The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think either of the York princesses will have televised weddings. Actually, I would hazard a prediction that their weddings will be handled very similar to Pippa and James Matthews' wedding. Photographs and media attention but no TV coverage or pictures of the actual ceremony.

Although the York girls are princesses of the blood, they are actually more or less private citizens as they don't work for the "Firm" and they do not represent the Queen. I can't see the government of the day alloting the funds for security and whatever for a very public wedding as they would perhaps do for Harry if and when he marries.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Do you think weddings of York sisters will be broadcast on TV?
The actual wedding, no. But like Zara's wedding I'm sure there will be extensive coverage of the arrivals and departures, unless they have secluded weddings on a private island or inside a palace/royal estate.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although the York girls are princesses of the blood, they are actually more or less private citizens as they don't work for the "Firm" and they do not represent the Queen. I can't see the government of the day alloting the funds for security and whatever for a very public wedding as they would perhaps do for Harry if and when he marries.

I expect they'd do like Peter and Zara, and sell coverage to Hello! or People.

(Though really, I'm starting to wonder whether Eugenie and Jack will go the way of Beatrice and Dave.)
Old 09-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
(Though really, I'm starting to wonder whether Eugenie and Jack will go the way of Beatrice and Dave.)
Why do you suppose so? Is there a crisis in their relationship?
Old 09-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I expect they'd do like Peter and Zara, and sell coverage to Hello! or People.

Can you expand a little further? You were right about Pippa and Nico, so you seem good at sensing impending break-ups.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

They may or may not broadcast the wedding this time, but if they do I suspect it will be the last time for royals who are not in the direct line. I can't imagine the future weddings of the Wessex-children will be televised for example. The trend is to downsize and focus on the core.

In my own country all four Van Vollenhoven weddings were televised, but I am sure that this will not be the case for the children of f.e. Prince Constantijn. In Belgium they did release some parts of the ceremony of prince Amedeo and Elisabetta RvW to the press but they did not broadcast it live or completely. Maybe it is an option to do the same thing in this case.

Back in the day, the weddings of the duke of Kent and his sister Alexandra were televised but the wedding of the now duke of Gloucester was not.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Can you expand a little further? You were right about Pippa and Nico, so you seem good at sensing impending break-ups.
It's simply that I'm not a fan of long courtships. Eugenie and Jack have been dating around eight years.
It's my belief that, if a couple has been together longer than a year and haven't moved to the next level, then there won't be a next level.

Unless, of course, there is a reason (Like William attending Sandhurst, doing pilot training, etc.)

But with Eugenie and Jack, there is no reason, just like there wasn't a reason for Pippa/Nico or Beatrice/Dave.
So I say it's not going to happen.

(I know some will say that they are happy as they are; I don't buy it).
Old 09-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Do they live together or not?
Old 09-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Future York Weddings

Jack was in the process starting up his wine business. Maybe he didn't want to be accused using his relationship with Eugenie as cashing on his royal connections.

No one here knows them personally, they are private individuals. Eugenie isn't getting any taxpayer funds so when and how they decide to marry is totally up to them.

If they have been dating for 8 years, Eugenie was only 19 when they started. She still had go to university and find a career since she wasn't going to be a working royal
Old 09-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
No, I don't. Although they are good friends, fond of each other and have been great at co-parenting their daughters I believe all the passion and in-love feelings have vanished long ago. IMO they've long since moved on from being a married couple, (and for all sorts of reasons their union wasn't a raving success) and so they'll remain as they are.
I think they might remarry when Charles (or William) is king. I don't think they will do it while the Queen and Prince Philip are still alive, even if the Queen's formal consent is no longer legally required.

I disagree with Curryong though in the sense that, in their own way, I think they still have feelings for each other and are not just friends and co-parents. And I suspect Sarah would like having a title again and being back to official royal events as a formal member of the family. That is a topic for another thread though.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Jack was in the process starting up his wine business. Maybe he didn't want to be accused using his relationship with Eugenie as cashing on his royal connections.

No one here knows them personally, they are private individuals. Eugenie isn't getting any taxpayer funds so when and how they decide to marry is totally up to them.

If they have been dating for 8 years, Eugenie was only 19 when they started. She still had go to university and find a career since she wasn't going to be a working royal

Didn't Jack start that wine business nearly three years ago?
And Eugenie has been out of university for a long time.
And yet they are not even engaged, let alone married.

So I'm thinking they will not be. (Of course, I could be wrong.)
Old 09-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Most businesses don't become successful overnight. Why does it even matter if and when they marry?
Old 09-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

As a side note: Jack Brooksbank is UK brand ambassador for Casamigos, which George Clooney and his partner(s) have just sold for about $1billion. It's possible that Jack may have owned a few shares of it, also. IMO

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Another York wedding related question: In april next year, or somewhere around that point, prince Andrew will be moved from 6'th to 7'th in line of succession. He then no longer needs the queens permission to marry. For those of you who follow the Yorks more closely than me - do you think that Andrew and Sarah will remarry once he no longer needs permission?

If you had asked me about 10-15 years ago I would have said yes. But now not so much. Too much time has passed and Sarah has put her foot in it one too many times. So has Andrew for that matter and in that way they are kind of made for one another but no, I think that ship has sailed.

Which is a shame, because as hard as it is to remember now, they were once a great couple. Just looking at them made me believe in soul-mates and true love.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Most businesses don't become successful overnight. Why does it even matter if and when they marry?

I didn't say it did matter.
It doesn't to anyone else.

But I was asked why I think they might split up, and that is why.
Either people are committed to each other, or they're not.

If they've been together eight years and no ring, then in my opinion they are not.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Commitment doesn't need a ring. There are plenty of committed couples who aren't married and there are plenty of married couples who aren't committed to each other
Old 09-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
If you had asked me about 10-15 years ago I would have said yes. But now not so much. Too much time has passed and Sarah has put her foot in it one too many times. So has Andrew for that matter and in that way they are kind of made for one another but no, I think that ship has sailed.

Which is a shame, because as hard as it is to remember now, they were once a great couple. Just looking at them made me believe in soul-mates and true love.
Yep I'm with you on this...I really thought at one point they'd remarry...but now don't think it will ever happen...and really I guess there is no reason for them to marry.

LaRae
Old 09-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Commitment doesn't need a ring. There are plenty of committed couples who aren't married and there are plenty of married couples who aren't committed to each other

Perhaps, but to me, the willingness to marry is an indication of commitment.
Does it always work out?
Of course not!

But I do think couples who are reluctant to take that step already have one eye on the door.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I seriously don't think Andrew and Sarah will remarry for the simple reason being that with the relationship they have right now, it works perfectly for the both of them and they have the best of both worlds. Together when they want to be and able to be their own single selves when they want to be.

If a couple has the happiest divorce on earth as Sarah says, why fix it?
Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Why remarry? She can do as she pleases without the circus that follows the family.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding