Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot agree with you. The Queen and DoE will lose my respect (only a tiny bit, though), if they skip those weddings just because of Sarah.
Anyways, "THE FIRM" must have already worked out everything about that, though. But we will be fighting, arguing, speculating till that day..:lol:

As they didn't attend their big birthdays because of Sarah why would they suddenly turn around and attend a wedding - they have not attended any other events in the girls' lives when Sarah is present.

Come on, birthdays come every year..Wedding is once in a lifetime..
You just cannot compare both of them..
Whatever all we can do is wait and watch..Seems still a long way..

Actually weddings aren't a 'once in a lifetime' thing - Charles and Anne have done it twice and some famous people have done it many more times than that but you do only have one 'coming of age' birthday.

That is the real 'once in a lifetime' thing - and The Queen and Philip didn't attend that once in a lifetime birthday for the girls.

I don't know why people think The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh is that cold.

They would most likely attend Beatrice's future wedding is they are physically able to do so. They wouldn't miss the wedding just because Sarah would be there. Sarah may have been put aside due to her divorce but they wouldn't hurt Beatrice by not attending because of her mother. The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh isn't like that. They love their granddaughter.

Don't think The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh is filled with too much hate for Sarah as for people to like it to be. Most likely Sarah will be attending their funerals, as she did for The Queen Mother.

Why, oh why, are you wasting your time on this? I can't believe that either QEII or the DofE would miss a grandchild's wedding. Are you kidding me with this dribble?

Sarah not only went to the Queen Mother's funeral, but if I remember correctly, she also attended Diana's funeral and SAT with the royal family!

Why, oh why, are you wasting your time on this? I can't believe that either QEII or the DofE would miss a grandchild's wedding. Are you kidding me with this dribble?

Sarah not only went to the Queen Mother's funeral, but if I remember correctly, she also attended Diana's funeral and SAT with the royal family!

It's not dribble. As shown by other posters both QEII and DOE haven't attended special events in their grandchildrens life, more than likely because Sarah was there.

Attending Diana's funeral and where she sat has little bearing on family relations as that entire day was a 'makeshift' event. At The Queen Mother's funeral at Westminster Abbey she was forced to sit apart from her children and not join the rest of the royal party, she was there because she was once a member. Same goes for the Diana memorial in 2007.

I can see QEII and DOE not attending either wedding, I can also see them attending.

As long as neither York wedding is paid for with taxpayers money I don't see a problem with them being as grand as they like.

York weddings, in some way, will be paid for by taxpayers money. It's a certainty.

Unless they were to marry with no forewarning there will need to be security due to who will be attending the wedding e.g. some members of the BRF will probably attend (not convinced that The Queen, Philip and any of the Wales would - due to Sarah being there and in a prominent position as the mother of the brides) but some will and that will mean some public needing some level of security.

I would love for Beatrice to announce one day - 'I was married to xxxx last Saturday - no press allowed and no photos will be released - granny gave her consent on Friday'.

The costs of security for any family members attending the weddings of the York girls do not, IMO, make the events "paid for by taxpayers money". If any of the attending members require security that is funded by the state, those are costs associated with the said individual, not the event they are attending. In relation to costs of security, IMO, this is no different than a member of a royal family attending a private engagement, visiting the cinema, or going out for a meal.

It's not dribble. As shown by other posters both QEII and DOE haven't attended special events in their grandchildrens life, more than likely because Sarah was there.

Attending Diana's funeral and where she sat has little bearing on family relations as that entire day was a 'makeshift' event. At The Queen Mother's funeral at Westminster Abbey she was forced to sit apart from her children and not join the rest of the royal party, she was there because she was once a member. Same goes for the Diana memorial in 2007.

I can see QEII and DOE not attending either wedding, I can also see them attending.

Doesn't matter that Sarah sat apart from the family at The Queen Mother's funeral, that was already expected. The point is that she was there.

The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh most likely didn't attend Beatrice's birthday party because it was a party for the young. The Queen was very kind to allow the party to take place at Windsor. They all had a good time from what I see.

Doesn't matter that Sarah sat apart from the family at The Queen Mother's funeral, that was already expected. The point is that she was there.

Exactly. She was invited as she knew the Queen Mother for a number of years and she was paying her respects. Camilla was even invited.

I would think the Queen would of course attend her Grandchildren's wedding, whether their mother was there or not. Sarah was invited to watch Andrew be installed into the Order of The Garter in 2006, and of course the Queen was there.

Exactly. She was invited as she knew the Queen Mother for a number of years and she was paying her respects. Camilla was even invited.

Which makes the fact Sarah was invited even less significant if Camilla went IMO.

Which makes the fact Sarah was invited even less significant if Camilla went IMO.

Why? Both women knew the Queen Mother, and perhaps the Queen Mother wasn't their biggest fan, they are still human and wanted to pay their respects. It would have been worse had Camilla attended Diana's funeral (but we know she would never have attended as that would have been very disrespectful), but even Sophie didn't attend Diana's funeral.

Why? Both women knew the Queen Mother, and perhaps the Queen Mother wasn't their biggest fan, they are still human and wanted to pay their respects. It would have been worse had Camilla attended Diana's funeral (but we know she would never have attended as that would have been very disrespectful), but even Sophie didn't attend Diana's funeral.

Why? Because it's Camilla at a royal event. That's massive! The biggest thing for me, Sarah didn't attend Diana's memorial because she felt shunned by the royal family. This was specifically after an invite from William and Henry. The woman isn't wanted.

Unless the wedding is overseas I cannot see either HM or HRH missing it, especially if it is a public or semi public wedding such as at St Georges, if only for PR reasons. At the end of the day the girls are their grandchildren, and really one can avoid talking to the mother of the bride if one really wants to especially if there are a few hundred other guests.

We see something like 5% of the private interaction between royals. Birthday party celebrations with lots of young friends, music etc would automatically become more formal in the presence of the Queen. I think Granny stays away in order to let them have more fun. However, I'm pretty sure in my own mind that Granny did meet up with them on or close to their birthdays. I don't think it's anything to do with Sarah at all.

As for the weddings, St George's , Windsor with all the Royals present, probably on the same scale as the wedding of Zara and Mike. Sarah will be there and everyone will be happy for those getting married.

The media and various fora will have a field day!

I believe that I have read that the Queen and DoE in fact attended Will and Harry's major milestone birthdays - Will's 21st comes to mind, and while the Queen paid for Beatrice and Eugenie's birthdays, did not attend because Sarah was there.

In these big birthdays, I believe that the Queen and other senior members attend for a time, and then leave the younger set to party all night, so after a certain time in the evening, the tenor of the party changes and it is for the younger set.

While the Queen can do nothing wrong in my book, if these facts are true, the Queen in fact did something wrong, IMO. I don't follow Fergie, but what has she done that is so dastardly in the minds of the BRF that she deserves such a shunning? I'm sure someone will answer me. Has she committed a crime? Is it because she cheated on Andrew? If so, are they not aware of their son Charles' first marriage and how it ended (or began, for that matter....). I have read that some of Andrew's business dealings are a bit eyebrow raising, are they not? Where does this animosity spring from?

Beatrice and Eugenie's weddings will be very, very tricky. I believe that the Queen and DoE will attend because the PR would be so bad - unless Sarah is a convicted felon or something similar, how could the Queen miss the weddings of her granddaughters, HRHs and approximately 6th and 7th in line to the throne? Their absence would not only be a real slight to their granddaughters, but it would cause a public sideshow that would ruin their days.

I would not say I'm Andrew or Sarah's greatest fan, but they've done something right - they managed to put aside a lot of personal differences and raise two daughters in a non-hostile atmosphere, something very difficult for divorced people (or some married people! :lol:)

Gracie, not wanting to go off topic but you might want to take a gander at the "Cash for Access" thread.

Last edited:
I don't see The Queen and Prince Philip hurting their grandchildren by not attending their weddings because of their mother's past mistakes. If they're not sick or something, they will be there.

I do think the royals dislike of Sarah is overplayed in the media.

The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh most likely didn't attend Beatrice's birthday party because it was a party for the young. The Queen was very kind to allow the party to take place at Windsor. They all had a good time from what I see.

William and Harry's coming of age parties were also for young people but they both attended those birthday parties. Same with Zara and Peter's - it was only Beatrice's they didn't attend as Eugenie didn't even have one - probably because she knew her grandparents wouldn't attend because her mother was there.

Philip's hatred for Sarah is well known and The Queen is ruled by Philip in family matters.

That is why I see the girls marrying overseas or having very small intimate weddings.

I don't see The Queen and Prince Philip hurting their grandchildren by not attending their weddings because of their mother's past mistakes. If they're not sick or something, they will be there.

I do think the royals dislike of Sarah is overplayed in the media.

I agree. Barring illness - I can't see anything keeping HM and the DoE from their granddaughters weddings.

William and Harry's coming of age parties were also for young people but they both attended those birthday parties. Same with Zara and Peter's - it was only Beatrice's they didn't attend as Eugenie didn't even have one - probably because she knew her grandparents wouldn't attend because her mother was there.

Philip's hatred for Sarah is well known and The Queen is ruled by Philip in family matters.

That is why I see the girls marrying overseas or having very small intimate weddings.

I thought for Williams at least they did attend but left early to leave the young ones to it? It just happened that the whole comedy terrorist/royal security thing kicked off while HM and DoE were there so its assumed they attended the whole thing.
At Zara's wedding I think HM and the DoE left for Balmoral after the dinner but before the "proper" party began so I think they would do exactly the same for the York girls. Anything else would be pounced on by the media. Afterall at the actual ceremony they could arrive and leave without even needing to speak to Sarah at all, I really just don't think HM would miss one of her grandchildren's wedding while she was still physically able to attend.

If I were Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, I'd be very hurt if my grandparents did not attend my wedding.

I don't think the Queen, nor the Duke of Edinburgh, will miss their granddaughters' weddings.

In most families, there are relatives who don't get on, especially after a divorce. People usually manage to put their feelings aside and put up with each other at a wedding rather than ruin the day for the happy couple, and I'm sure the royals would be no different. Diana's parents divorced on very bad terms but managed to be polite to each other for their children's weddings.

And I don't think that Sarah is so hated by the Royal Family. After all, she's still living in a Royal residence.

And I'll never rule out the possibility of remarriage between Prince Andrew and Sarah. Maybe after the deaths of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

:previous:Oh for God's sake please dont bring back the topic of remarriage of Andrew and Sarah..The eternal fairy-tale immortal lovers separated by the evil vily Philip..waiting for him to die so that then can marry again and live happily forever..

Yup, I already pointed out a few posts back that if Queen and DoE loathed Sarah that much, they would have never let Andrew give her "asylum" in the Royal Lodge..

Last edited:
No, The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh wouldn't miss their granddaughter's weddings because of Sarah. I think despite past issues, they would be nothing but nice to Sarah upon encounting her at the future weddings.

It would be bad form on The Queen & Prince Philip's part to put past issues ahead of the happiness of Beatrice or Eugenie's wedding day. They know how Sarah is loved by her daughters and how much Sarah love her children. Also, despite past issues, Andrew remain very close to Sarah and would want the family to be together on a joyous occasion.

The family hatred for Sarah is overplayed, IMO.

:previous:Oh for God's sake please dont bring back the topic of remarriage of Andrew and Sarah..The eternal fairy-tale immortal lovers separated by the evil vily Philip..waiting for him to die so that then can marry again and live happily forever..

Yup, I already pointed out a few posts back that if Queen and DoE loathed Sarah that much, they would have never let Andrew give her "asylum" in the Royal Lodge..

Evil vily Philip's part its up to your imagination. I was just suggesting that I believe it's possible for Andrew and Sarah to remarry.

And I don't think this is off topic in a thread called "Future York weddings".

Thats what everyone means when they say "they will marry after the death of Philip"..Isnt it? If they wanted to marry they could have married long back, who stopped them..
And, it didnt really strike to anyone that "the Future York Weddings" thread also covers the prospective re-marriage of Andrew and Sarah.. Technically correct, but it was extensively discussed to saturation in the thread "Andrew-Sarah: Marriage,Divorce"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom