Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen adores her granddaughters, whatever wedding Beatrice would want, The Queen will make sure she gets.

The Queen adores her granddaughters, whatever wedding Beatrice would want, The Queen will make sure she gets.

The adoration of the Queen most likely will not be different for Zara Phillips or Louise of Wessex. The grandmotherly adoration does not automatically mean that now London will come to a standstill because of a grand royal wedding. My guess is: when she goes for big, it will be St George's in Windsor. Also because she lives on Royal Lodge, in the very same Windsor estate.

:flowers:

The adoration of the Queen most likely will not be different for Zara Phillips or Louise of Wessex. The grandmotherly adoration does not automatically mean that now London will come to a standstill because of a grand royal wedding. My guess is: when she goes for big, it will be St George's in Windsor. Also because she lives on Royal Lodge, in the very same Windsor estate.

I don't think Beatrice would reach for a grand standstill wedding. Still it will be what Beatrice have in mind.

I don't even know that Harry would get a big wedding. The Yorks definitely aren't getting one.

It's going to be like Peter or Zara's.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm pretty sure Harry will get a big wedding just like Prince Andrew got it back when it was his turn.

Princess Beatrice, on the other hand, would only get a big wedding if she married a member of another royal house. Unfortunately, that is very unlikely to happen.

I think Beatrice would have a wedding more in line with Zara's and Peters. Private but not really private if you know what I mean. It won't be televised but we will get plenty of pictures. I wonder if she would follow Peter's lead and get money from Hello for the pictures? Sarah did that when they were babies it's a way to help pay for a very expensive wedding.

Not so sure. The Queen is very indulgent towards Andrew. He will probably get what he wants- again.

I think Beatrice would have a wedding more in line with Zara's and Peters. Private but not really private if you know what I mean. It won't be televised but we will get plenty of pictures. I wonder if she would follow Peter's lead and get money from Hello for the pictures? Sarah did that when they were babies it's a way to help pay for a very expensive wedding.

Not if Prince Andrew has anything to say about it! Both Zara and Peter had weddings that were-except for the locations-as un-Royal as could be, imo. I once heard Andrew tell Meredith Viera of NBC very distinctly that while his girls were natural and down to Earth thanks to the influence of their mother-they were not "average girls...they are Royal princesses."

He will see to it that their weddings reflect that, and QEII will back him every step of the way if she is alive to do so:cool:.

I would think that the girls and their partners decide what kind of wedding they want, the wishes of the parents/family have nothing to do with it. Their grandmothers wishes exempted of course.

This is how I imagine both Beatrice and Eugenie's weddings to be like. Like others I also think they're more likely to marry in a smaller chapel like St. George's in Windsor rather than somewhere large like Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral.

I would love it if a royal wedding were held at Hampton Court but it's quite far from Sunninghill. The only royal wedding I can recall occurring at Hampton Court is Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor.

Last edited:
Now that neither girl needs the Queen's permission to marry they can legally marry without any fanfare at all. They could marry wherever they wish and announce that they are married afterwards and I can see Eugenie doing that. She doesn't seem to really want a lot to do with the royal fanfare.

^ Right on point. Beatrice is the one more likely to go for something snazzy, best quote about their personalities comes from Eugenie in 2008.

"Beatrice loves her glamorous dresses and her hair being curly or big -- like Mummy's -- and I *despise* volume. I like my hair to be sort of flat," Eugenie tells The Telegraph. "I like just throwing on a pair of jeans and generally being more understated. She is more 'Let's do the glamour.' We're chalk and cheese."

^ Right on point. Beatrice is the one more likely to go for something snazzy, best quote about their personalities comes from Eugenie in 2008.

That quote from Eugenie explains a lot! And, assuming her view on the subject hasn't changed over the past 7 years, it makes me like her and want to defend her clothing and hairdo choices rather than mock them, which I admit I have done. She isn't trying to be smart or glamorous, so she's not failing, she's just being herself.

I would be delighted if, when the time comes, she goes off and has a quiet, understated wedding that isn't made public till it is over.

I think Andrew would fight for and urge weddings he considers 'appropriate' for his princesses. Both from the POV of a doting father and someone who wants to give his girls Royal trappings and present them as a Queens Grand daughters... He glories in being a prince and being who he is:)

I think Beatrice at least will want a royal wedding more like William's than Zara's. Just the impression I get.
Eugenie might prefer something more low-key.

I think Andrew would fight for and urge weddings he considers 'appropriate' for his princesses. Both from the POV of a doting father and someone who wants to give his girls Royal trappings and present them as a Queens Grand daughters... He glories in being a prince and being who he is:)

So he's a bullying busy-body who always wants things done his way and doesn't respect his daughters' wishes? It will be their wedding, not his. He had his shot.

I firmly believe that it is the people who are getting married who should get to choose the style of their wedding. It's their day and they shouldn't have to have a big, fancy, public, shindig just because that's what their parents want. Parents should respect their children's wishes on the subject. If Beatrice and Eugenie want the Royal trappings, fine, but, if they don't, they shouldn't have to have them.

I think if the couple is paying for it then yes they get to call all the shots. If mom/dad are paying for it then there should be some compromise if needed. Most parents want their kids to have the wedding they want to have...still sometimes it is good to have a stabilizing influence or another voice about some things.

LaRae

:previous: That is possible, but not likely, imo. They have both been steadily dating the same guy for some time. Especially Bea and Dave have been together for ages. Imo the weddings will come once they reach the phase of their lives when they want to start a family.

I can see the future York weddings being slightly bigger and than the Philips weddings, but nowhere near as big as the Cambridge wedding. I'm sure that it will be a lot of fun to watch the pics, but I can't imagine a broadcast of the services.

What if no york wedding is going to happen at all?:ROFLMAO::lol:

I would worry more about Harry then them; they have had a longtime boyfriends, while Harry is still searching and cannot find the one.
It's highly possible that Beatrice (95% sure) and maybe even Eugenie would go to the altar before their cousin.

I think if the couple is paying for it then yes they get to call all the shots. If mom/dad are paying for it then there should be some compromise if needed. Most parents want their kids to have the wedding they want to have...still sometimes it is good to have a stabilizing influence or another voice about some things.

LaRae

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. IMO it's the children's wedding, no matter who's paying for it. Their parents should stay out of the planning and organising, IMO, and not try to get their own way via the financial manipulation route.

Parents being parents esp fathers concerning daughters are going to have opinions and usually state them. You absolutely know Sarah is going to get involved in the wedding details as is natural being the mother so Andrew will want a suitable grandness for the occasion.

It will be up to Bea and Eug to not let these two take control and let them know who makes the final decisions.

It will be up to Bea and Eug to not let these two take control and let them know who makes the final decisions.

There's no reason to think either girl would not want a lavish wedding.
Beatrice at least seems to want the Royal lifestyle and all the trappings that go with it.

Then she should have it. A womans wedding day should be exactly as she wishes.... Does not matter what her status is or what the public thinks.It is not as if they are on budget so if she wishes showers of roses and castles and champaigne wishes and caviar dreams why not?

I would worry more about Harry then them; they have had a longtime boyfriends, while Harry is still searching and cannot find the one.
It's highly possible that Beatrice (95% sure) and maybe even Eugenie would go to the altar before their cousin.

Regarding the Yorks' cousin Prince Henry: we have seen with the Prince of Monaco (then aged 47) and the current King of the Belgians (then aged 40) that marrying at an advanced age is not at all a problem... And then we are not at all talking about a Heir, in the case of Prince Henry.

[...] Does not matter what her status is or what the public thinks. [...]

I disagree. When the centre of London has to be closed off because a Mr Dave Clark marries one of the Queen's granddaughters, with all disruptions, congestions, re-scheduled transportation, un-reachable commercial areas and touristic destinations, etc. then one can not say that it does not matter what the public thinks.

The best option to keep the disruption for the public as small as possible is to marry at Windsor Castle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the Yorks' cousin Prince Henry: we have seen with the Prince of Monaco (then aged 47) and the current King of the Belgians (then aged 40) that marrying at an advanced age is not at all a problem... And then we are not at all talking about a Heir, in the case of Prince Henry.

Their uncle Edward also showed that waiting and marrying late actually works out better. I believe Edward was 35 when he married - Harry is only 30/31 so he can wait a few more years!

I hope the York weddings are on the same level as the Phillips weddings as they are private citizens. I can't see the Queen allowing for a big shebang for the girls - long gone are the days when all the King or Queen's grandchildren have huge weddings.

Beatrice is only 26.
The wedding may take place in Switzerland, especially if the Queen and Philip are no longer alive when Beatrice is ready for marriage.

She can have her story book wedding in any country.

If the Queen and/or Philip are alive she may have a small church service in the U.K. followed by a grand wedding on the continent.

Their uncle Edward also showed that waiting and marrying late actually works out better. I believe Edward was 35 when he married - Harry is only 30/31 so he can wait a few more years!
King Constantin & Queen Anne-Marie of Greece got married when he was 24 and she 18 and they are still together and happy.
It's an individual choice and depends from many factors, not just biological age.
Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein was 27, just like Beatrice when she married Amadeo - and they had (reportedly) shorter relationship than Beatrice & David Clark.

I just had this thought. Depending on IF Charles has had any kind of talk with any of the Yorks about the role he sees Bea and Eug during his reign, they may or may not be certain about their (Bea and Eug's) future. It follows that their suitors would not have a clear idea of the future either. That loads the whole marriage question with a lot of uncertainty.
It has always seemed to me that currently, Bea and Eug are not needed for full time official engagements. And that they and their Dad know this.
Bea's apparent willingness to wait however, leads me to believe that there are if/then scenarios in which she could play a full time official engagement role at some point in her life. Eugenie seemed to me to come to the conclusion that waiting is not enough for her.
And if I were their significant other this uncertainty would indeed play a role in our futures together. :ermm:

If the Queen and/or Philip are alive she may have a small church service in the U.K. followed by a grand wedding on the continent.

Do you think there's a real possibility she would do this? This is a serious question. I can't imagine why she would have two weddings. I know in some countries people have a civil wedding and a church wedding because the church wedding isn't able to be a legal wedding, but why would an Anglican have a second wedding after a church wedding in England? Is it a real possibility? Do people actually do this? I can envisage her having a whopping big party on the continent, sure, but a big second wedding with a wedding dress and vows and stuff? Why would anyone do that?

Do you think there's a real possibility she would do this? This is a serious question. I can't imagine why she would have two weddings. I know in some countries people have a civil wedding and a church wedding because the church wedding isn't able to be a legal wedding, but why would an Anglican have a second wedding after a church wedding in England? Is it a real possibility? Do people actually do this? I can envisage her having a whopping big party on the continent, sure, but a big second wedding with a wedding dress and vows and stuff? Why would anyone do that?

I really think that highly unlikely. I think people may be overloading on the week long Borromeo/Casiraghi wedding festivities. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom