Jack Brooksbank: Is there a Title in his future?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anthony Armstrong Jones didn’t get his title on his wedding day

Maybe when Eugenie becomes pregnant...Jack may get a title. However, it would be strange since Jack wasn't given a title today. What is the significance of giving Jack a title later?

Anthony Armstrong Jones didn’t get his title on his wedding day

I just looked that up and it is true. He didn't get his title until 6 October 1961. That is more than a year after his wedding.

Rob Jobson replied to Chris:

"She will remain HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs Brooksbank. Princess Alexandra became Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy when she married Sir Angus."

The plot thickens.

"She will remain HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs Brooksbank. Princess Alexandra became Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy when she married Sir Angus."

The plot thickens.

Which plot?

The plot thickens.

Had Angus been already knighted when he married Princess Alexandra ? I believe she was The Hon Mrs Angus Ogilvy before becoming The Hon. Lady Ogilvy.

Last edited:
That’s because Angus Olgivy didn’t receive a title. Chris Ship is implying a title is in works for Eugenie and Jack

Maybe when Eugenie becomes pregnant...Jack may get a title. However, it would be strange since Jack wasn't given a title today. What is the significance of giving Jack a title later?

Her being pregnant has nothing to do with a title. No husbands that have married into the family, in decades, have been given a title.

Eugenie is not a working royal. Jack is not going to be a working royal.

LaRae

I think the pregnancy tie was because that is why Anthony Armstrong Jones was given his. It was right before Princess Margaret gave birth.

I still doubt it but then again Andrew has power over his mother. So I will never under estimate that man. LOL

That’s because Angus Olgivy didn’t receive a title. Chris Ship is implying a title is in works for Eugenie and Jack

Angus didn’t have a title, but he used an honorific predicate as the youngest son of an earl. That is why he was “ The Honorable Mr Angus Ogivy” before he became “ The Honorable Sir Angus Ogilvy”.

I was explaining Rob Jobson’s tweet about Princess Alexandra. Chris Ship doesn’t tweet lies. He must have heard something through sources.

Oh I don't think he is lying. He has clearly heard chatter. Whether it is accurate remains to be seen but likely where there is smoke...

I think the pregnancy tie was because that is why Anthony Armstrong Jones was given his. It was right before Princess Margaret gave birth.

I still doubt it but then again Andrew has power over his mother. So I will never under estimate that man. LOL

Margaret's children were much closer to the throne. Given the fact that Queen only had young children then (though Charles and Andrew never flew in the same plane as 1st and 2nd in line, so that was safer). There is now three families basically ahead of Eugenie, in addition to Beatrice. Earl of Snowden did say he took the title for the sake of his son, and it would be awkward if the former Mr. Armstrong Jones were ever to become king.

never under estimate that man

Like you I'd never discount the persuasive power of the Duke of York when it comes to HMQ.. but this would be an unprecedented example of it...

I was explaining Rob Jobson’s tweet about Princess Alexandra. Chris Ship doesn’t tweet lies. He must have heard something through sources.

Exactly, Chris has been correct on almost every aspect of the wedding that he's tweeted about that wasn't confirmed until it was. To tweet something like that he must have heard something...Does anyone remember if an announcement was made about what Princess Anne would be referred to after either her first or second wedding?

A baronetcy would be ideal.. giving the eldest Brooksbank Son a title to inherit, [and I suspect] that is the minimum the DoY would angle for..

HM could easily make him a Knight Commander of one of the orders she has personal control over, for services to her - I mean he did promise to protect and worship her granddaughter, a Princess of the Blood Royal, so this is certainly worth a knightship. IMHO. That would not give the children titles, but I am sure that great-grandchildren of a souverain in the male/female line do not need a title. But it would be nice if the couple would be introduced as HRH Princess Eugenie, Lady Brookbanks and Sir Jack Brookbanks. It would not sound so far away from TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex as an example of a married male grandson. We'll see. But I am honestly happy for Eugenie that she got the wedding fit for a Royal princess and that we got to see it and wish for her Jack to be honoured for making his girlfriend a honarable matron (LOL).

HM could easily make him a Knight Commander of one of the orders she has personal control over, for services to her - I mean he did promise to protect and worship her granddaughter, a Princess of the Blood Royal, so this is certainly worth a knightship. IMHO. That would not give the children titles, but I am sure that great-grandchildren of a souverain in the male/female line do not need a title. But it would be nice if the couple would be introduced as HRH Princess Eugenie, Lady Brookbanks and Sir Jack Brookbanks. It would not sound so far away from TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex as an example of a married male grandson. We'll see. But I am honestly happy for Eugenie that she got the wedding fit for a Royal princess and that we got to see it and wish for her Jack to be honoured for making his girlfriend a honarable matron (LOL).

He has not done anything to merit a knighthood or any title...

Yeah, I don't see a title in Jack's future and honestly, I don't think he wants one.

He seems like someone who happened to fall in love (and marry) someone who happened to the Queen's Granddaughter and a Princess to boot!

You will see him at special events but he will be low key and work to support his family. Much like the late Angus Oglivy.

A baronetcy would be ideal.. giving the eldest Brooksbank Son a title to inherit, [and I suspect] that is the minimum the DoY would angle for..

The difficulty with that is Andrew went on record to refute this when the reports of him asking for the Princesses' future husbands to be given titles. But I suppose that's only true until it's not.

Another thing I just remembered. If Chris' tweet is entirely based on the fact that Eugenie hasn't added Mrs. Jack Brooksbank to her title (I'm assuming that was his issue since he specifically mentioned Brooksbank not in her title as an issue in his tweet), that's actually not unprecedented. Princess Margaret never added Mrs. Armstrong Jones to her title either. She was just HRH The Princess Margaret.

Last edited:
True about Princess Margaret - until Tony was given an Earldom and then she added Countess Snowdon. Tony wasn't give the title though until Margaret was expecting David.

I can see a knighthood as a way to give Eugenie an additional title 'Lady' which Princess Alexandra also has due to Angus being knighted. Tim Laurence was also knighted for service to Her Majesty so that is a possibility but how soon?? The other two men were married for many years before they were knighted. Mark, however, wasn't knighted despite nearly 20 years of marriage to Anne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there might be a title coming for Eugenie and Jack?? As of today she is still to be called HRH Princess Eugenie of York (not Brooksbank). However, it seems that might not remain the case in the near future ...

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter

Does Mr. Ship mean that Princess Eugenie will continue to be styled Princess Eugenie of York for the moment, but will change to Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank/Mrs. Brooksbank in the near future? If the intention is that Princess Eugenie will take her husband's surname, what would be the reason for postponing the name change?

Last edited:
Maybe the continuation of her styling is for public consumption via the media? As in 'we will continue to call her by the name the public knows her as for the time being'. Of course to friends and acquaintances she will most probably be known as Eugenie Brooksbank. Look how long it took the media to stop calling Kate by her former name.

When did the media stop calling Kate by her former name? I regularly still see her called Kate Middleton and Meghan as Meghan Markle.

Princess Eugenie is different in that she hasn't stopped being Princess Eugenie. She has simply added her husband's name.

Princess Alexandra is rarely called Mrs or Lady Angus Ogilvy outside of something like the Court Circular. To the public and media she is always known a simply Princess Alexandra and I see no reason why Eugenie should be any different.

It seems what Chris Ship meant is that Eugenie was called HRH Princess Eugenie of York (not HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank) on the night of the wedding (I imagine he was discussing the evening reception hosted by the Duke of York).

But her name tonight is still HRH Princess Eugenie of York

As far as I have heard, official information regarding how Princess Eugenie will be styled (HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank, HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Brooksbank, or HRH Princess Eugenie of York) has not been released yet.

Looks like there might be a title coming for Eugenie and Jack?? As of today she is still to be called HRH Princess Eugenie of York (not Brooksbank). However, it seems that might not remain the case in the near future ...

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter

It seems what Chris Ship meant is that Eugenie was called HRH Princess Eugenie of York (not HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank) on the night of the wedding (I imagine he was discussing the evening reception hosted by the Duke of York).

But her name tonight is still HRH Princess Eugenie of York

The press release for the wedding photographs says:

Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank have released four official photographs from their Wedding day.

https://www.royal.uk/official-photographs-released-princess-eugenie-and-jack-brooksbanks-wedding

Apparently, Chris Ship was correct on Princess Eugenie continuing to be known as "of York" and not adding (for the time being) "Mrs. Brooksbank" or "Mrs. Jack Brooksbank".

There may be a name change later or maybe it has already occurred and perhaps they have not updated her name yet.
Technically she is no longer "of York", right?

Publicly Eugenie of York, privately Mrs. Jack Brooksbank. Or so.

Publically she is HRH Princess Eugenie of York, Mrs Jack Brooksbank..according to what I have seen/heard.

LaRae

If they are going to give Jack a title why didn't they announce on the morning of the wedding like William and Harry? It looks like fear of backlash.

Back
Top Bottom