Jack Brooksbank: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read it but I'm hoping for more; maybe I'm not understanding but he doesn't seem to have anything necessarily steady. He seems to change professions every few years; but I might not be grasping the situation well.

I read it but I'm hoping for more; maybe I'm not understanding but he doesn't seem to have anything necessarily steady. He seems to change professions every few years; but I might not be grasping the situation well.

The article linked in post #15 states:

"Jack skipped university and started working in the hospitality trade. He first worked in pubs including the Admiral Codrington in Chelsea, London then got a job at the trendy restaurant, the Markham Inn, also in the Chelsea area of London, which has since closed. Then Jack worked as the manager of the nightclub Mahiki in Mayfair, London, frequented by the younger royals. Currently, he is the brand ambassador of Casamigos Tequila, which was co-founded by George Clooney, Rande Gerber, and Mike Meldman. In 2017, Jack set up a wholesale company for the sale of wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverage called Jack Brooksbank Limited."

He didn't go to university and he's now 30 years old so presumably this is a list of all the jobs he's held for the past 12 years or so, from working in a pub, to manager, and now owning his own company. Sounds to me like he's steadily moving up.

I don't think he would propose unless he had a credible game plan. Good for him for keeping it close to the vest.

He's moved around in the same industry, he has not changed "professions". He didn't go from undertaker to florist to liposuction clinic receptionist. Rising in ones' field is admirable.

Jack, right now, is a wine merchant, the same profession as the Duchess of Cornwall's father, the grand old man Bruce Shand.

There is nothing wrong with not going off to college if that's not for you.

In one of the articles I read about him, he stated that he has always wanted to be in the hospitality business...and honestly...it looks like his series of jobs are just a natural progression of that. Started as a waiter, became a nightclub manager and now serves as a wine merchant.

In 2013, he said: 'I want to create a chain of pubs. It has been my dream since I was 18. I have fond memories of Sunday roasts in pubs with log fires, and it’s something I want to recreate. I love pubs and often go to my local for a pint.'

Read more: Who is Jack Brooksbank? | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Honestly, you dont need to go to college to start, manage or operate a pub. You need to know the inns and outs of a pub besides eating there.

My take on it is he had a series of increasingly responsible jobs in restaurants/bars, found a niche related to that field that suited him and opened a business - his alcohol/wine business.
My guess is that as the manager at the bar he saw that selling alcohol to bars was a lot more lucrative that managing one bar and based on what he had learned and the connections he’d made he was able to open his own business supplying alcohol to restaurants/bars/etc..
How successful his business will be is not yet known.

Last edited:
A wine merchant! The Queen Mum would have loved him! ?

I believe he wouldn’t have proposed unless he could financially afford to support a Princess as his spouse. He may not have a conventional education but he’s done well for himself with lots of hard work.

I think its very possible that both Eugenie and Jack knew a long time ago which way their relationship was heading and had a plan to have things well established before marriage and family. The time has come to take the plunge, so to speak, and I'm sure that they'll be successful in everything they do in the future. These are two people that know what they're doing.

My take on it is he had a series of increasingly responsible jobs in restaurants/bars, found a niche related to that field that suited him and opened a business - his alcohol/wine business.
My guess is that as the manager at the bar he saw that selling alcohol to bars was a lot more lucrative that managing one bar and based on what he had learned and the connections he’d made he was able to open his own business supplying alcohol to restaurants/bars/etc..
How successful his business will be is not yet known.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me better understand that, you really helped. I wasn't able to see the connections between his professions; I thought he was moving around but you illustrated that he was moving up.
He seems to have done ok with himself and I applaud him for trying to become a success.

Signing on to be ambassador for the George Clooney/Randee Gerber brand is a step in the right direction. According to Wikipedia (with established links) in 2013, he partnered with George Clooney to launch Casamigos Tequila.[4] In June 2017, it was sold to Diageo for $700 million, with an additional $300 million possible depending on the company's performance over the next ten years. He also started out by opening a bar.

The Queen is not the prime example of 91 year old grandmother. She's a woman that has had her finger on the pulse of the nation for over 65 years. Jack's grandmother, approximately the same age, is probably prone to seeing things as she is used to seeing them without much change in how things are.

This is a woman that has lived through the abdication, WWII and probably has a very old fashioned mindset. Although she probably loves and dotes on Jack, the idea that he could move up and circulate in royal society was not something that she ever figured could happen. Its possible that she still sees the BRF as "the creme de la creme" and still elevates them above the common person.

It will be interesting though at Eugenie and Beatrice's wedding when the two nonagenarian grandmothers come together. That will be a picture to see. Perhaps HM will find a kindred soul in her. :D

I'm skeptical of the supposed quotes from his grandmother-not very nice at all.

My thoughts exactly. Other newspapers refer to them as "lighthearted" so maybe that was the intention?

Jack Brooksbank is a descendant of Joseph Moses Levy, founder of the Daily Telegraph. Of course, this also means he has Jewish ancestry.

Brief biography of Joseph Moses Levy:

LEVY, JOSEPH MOSES - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Joseph Moses Levy (1812-1888)
m. Esther Cohen
|
Edward Levy-Lawson 1st Baron Burnham (1833-1916)
m. Harriette Georgiana Webster
|
Harry Lawson Webster Levy-Lawson 1st Viscount Burnham (1862-1933)
m. Olive de Bathe
|
Hon. Dorothy Olive Lawson (1885-1937)
m. Maj. Hon. Sir John Spencer Coke
|
Celia Dorothy Coke (1919-1996)
m. Capt. Stamp Godfrey Brooksbank
|
George Edward Hugh Brooksbank (b. 1949)
m. Nicola Newton
|
Jack Christopher Stamp Brooksbank (b. 1986)

Incidentally, Jack's great-great-grandmother Olive de Bathe was the sister of Sir Hugh de Bathe, 5th Baronet, second husband of Lillie Langtry.

I am intrigued as to the origins of the name Stamp.
Jack inherited that name from his grandfather. Jack has an interesting full name.

Jack inherited that name from his grandfather. Jack has an interesting full name.

Apparently the first Stamp Brooksbank was the son of Joseph Brooksbank and Mary Stamp.

This might be of interest to those of you who live in the U.S.A.:

Jack Brooksbank has an American connection. His great-grandfather Giles Newton was born in Windom, Cottonwood County, Minnesota, U.S.A. in 1891.

Giles was the son of William Latham Newton, from a minor Yorkshire gentry family, who left England for America as a young man in the mid-1880s. He farmed near Windom with a small group of other English immigrants, including his sister Mary who kept house for them.

William returned to England in 1886 and married Violet Harrison, the daughter of a timber merchant from Leeds. He took her back to Minnesota and continued to farm before moving into Windom where he owned & operated a livery barn and served as a director of the Cottonwood County Bank, which he helped organize.

In 1893 William & Violet (and their children) returned to England for good, where William was employed as an inspector for the Board of Agriculture (civil servant).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have a picture of Thomas, Jack's brother?

Other events this year;

Possible big Windsor Castle party for

Princess Beatrice 30; on 8th August.
Prince Charles 70; 14th November.

Last edited:
Anyone have a picture of Thomas, Jack's brother?

Other events this year;

Possible big Windsor Castle party for

Princess Beatrice 30; on 8th August.
Prince Charles 70; 14th November.

Charles' is likely to be held at Highgrove. His 60th birthday was. It is usually where he hosts those type of events for himself and his wife.

I would expect a party for Bea, not sure at the main castle.

Apparently the first Stamp Brooksbank was the son of Joseph Brooksbank and Mary Stamp.

Thank you, Gawin.
You prompted me to look that up and that first Stamp Brooksbank was born in 1694. So it's an OLD name. That is quite a fun legacy for Jack.

Last edited:
Thank you, Gawin.
You prompted me to look that up and that first Stamp Brooksbank was born in 1794. So it's an OLD name. That is quite a fun legacy for Jack.

Small correction, 1694, he died in 1756. He was the three times great grandfather of the 1st baron, who in return was Jack's great-grandfather. Mary likely named her son Stamp because he was his grandfather's (Richard Stamp) heir. Richard's brother was Lord mayor of London. It wasn't that uncommon to use a maiden name as a given name for your child, though more commonly as a middle name.

Charles' is likely to be held at Highgrove. His 60th birthday was. It is usually where he hosts those type of events for himself and his wife.

I would expect a party for Bea, not sure at the main castle.

Charles will probably have more than one party. One at BP for donors to his causes, one for family at another Crown property and one for his loyal cadre of old friends at Highgrove.

I don't see Bea getting a Windsor Castle party in August, when it is tourist season and/or a cleaning and renovation period. Also, the last big York party had a bunch of hired Little People to be Eugenie's Seven Dwarfs as it was a fancy-dress shindig and she was Snow White. The Household would probably like to sidestep the possibility of a party where physically challenged people are shipped in to be props for royals in costume.

Charles will probably have more than one party. One at BP for donors to his causes, one for family at another Crown property and one for his loyal cadre of old friends at Highgrove.

I don't see Bea getting a Windsor Castle party in August, when it is tourist season and/or a cleaning and renovation period. Also, the last big York party had a bunch of hired Little People to be Eugenie's Seven Dwarfs as it was a fancy-dress shindig and she was Snow White. The Household would probably like to sidestep the possibility of a party where physically challenged people are shipped in to be props for royals in costume.

Yes, because the only possible party that could be held is one with little people :bang: It's her 30th birthday, there will be some kind of celebration. Since the family home is at Windsor Great Park, Royal lodge, it will likely be at Windsor. Just not at the castle which is what I said. I highly doubt the queen would protest celebrating her granddaughter's 30th birthday.

If they do what they did for his 60th, there will be 2 events for Charles. A huge gala thrown by the queen at Buckingham palace, and a private event thrown by Charles at Highgrove.

Let's stay on topic...the family and background of Jack Brooksbank.

Any and all off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Jack Christopher Stamp Brooksbank apparently inherited his other names from family members as well.

According to the following article (posted earlier) he was named Jack after his great-grandfather, Sir John "Jack" Coke.

Princess Eugenie's fiance is every bit as posh as she is! - cetusnews

And Christopher was the name of his maternal grandmother's brother Christopher Holland who was killed at the age 21 while serving in World War II.

Jack's grandmother Joanna (Holland) Newton speaks of her brother:

http://www.lancaster-lm658.co.uk/la...-lieutenant-christopher-holland/#.Wm8Ca6inGM9

Back
Top Bottom