The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
What I don't get is why doesn't she think she DOESN'T look utterly pathetic when she does this sort of thing???
She lives in a dream world. She's literally living the fantasy life where her actions carry no permanent consequences and the three most important people in her life seem to either not see it or don't have the guts to tell her. Seems to me that as long as Andrew and the girls don't put a foot down Sarah will not change because they seem the only ones capable of bringing her out of it.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
What I don't get is why doesn't she think she DOESN'T look utterly pathetic when she does this sort of thing???
We hear you Russo, We hear you. At the moment I suppose she's between a rock and a hard place. While she's in debt, beggars can't be choosers. She literally can't afford not to give whatever offers are there some serious consideration. On top of that if she has a series of books due for release I'm sure the publishers would have her contracted to do a certain number of interviews to coincide with their release.
What's completely insane to me is her business debts. Why or Why would you wait until you are millions in debt before pluging the plug. Hartmoor should have been wound up when the debts were at a far more manageable figure. I read that Sarah was a 51% shareholder so it probably wasn't entirely her decision but it's unbelieable that no had a bit of sense.
She does like the spotlight but we'll have to wait and see. She hasn't spoken since Oprah so we don't really know her plans.
What we do know is that the Daily Mail and Sarah have a bit of history so I don't believe everything they say about her.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
She lives in a dream world. She's literally living the fantasy life where her actions carry no permanent consequences and the three most important people in her life seem to either not see it or don't have the guts to tell her. Seems to me that as long as Andrew and the girls don't put a foot down Sarah will not change because they seem the only ones capable of bringing her out of it.
Oh well said, but which is it, I'd love to know.
They are all she's got, and all three do seem to be devoted to her, and I don't doubt that their feelings for her are genuine, so surely it must hurt them to see her reputation in pieces, and constantly living this roller coaster life. What makes it frustrating is, I actually think she would listen to them. She would do anything for the girls, and Andrew and herself have been through thick and thin, and despite everything there is something very strong and solid there.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The problem with Sarah is that spending money goes a lot faster than making money. I think we can all agree on that. Sarah wants money and she wants it yesterday so anything that appears to give her fast cash sounds good to her even if it means she lowers herself by giving interviews about her tape scandal. Most people when they have made an embarrassment of themselves, want to shy away from any reminders. I know I do and I haven't done anything in the range of Sarah's blunders and I'm sure other posters here are the same way, it's natural. Sarah is prepared to debase herself over and over just to obtain quick cash. She is, in a way, an exhibitionist in that she exposes her mistakes over and over again and doesn't move on from them as she did when she was younger.
I feel that if Sarah concentrated on writing, she could be very successful. She has a fascination about Queen Victoria and has put out one book about her. She could write books about not only Victoria, but her children and extended family. They could be novels as well as non-fiction.
Princess Michael of Kent is a noted author and Sarah could be the same.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Sarah Ferguson joins OWN network with 6-part series | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

In the six-part series, which is produced by World of Wonder and will premiere in early next year, viewers will watch as the Duchess of York struggles to rebuild her life with the help of some of experts (and familiar faces to Oprah fanatics): Dr. Phil McGraw, Suze Orman and Martha Beck, among others.

“The Duchess will open up about her recent public troubles and explore her lifelong battles with weight, relationships and finances,” said Lisa Erspamer, chief creative officer of OWN, in a press release. “She will look to put the past behind her and move forward to a positive future.”
Old 09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I know this will earn Sarah some $$$, but I hate it that she has to take care of this publicly. Perhaps there is no other way for her. I find it very sad that she has to stoop to this level. Andrew took care of her British debts, bless his heart. Now, it's time for her to take care of her US debts and this might be the quickest way.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

IMO the part where Sarah has to face Dr. Phil and discuss relationships could be very embarrassing. He is an expert at this and she could end up revealing a lot more than she intended.

I wonder what BP and PA think about this series...oh, to be a fly on the wall.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

I have to admit my jaw hit the floor on this one. It will be a hit here, I can see it.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

Good for Sarah. I am so glad that she will have this opportunity!!! It will not be so easy for her but I can't wait to see the series.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergalicious View Post
Good for Sarah. I am so glad that she will have this opportunity!!! It will not be so easy for her but I can't wait to see the series.
I'll skip it. It's gonna be the same ole' same ole'.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I can't believe it but I agree with Russo about Sarah

Sarah isn't going to reveal too much. She might be on the outside looking in with the BRF (with the exception of Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie) but she isn't going tell ALL the family secrets.

And one would hazard a guess that she is going to blame everyone except Sarah.

Merlot?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Is anyone hear going to watch the show?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
That goes for me too.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Administrator

In this world of instant tv, I am sure it will be posted on a website and on youtube. Not sure when OWN will be officially launched. But I am sure there will be a lot of press before the event is televised, so those who want to watch it will be reminded that its coming on the telly.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Majesty

NO NO NO!!! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!! Okay, now that I've smashed my head to bits, here's my thoughts: If the people involved actually do confront her and don't let her evade the issues and blame others, then I think that this might be helpful to Sarah. But I'm just not comfortable with a former daughter-in-law of the Queen going on TV and talking about her life. If she were another celebrity, it would be different. Perhaps if her dealings with her former husband and her daughters were not up for discussion, it might come off better.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Nobility

I read another piece, I think it was on the New York Daily News website, that the series is mainly about teen abandonment, and that it is Sarah's relationship with her own mother that is the main focus of her discussions with the professionals. I think if she goes in genuinely prepared to listen, open to help and advice, and not just going through the motions to get the cash, then absolutely she might get something out of it.
These people are professionals and the kind of people she should be talking to, I just wish it wasn't in front of the TV cameras.

I don't doubt that there will be headlines along the lines of "BP's fury over Fergie's TV show" or "Andrew and Fergie row over TV Documentary".
However I really do believe that this is something that Sarah will have discussed alot with Andrew. I'm not saying that he would have encouraged her to do it or given her his full blessing, but I do think that if he had a huge problem with it, that if it was a real NO NO, she wouldn't annoy or hurt him any further by doing it.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Come on folks - this is a TV show for crying out loud. It isn't as if this well help her, if she needs help emotionally or anything like that. It is there to entertain the masses and make them (the masses) feel superior because here is a woman who had everything but she also has problems. This isn't about helping Sarah emotionally although I will probably help her financially but about the public ghoulish delight in seeing and glorying in other people's suffering.

If she needs this sought of help it needs to be in private.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to agree with you on this one. Any worthwhile therapy and/or professional guidance will never be accomplished in a few hours in front of a camera with time out for a word from our sponsors. '

I'm sure that it will be good therapy for her debts and also put her into the limelight in hopes of generating future "appearances" but to be actually billed as credible therapy, I think would really be a misnomer. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that also are dealing with the "teen abandonment" issue but c'mon folks... what revelations on any TV show will actually serve to promote healing?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I agree, if Sarah needs help, then she should seek it in private. If the public delights in her plight, then Sarah's the one performing for their delight. She doesn't have to do it, nobody's put a gun to her head to force her to make a further humiliating spectacle of herself. Sarah has willingly chose this herself. It sounds like it's going to be a repeat of what we've heard for the past eon of years from her, more "poor, pitiful me."
Old 09-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Serene Highness

I'm not a fan of the way this show sounds, but Sarah isn't going to say anything we haven't already heard hundreds of times before, including her dealings with Andrew and Beatrice and Eugenie. I also agree with IrishEyes, I'm sure Andrew is supporting Sarah in this, so I don't think she'll say anything that really puts the BRF in a poor light.

I'm kind of hoping the show has low ratings and unfavourable reviews (which I think it will) just so Sarah realizes that her story can get old even to American ears.

I remember how Oprah called Sarah a spiritually bankrupt woman in the interview this past summer, and Sarah referred to herself in the third person. This docu-series seems to be the brainchild of two women who have spent too much time reading pop psychology. I don't watch Oprah, but that seems to be her specialty, and when Sarah went to America in the 1990s, I believe she had therapists and people around her who hooked her on the "psychobabble" she sometimes uses. I don't imagine this docu-series will have a large audience by the end of it (if it's how it's portrayed) and I don't even see Oprah's new network as being successful. Sarah has other talents, so I'm hoping her time on this show will earn her the money she does need to pay off her debts, and then hopefully the reviews will be lukewarm enough that she realizes she needs to move on to things other than telling her own story over and over again.

I know, some of you will say that's a pipe dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
If the public delights in her plight, then Sarah's the one performing for their delight. She doesn't have to do it, nobody's put a gun to her head to force her to make a further humiliating spectacle of herself. Sarah has willingly chose this herself. It sounds like it's going to be a repeat of what we've heard for the past eon of years from her, more "poor, pitiful me."
But you have to remember, telling the world about her "plight" was hugely successful for Sarah before. This is how she paid off her first mountain of debts, so even though we may say we've heard it all before, it makes sense that Sarah, when in dire financial straits, would turn to a tactic that worked before.