Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I've always thought that Beatrice would go for a more high profile wedding and Eugenie for a lower profile wedding.
The real challenge may be to curtail their mother's tendency to use her association with the Royal family to promote her various schemes. Hopefully Sarah will let her daughters' be the focus on their wedding days and not go giving interviews hither and yon.
I wonder if whomever bought it could loan the Duchess of Cambridge the hat Beatrice wore to the Cambridges' wedding for a repeat wearing:devil:

I feel that the hope that Sarah wouldn't be excitedly giving interviews here there and everywhere pre her daughters' weddings is a forlorn one, sndral!

I'm sure I read that Sarah said in an interview shortly after the Cambridge wedding that Beatrice was going to turn 'all the hurtful publicity' (paraphrasing here) to good account by auctioning her hat online for charity. I never heard any more, and don't know whether the auction went ahead. I suppose Kate might be able to find out and 'rescue' it to wear.

I feel that the hope that Sarah wouldn't be excitedly giving interviews here there and everywhere pre her daughters' weddings is a forlorn one, sndral!

I'm sure I read that Sarah said in an interview shortly after the Cambridge wedding that Beatrice was going to turn 'all the hurtful publicity' (paraphrasing here) to good account by auctioning her hat online for charity. I never heard any more, and don't know whether the auction went ahead. I suppose Kate might be able to find out and 'rescue' it to wear.

Kate would never wear that. She has impeccable taste, imo.

I still can't believe she wore that hat what a rude look at me statement. Anyway like everyone else I'm looking forward to one day seeing the York sisters marry.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The hat went for 81,000 pounds at auction and the money was donated to Children in Crisis

Princess Beatrice's hat is sold for £81,100 on eBay | Latest | News | UNICEF UK

It's being reported on like it's really official for some reason.

:previous: By the Express. BBC confirmed with York its fake. DM already fixed their article that it is fake. As has the Mirror.

Peter Hunt Verified account  ‏@BBCPeterHunt · 8h8 hours ago

A spokesman for @SarahTheDuchess told @BBCNews : There are no plans for Princess Eugenie to marry her boyfriend, Jack Brooksbank, next year.

I couldn't be a reporter and reporting false information. I would be too embarrassed to do so, and I wouldn't want to loose any respect from my peers and readers.

I still think Beatrice will be the first to get married. Her and Dave could work it out.

Last edited:
According to this report (at the very end) it says the Yorks are with the Queen in Balmoral his weekend. Perhaps this might be why the denial was so quick.

I couldn't be a reporter and reporting false information. I would be too embarrassed to do so, and I wouldn't want to loose any respect from my peers and readers.

I still think Beatrice will be the first to get married. Her and Dave could work it out.

What respect? Royal reporting is not generally considered a very high ranking profession...
I wonder if it is true.

I think that they will sit on Sarah if one of the girls is getting married. I'd say that the Queen will pay for it and make sure that that controls her ex daughter in laws behaviour. Then again, she didn't seem to be able to stop Pippa M from wearing that awful dress. Well it is the queens own fault, she should never have allowed Sarah to Marry Andy...

I woudln't take that too seriously. They may be planning to marry but its not all worked out yet, so they will issue denials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla Tominey has retweet a link to the article in the past half hour despite the denials other newspapers are reporting so I wonder what she is basing this on?

What respect? Royal reporting is not generally considered a very high ranking profession...
I wonder if it is true.

Being a reporter is a great profession regardless. I would want to make sure what I'm reporting on is fair, balanced and resourced by factual resources.

Why is this news is still being pushed, when Sarah's camp denied it?

I've always thought Camilla Toimney was quite reliable. The daily fail writers less so. So maybe something in it?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I've always thought Camilla Toimney was quite reliable. The daily fail writers less so. So maybe something in it?
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

True or not, if my pre engagement were leaked to the press, I'd be devastated. Either way I'd feel my privacy had been violated. Buzz kill.

And I know which news agencies would never get a break from me ever again.

Just me, but after investing all this time (years!) into a committed relationship, what is the hold up??? :ermm:

Its their business? If they want to live together for 20 years, that's their business. I was just curious when I saw the story on the paper because it looked like maybe it was actualy true and they were going to get married soon...

I think people need to move past the thinking of marrying young. The average age of marriage has gone up and keeps going. For many reasons: Its considered OK to live together before marriage. Smaller families and age considered healthy to have kids has gone up (if only want 2, starting in 30's is fine. Women have careers and ambittions of their own and no longer rush to marry and have kids to get out on their own. They can do it themselves.

They may have been dating for 6 years but she only finished school 4 years ago. They also were long distance when she was in NY which can impact things. She is settling into a new career and her adult life. There is no need to rush into a new change, unless they both want it.

True, and Eugenie is so far down the line of succession that she can please herself. She need not get married, even I woudl say if she wanted a family without marriage, it woudl probalby be considered Ok

They may have been dating for 6 years but she only finished school 4 years ago. They also were long distance when she was in NY which can impact things. She is settling into a new career and her adult life. There is no need to rush into a new change, unless they both want it.

True, but these long relationships with no wedding in sight often do not end well.
And after 6 years, they are hardly rushing.

It could be true.
Perhaps Eugenie would like to get engaged; she has been with Jack for six years, seems settled in her job, and might be ready for a permanent commitment.

But now they may have decided to wait because of Beatrice's break-up.

Yes, that is very possible. If that is the case perhaps they could have worded their statement a bit differently. If an engagement is announced later in the year, the Express will be saying "we told you so", and the Yorks will be accused of lying.

Camilla Tominey has retweet a link to the article in the past half hour despite the denials other newspapers are reporting so I wonder what she is basing this on?

It does help to read the article. Camilla wrote that Eugenie and Jack were expected to become engaged by the end of the year. She did not write that they are now engaged or about to get married.

Already posted by dman and discussed. Yorks denied it to BBC and everyone but Express has fixed it.

It does help to read the article. Camilla wrote that Eugenie and Jack were expected to become engaged by the end of the year. She did not write that they are now engaged or about to get married.

What she said is they plan to be, basically it is 'understood' they are engaged to be engaged.

Sarah has told BBC that is lies, there is no understanding/plans.

He may propose say at Christmas, doesn't mean Camilla was right or Sarah lying. He has no plans (that he has spoken of at least). He may be Christmas shopping and buy a ring.

Last edited:
Already posted by dman and discussed. Yorks denied it to BBC and everyone but Express has fixed it.

What she said is they plan to be, basically it is 'understood' they are engaged to be engaged.

Sarah has told BBC that is lies, there is no understanding/plans.

He may propose say at Christmas, doesn't mean Camilla was right or Sarah lying. He has no plans (that he has spoken of at least). He may be Christmas shopping and buy a ring.

Camilla has excellent sources. A piece I wrote in May Royal Musings: Perhaps an engagement ....

The Harper Bazaar article is just too conveniently planted

True, but these long relationships with no wedding in sight often do not end well.
And after 6 years, they are hardly rushing.

True and people who rush into marriage without knowing each other long, often dont end well either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom