Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
which is why I wonder why you think she needs our forgiveness (or at least yours)
Please show me where I said Sarah Ferguson needs my forgiveness? I said just the opposite. You have said I should forgive her, when I don't think it enters into the discussion.
Iluvbertie said:
But of course Sarah can't be forgiven can she? Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie are wrong to forgive her and love her aren't they?
Forgiven? I neither condone her extravagance nor forgive it and the deep harm she has caused others by not paying them for the services they gave her over the years. Please see link above that shows she fails to pay her employees.

I don't want to argue with you or anyone else. That is my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds as if you don't care for Sarah and that is certainly your right. But disliking someone doesn't mean that one should lose objectivity IMO. There are plenty of people that I don't particularly care for but I can acknolwedge when they do something right or have a talent. I don't believe everything negative about them.

Sarah has done some questionable things but I don't believe everything negative that is written about her in the papers.

No, I really don't care for her at all; I honestly don't see where she's much better than James Hewitt.

But I don't believe everything negative, (even though I confess that it made me laugh when Forbes dubbed her the "municipal begonia"). :ROFLMAO:

Forgiven? I neither condone her extravagance nor forgive it and the deep harm she has caused others by not paying them for the services they gave her over the years. Please see link above that shows she fails to pay her employees.

Perhaps you didn't read that I neither forgive nor condone her because she is nothing but another celebrity to me.

Please show me where I said Sarah Ferguson needs my forgiveness? I said just the opposite. You have said I should forgive her, when I don't think it enters into the discussion.

You stated twice (posts 518 and 522 as quoted above) that you don't forgive her. It is your words that I have been questioning.

Sarah has not always been a favorite of mine, but when she has done some good work, I've acknowledged it, and she has done many good things.
Oprah can state she's chided Sarah for her spending, but Sarah hasn't taken advice from others, including her staff and financial advisors, so I don't think she's going to buck up just for Oprah. I'm afraid that since Sarah has always had someone to take care of her and her mistakes, she will continue this pattern of behavior. Time will tell and I hope she can come around and set herself right. If she still complained to Oprah that she could take any luxury vacations, then she still is of the same mind set and hasn't learned anything except to try and take the quickest and easiest way out of problems.

You stated twice (posts 518 and 522 as quoted above) that you don't forgive her. It is your words that I have been questioning.
Maybe Marie will forgive Sarah when Sarah forgives Sarah. And I mean TRUELY forgives. The kind that means "I'm not going to put myself in that situation ever again."
With Sarah, unfortunately, we have seen this distructive pattern of her life (over eating, over spending, etc.) over and over and over again.
I hope 2011 will be a bright future for her, really.

Maybe Marie will forgive Sarah when Sarah forgives Sarah. And I mean TRUELY forgives. The kind that means "I'm not going to put myself in that situation ever again."
With Sarah, unfortunately, we have seen this distructive pattern of her life (over eating, over spending, etc.) over and over and over again.

I'd like to echo that Russo, I hope 2011 is a new beginning for Sarah. If she is to turn things around Andrew is going to be very important to her, but he is in a no win situation, in his head he probably knows she needs some tough love (most of us agree that while he continues to provide a safety net Sarah had no incentive to change) but in his heart I think he loves the family unit they have and doesn't want to cut ties or break bonds with her.

Thank you Russophile. It's not up to me or anyone here to forgive Sarah Ferguson, so the idea is impossible. Neither do I condemn her.
It's sad that she is her own worst enemy.

It's sad that she is her own worst enemy.
Ain't that that truth. I think that is what rankles: She has so much/can make so much and keeps blowing it. I truly hope her New Years Resolution is to not fall back into those destructive habits and patterns because, IMO, it really makes her look pathetic. And that's not good.

Ain't that that truth. I think that is what rankles: She has so much/can make so much and keeps blowing it. I truly hope her New Years Resolution is to not fall back into those destructive habits and patterns because, IMO, it really makes her look pathetic. And that's not good.

Well said Russo. If she had nothing going for her it wouldn't rankle so much, but she has so many admireable and likeable qualities, and her hard work for various charities is genuine and impressive IMO, that those who know and care about her must just want to shake her so hard (I know I would). She has had every opportunity in the world, and mainly because of Andrew's help it looks like she's getting another one, lets hope she makes the most of it and doesn't blow it.

I have little opinion either way regarding SF except to say, as we all know, that she has made some disastrous decisions. OTOH, this "cooperative venture" with Oprah W. may get her some cash, but it certainly will garner no respect for her. Many people like OW but IMO she is one of the biggest manipulators out there and I can't see this foray into reality tv doing anything but harm for SF.

OTOH, this "cooperative venture" with Oprah W. may get her some cash, but it certainly will garner no respect for her. Many people like OW but IMO she is one of the biggest manipulators out there and I can't see this foray into reality tv doing anything but harm for SF.

I think so too. There was an article recently with some quotes by Oprah about the "Finding Sarah" documentary. I'm not sure if it was posted here, but Oprah described her "flash of insight" at realizing Sarah was "morally bankrupt." She said she didn't initially approach Sarah about doing a TV show because she didn't want to "seem exploitative."

At which point, I rolled my eyes.

Oprah is a great manipulator, IMO. Which is exactly why she is so successful. She will get more out of this TV show than Sarah will.

I'm afraid you're right. For Oprah, it's just an exciting new venture and if this network doesn't pan out, then not only Sarah, but other people with shows and the network staffers are out of jobs. I've read in my local paper that OWN is listed in the 200's channel range which usually means it doesn't have a high priority. One person told me that OWN is having licensing problems in Canada. Regardless, I'm betting that whatever money Sarah receives or has received already from Oprah will be spent as fast as she can pay out and not to pay debts. We'll just have to see.

I'm afraid you're right. For Oprah, it's just an exciting new venture and if this network doesn't pan out, then not only Sarah, but other people with shows and the network staffers are out of jobs. I've read in my local paper that OWN is listed in the 200's channel range which usually means it doesn't have a high priority. One person told me that OWN is having licensing problems in Canada. Regardless, I'm betting that whatever money Sarah receives or has received already from Oprah will be spent as fast as she can pay out and not to pay debts. We'll just have to see.

I thought this spot for Sarah was a 6 part documentary type thing of her going through "therapy". Did I miss something and she is to continue on with the OWN network? I've checked here too and it seems like OWN is in our satellite package. I really can't see it becoming a big draw at all.

As much as I deplore Oprah's approach, I can only hope that the "therapy" Sarah receives will do her some bit of good and not totally humiliate her family and her former in-laws.:ermm:

Oprah is a great manipulator, IMO. Which is exactly why she is so successful. She will get more out of this TV show than Sarah will.

Sarah is going to do just the six part series, but sometimes if a show doesn't have the audience for the first one or two shows, it gets dropped and hopefully Sarah's contract has provided for just such a case. I can only get the channel if I pay extra or buy an entire channel tier and it's not that important for me to spend the money. I can get the gist of the show just reading these threads and other Boards.

If you have DISH network, OWN replaced Discovery Health channel 189. What a bummer! :sad:

As much as I deplore Oprah's approach, I can only hope that the "therapy" Sarah receives will do her some bit of good and not totally humiliate her family and her former in-laws.:ermm:

Well, I wish Sarah had a different set of "therapists" then...:ermm:

I really don't feel too optimistic about this show, but in a sense it is better than nothing for Sarah.

If you have DISH network, OWN replaced Discovery Health channel 189. What a bummer! :sad:

ditto, it is killing me know discovery health is going away for OWN. :( I do foresees Sarah having another scandel coming her way.

Like most people posting comments I don't like the sound of this show.
There are two things which might help before it airs: - It was reported Andrew travelled to NY last month. Sarah was there filming at the time and I'm only speculating (nothing reported in the press that I know of) but I'd really like to think Andrew's trip was connected. It would be great if Andrew viewed the footage and expressed whatever opinions and concerns he may have. The second thing is that I hope Sarah is involved in the editing, and that in hindsight if there is something she doesn't want aired, or something she regrets saying, or if she says too much, that contractually she is in a position to say "Edit that out".

If Oprah really wanted to help I wish she had organised Sarah's therapy sessions away from the camera, and then when she was stronger offered her a role (perhaps behind the scenes at the network).
An emotional and vunerable Sarah in front of the cameras can't be good news.

"If Oprah really wanted to help I wish she had organised Sarah's therapy sessions away from the camera, and then when she was stronger offered her a role (perhaps behind the scenes at the network).
An emotional and vunerable Sarah in front of the cameras can't be good news."

IMO, Oprah's main emphasis is a connection to the RF and the noteriety of SF. In no way do I think her "main concern" is Sarah, if it were, the therapy sessions would be off camera. I cannot believe any credible therapist would be involved in this at all, probably only the TV variety. This is just one of those TV/Reality/Tabloid situations, and the upshot is, SF is willing to do it for the money. I suppose in the scheme of things it might work out that she could have a future venture on OWN, but honestly I doubt it. This is exploitation of highest degree IMO.

Let's narrow the Oprah discussion.

Last I checked this thread wasn't about Oprah, her motives, etc.

If Sarah genuinely wanted help from therapy, she would have done it privately. I'm quite sure PA and even the RF would be more than willing to pay for it. Sarah is doing this for money and hopefully to help her reputation. The former she has achieved, the latter remains to be seen.

That sounds about right to me, kakieanne. The first sensible thing said, imho...

If Sarah genuinely wanted help from therapy, she would have done it privately. I'm quite sure PA and even the RF would be more than willing to pay for it. Sarah is doing this for money and hopefully to help her reputation. The former she has achieved, the latter remains to be seen.

I can't see in any way that this would enhance her reputation in any way, shape or form. A lifetime of issues that have plagued Sarah for as far as I can tell, most of her life. They are not going to be solved or "cured" in 6 sessions with commercial breaks. This to me is a "quick fix" for entertainment purposes only. It may ease the financial burden a bit for Sarah but I seriously think it will do a lot more harm in the long run as to how people perceive her in the future. Not a respected Sarah, Duchess of York but rather Sarah "how low can I go" Ferguson, reality show celebrity.

Frankly, I don't see that she can get much lower.
She has no reputation to lose, imo.

She might as well sell herself while she can still find a buyer.

The nail has been hit on the head. If Sarah had any self respect at all, she would have had private therapy sessions, also by going into therapy quietly and away from the public, it shows a maturity and a determinedness to really get to the heart of her problems and a willingness to work at resolving them and healing herself knowing full well it could take many years of work and talking.
As I've said before, this is a quick fix for her immediate money problems and also more "fame" time for her. She isn't going to admit any of her mess is her fault. She'll blame the Royals, the Royal Navy (divorce), her mother, Diana, anyone but herself. A person cannot help themselves until she admits she has a problem and she alone is the only one who can help herself. Sarah is still an immature lady who will never admit anything. Her motto seems to be "I did what I did because people were mean to me and treated me bad."

I'm afraid this is not what Oprah plans... the quote about being "morally bankrupt" was a tough one and I'm sure there is more to come of the same. Oprah will milk her as much as she can and in the US this means some sort of bootcamp. Because nobody wants to see Sarah getting away with all this mess. So I guess her "therapy" will mean embarrasment at least if not public humiliation up to a point where she is allowed to recover and to appear like a phoenix from the ashes. But to appear that way, she needs to go through the fire first. And I don't Oprah paying money and then spare her the ordeal.

What went wrong with her? She had such a promising start in the royal family.....so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom