought, 'Hindsight is 20/20.' I always try to never give up on anybody. No, I do NOT know the Duchess, but even if everybody gave up on her, I would not. She is worthy of a respectable life, but she has no idea how to begin to that for herself. She must feel 'lost' at this point in her life. She seems to have only her beloved daughters for companionship, and there is nothing wrong with that. For her to live 'ashamed, lonely, and poor' should not expected of her.
She is in definite need of proper guidance to aid her in making reasonable goals for herself. To begin the process, she needs to give 'her' staff members each a pink slip, give that royal title back to her m-i-l, and deal with the fact she is not a BRF member anymore
No, I do NOT know the Duchess...
Old 07-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Perhaps Sarah should find an incredibly wealthy man and marry him. She'd stop being Sarah Duchess of York, but she'd have the lifestyle she wants as well as privacy. Honestly, I can't see her being viewed as a professional speaker or endorser of products now.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
give that royal title back to her m-i-l, and deal with the fact she is not a BRF member anymore

What royal title?

She doesn't have one. She lost her royal title in 1996 when the Queen stripped both her and Diana of the HRH title.

She uses the standard style of a divorced wife of a peer - nothing special or royal about that. It is the same as any divorced wife continuing to use her married name after divorce - that is all she is doing.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Perhaps Sarah should find an incredibly wealthy man and marry him. She'd stop being Sarah Duchess of York, but she'd have the lifestyle she wants as well as privacy. Honestly, I can't see her being viewed as a professional speaker or endorser of products now.
Sarah is a fifty + woman with "issues". Wealthy men wanting to get married do not marry fifty year old women because there are a number of 20 and 30 year old beauties ready and willing. NOW, if she would be interested in some declining 80 year old to whom she would seem a young thing, and be willing to play nurse maid, then maybe. But in that case there would probably be his children watching over him (and his fortune) so that he did not do something foolish.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Commoner

Would you want to employ Sarah Ferguson, even if she had great qualifications? She has not had a lot of success in her life - failed marriage, failed business dealings+++, "loose cannon", little responsibility - it goes on.

She needs to realise that she is a middle aged single mother, she needs to stop living through her daughters and her ex husband. If she wanted the priveleges of Royal life then she should have stuck out the marriage, she had her nose out with that as well and I think both she and Diana thought they were going to rule and upset from afar. While Diana accomplished this to some extent, I think she realise that good old Fergie was a liability and had to be cut loose. Fergie should grow up, and ride off into the sunset, let leave television shows to real people who live real lives and overcome much adversity and pain to get through each day.

Although perhaps she could get a job in a nail bar, she has got an affinity with feet!!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'd like to amend that to a incredibly wealthy man that has resided under a rock for the past 25 years or so. Most wealthy men are wealthy because they know how to manage their finances. I'd think if one knew of Sarah's penchant for spending and her monetary woes, they'd be running fast in the opposite direction from marriage to her.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratsmum
Would you want to employ Sarah Ferguson, even if she had great qualifications? She has not had a lot of success in her life - failed marriage, failed business dealings+++, "loose cannon", little responsibility - it goes on.

She needs to realise that she is a middle aged single mother, she needs to stop living through her daughters and her ex husband. If she wanted the priveleges of Royal life then she should have stuck out the marriage, she had her nose out with that as well and I think both she and Diana thought they were going to rule and upset from afar. While Diana accomplished this to some extent, I think she realise that good old Fergie was a liability and had to be cut loose. Fergie should grow up, and ride off into the sunset, let leave television shows to real people who live real lives and overcome much adversity and pain to get through each day.

Although perhaps she could get a job in a nail bar, she has got an affinity with feet!!

Spratsmum,
You expect the Duchess to seek employment, but you wouldn't hire her even if she was qualified?
She has not had a lot of success in life - but success must begin somewhere.
I do not understand the absolute hatred toward the Duchess many have expressed in this thread. The fact of another covert explanation has to exist! Some of you seem to wish the Duchess to die (soon) a slow and tortured death. Hatred toward anyone should be unwelcomed feeling, especially toward a person you do not even know.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Majesty

Maybe an 80-year-old bachelor who likes to collect rare royal memorabilia???? He could sit and listen to Sarah talk about her royal years for the rest of his life. Okay, this is getting silly. I'll stop now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
NOW, if she would be interested in some declining 80 year old to whom she would seem a young thing, and be willing to play nurse maid, then maybe. But in that case there would probably be his children watching over him (and his fortune) so that he did not do something foolish.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Spratsmum,
You expect the Duchess to seek employment, but you wouldn't hire her even if she was qualified?
She has not had a lot of success in life - but success must begin somewhere.
I do not understand the absolute hatred toward the Duchess many have expressed in this thread. The fact of another covert explanation has to exist! Some of you seem to wish the Duchess to die (soon) a slow and tortured death. Hatred toward anyone should be unwelcomed feeling, especially toward a person you do not even know.

I think you are overreacting a little. I don't think anyone has wished the woman dead, and I certainly don't hate her and I don't think anyone else has expressed that sentiment either Yes success does have to start somewhere, but also you have to look at people track record.

Sarah Ferguson is a public figure and she keeps putting herself in the public eye (latest Oprah interviews) as such people are entitled to have an opinion on her, also she married into and still trades off the British Royal family, again a public institution that is admired and scrutinized by many people.

In my opinion and many people on this forum Sarah has had a fair go, she has had the best of everything and has used many people along the way. She has not conducted herself in a very proper manner in some circumstances and admits herself to her shortcomings. Yes my opinion of Sarah is formed through the media and I don't know her personally, but you don't know me personally either and have made some sweeping statements.

Happy 4th of July hope the fireworks are wonderful

I
Old 07-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Courtier

MAybe HM should pay some rich man a huge sum to court and marry Sarah, thus ensuring that Sarah loses her courtesy title. Then HM can secretly funnel funds to the man for keeping Sarah off of the hands of Andrew and the RF. Wouldn't that be nice of HM?

The difference between divorced women and Sarah is that if the ex-wife acts out, the man's family isn't dragged through the mud by association. These days she is on a ride to the bottom and taking the RF with her. So many comments have been begging HM to strip Sarah of what is left of her social standing and something has to be done. Yes, it would be unique, but at this point and time it has to be done. A letter's patent would be just the thing and there would not be any need for Parliament ot change anything for the rest of the nation. Frankly at this point she should just be assigned "Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor" and be done with it. That is actually her surname, not "Duchess of York" which is more of a title than a surname. Diana, herself, was also referred to as "Mrs. Windsor" in some legal cases.

She's destroying the prestige of an ancient title stretching back centuries and ruining it for any woman that Harry in the future marries. Harry's wife will have to work like a fiend to avoid being seen as similar to Fergie and Harry's wife will also have to work hard at restoring the prestige that Fergie has merrily wrecked. She's taken a wrecking ball to the title and I cannot imagine how much more damage she is going to do to it.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
The difference between divorced women and Sarah is that if the ex-wife acts out, the man's family isn't dragged through the mud by association. These days she is on a ride to the bottom and taking the RF with her. So many comments have been begging HM to strip Sarah of what is left of her social standing and something has to be done. Yes, it would be unique, but at this point and time it has to be done. A letter's patent would be just the thing and there would not be any need for Parliament ot change anything for the rest of the nation. Frankly at this point she should just be assigned "Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor" and be done with it. That is actually her surname, not "Duchess of York" which is more of a title than a surname. Diana, herself, was also referred to as "Mrs. Windsor" in some legal cases.
I have no memory of Diana ever being Mrs Windsor. Please give some evidence of this.

The divorced wife of a peer is legally entitled to use the title as the surname after the divorce - which is what Sarah is doing and Diana did. To strip her of that styling won't take LPs but legislation - as it is a legal styling nothing more or less.

Quote:
She's destroying the prestige of an ancient title stretching back centuries and ruining it for any woman that Harry in the future marries. Harry's wife will have to work like a fiend to avoid being seen as similar to Fergie and Harry's wife will also have to work hard at restoring the prestige that Fergie has merrily wrecked. She's taken a wrecking ball to the title and I cannot imagine how much more damage she is going to do to it.

What has Harry's future wife got to do with anything?
Old 07-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
You raise an interesting point. People (even me at times) tend to think that someone with all Sarah's "advantages" should surely be able to get a decent job. But once you take away Sarah's connections to the royal family, she's just a middle-aged woman with no skills and no employment background.

I mean, imagine if you are an employer and a "Ms. Sarah Ferguson" turns up looking for a job. She's 51 years old and has written some mediocre books, helped produce a movie, worked as an ambassador for Weight Watchers and done some public speaking. And many years ago she worked for a publisher. But why would you hire her, really? When you look at it, Sarah doesn't have much of an employment record.
Which is Sarah's fault, no one else's really. She could have gotten real skills, built on that, and then fallen back on those whne things got rough. So many women without her chances in life have done it and started from nothing. I'm one of them myself, I have used my contacts to get something going for myself. I have 'help' but at the moment I have no choice until I get certifications. I'm twenty-seven by the way. With Sarah's recent mess though, I think PR would be a bad idea.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie

I have no memory of Diana ever being Mrs Windsor. Please give some evidence of this.

The divorced wife of a peer is legally entitled to use the title as the surname after the divorce - which is what Sarah is doing and Diana did. To strip her of that styling won't take LPs but legislation - as it is a legal styling nothing more or less.

What has Harry's future wife got to do with anything?

I am glad there are people who do not wish ill for the Duchess of York. The animosity toward Sarah expressed in this thread, is only misplaced anger. I do not hate anybody, especially a person I do not know.

Not to iluvbertie

When did Harry and his future wife enter this picture? There can only be one Duke of York at a time. Harry cannot receive the title unless Andrew dies before Harry, and his father or brother will have to confer the title on him. What is the connection between Sarah, Harry, and a possible future wife for Harry - and why would she have to work extra hard? Did I miss a key part of the saga? Or lost my mind?
Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Courtier

I understand. Maybe Sarah should discreetly hospitalize herself and spend time in a treatment facility long term, like Betty Ford or some other place where she can't just lounge about, but has to actively participate away from cameras and have some no-nonsense staff.