The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2016, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie in 2017 Royal wedding as James Brooksbank to propose THIS YEAR | Royal | News | Daily Express

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-14-2016, 02:50 AM
Royal Highness

Which Fergie is emphatically denies.

Princess Eugenie 'will wed long-term boyfriend James Brookbank' in 2017 | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-14-2016, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's being reported on like it's really official for some reason.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-14-2016, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

By the Express. BBC confirmed with York its fake. DM already fixed their article that it is fake. As has the Mirror.

Quote:
Peter Hunt Verified account  ‏@BBCPeterHunt · 8h8 hours ago

A spokesman for @SarahTheDuchess told @BBCNews : There are no plans for Princess Eugenie to marry her boyfriend, Jack Brooksbank, next year.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

I couldn't be a reporter and reporting false information. I would be too embarrassed to do so, and I wouldn't want to loose any respect from my peers and readers.

I still think Beatrice will be the first to get married. Her and Dave could work it out.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-14-2016, 06:13 AM
Nobility

According to this report (at the very end) it says the Yorks are with the Queen in Balmoral his weekend. Perhaps this might be why the denial was so quick.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I couldn't be a reporter and reporting false information. I would be too embarrassed to do so, and I wouldn't want to loose any respect from my peers and readers.

I still think Beatrice will be the first to get married. Her and Dave could work it out.
What respect? Royal reporting is not generally considered a very high ranking profession...
I wonder if it is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I feel that the hope that Sarah wouldn't be excitedly giving interviews here there and everywhere pre her daughters' weddings is a forlorn one, sndral!

I think that they will sit on Sarah if one of the girls is getting married. I'd say that the Queen will pay for it and make sure that that controls her ex daughter in laws behaviour. Then again, she didn't seem to be able to stop Pippa M from wearing that awful dress. Well it is the queens own fault, she should never have allowed Sarah to Marry Andy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I woudln't take that too seriously. They may be planning to marry but its not all worked out yet, so they will issue denials.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:56 AM
Serene Highness

Camilla Tominey has retweet a link to the article in the past half hour despite the denials other newspapers are reporting so I wonder what she is basing this on?
Old 08-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
According to this report (at the very end) it says the Yorks are with the Queen in Balmoral his weekend. Perhaps this might be why the denial was so quick.
Sorry, forgot the link.

Did Eugenie’s marriage plans help cause Bea’s split from boyfriend? | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 08-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

It could be true.
Perhaps Eugenie would like to get engaged; she has been with Jack for six years, seems settled in her job, and might be ready for a permanent commitment.

But now they may have decided to wait because of Beatrice's break-up.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
What respect? Royal reporting is not generally considered a very high ranking profession...
I wonder if it is true.
Being a reporter is a great profession regardless. I would want to make sure what I'm reporting on is fair, balanced and resourced by factual resources.

Why is this news is still being pushed, when Sarah's camp denied it?

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

I've always thought Camilla Toimney was quite reliable. The daily fail writers less so. So maybe something in it?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-14-2016, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I've always thought Camilla Toimney was quite reliable. The daily fail writers less so. So maybe something in it?
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
True or not, if my pre engagement were leaked to the press, I'd be devastated. Either way I'd feel my privacy had been violated. Buzz kill.

And I know which news agencies would never get a break from me ever again.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Just me, but after investing all this time (years!) into a committed relationship, what is the hold up???
Old 08-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

Its their business? If they want to live together for 20 years, that's their business. I was just curious when I saw the story on the paper because it looked like maybe it was actualy true and they were going to get married soon...
Old 08-14-2016, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I think people need to move past the thinking of marrying young. The average age of marriage has gone up and keeps going. For many reasons: Its considered OK to live together before marriage. Smaller families and age considered healthy to have kids has gone up (if only want 2, starting in 30's is fine. Women have careers and ambittions of their own and no longer rush to marry and have kids to get out on their own. They can do it themselves.

They may have been dating for 6 years but she only finished school 4 years ago. They also were long distance when she was in NY which can impact things. She is settling into a new career and her adult life. There is no need to rush into a new change, unless they both want it.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

True, and Eugenie is so far down the line of succession that she can please herself. She need not get married, even I woudl say if she wanted a family without marriage, it woudl probalby be considered Ok
Old 08-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

They may have been dating for 6 years but she only finished school 4 years ago. They also were long distance when she was in NY which can impact things. She is settling into a new career and her adult life. There is no need to rush into a new change, unless they both want it.

True, but these long relationships with no wedding in sight often do not end well.
And after 6 years, they are hardly rushing.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It could be true.
Perhaps Eugenie would like to get engaged; she has been with Jack for six years, seems settled in her job, and might be ready for a permanent commitment.

But now they may have decided to wait because of Beatrice's break-up.
Yes, that is very possible. If that is the case perhaps they could have worded their statement a bit differently. If an engagement is announced later in the year, the Express will be saying "we told you so", and the Yorks will be accused of lying.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Eugenie ‘set to marry’ long term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, according to reports – Royal Central

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding