The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Between the children of her older cousins and even first cousin James there are plenty of options for flower girls and page boys.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 03-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Grace and Camilla's granddaughter Eliza were both 3 at the wedding. Louise and Margarita were 7 and 8. The page boys were 10 and 8.

Grace was already a practiced flower girl. She had served as flower girl at the wedding of Lady Katie Percy. She looks to have been a flower girl at an earlier wedding based on photos but I cant find whose.

But yes, it is all depends on the maturity/attitude. Some 3/4 year olds couldn't handle it, especially a big royal wedding.

Quote:
Between the children of her older cousins and even first cousin James there are plenty of options for flower girls and page boys.
Yes, it would be cute to see one of Peter's daughters. Or if they were to use George, pairing him with Mia as they are close in age.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Everyone just look at Princess Alexandra's wedding. Just take out the older foreign royals and put in younger ones and deposed young royals. Also instead of dignitaries and politicians put in celebrities. Now you have Beatrice's wedding. I think it will be at Westminster or St. George's.
We rarely see the Yorks at foreign royal events. We seldom or never see them socializing with foreign royals. It would surprise me to see foreign royal guests at their wedding. Note that in comparison to foreign royal weddings, the festivities and even the wedding itself of the Cambridges were spectacularly unspectacular. There were no grand jewels, no gala events. Royals were transported in stickered vans from a van-hire company. If even the Cambridges were not that wowza, I expect little. The -already broken- wedding of Lady Melissa Percy with Mr Van Straubenzee had more grandeur and jaw-dropping settings than the so-called Wedding Of The Year which seem forgotten again.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Grace and Camilla's granddaughter Eliza were both 3 at the wedding. Louise and Margarita were 7 and 8. The page boys were 10 and 8.

Grace was already a practiced flower girl. She had served as flower girl at the wedding of Lady Katie Percy. She looks to have been a flower girl at an earlier wedding based on photos but I cant find whose.

But yes, it is all depends on the maturity/attitude. Some 3/4 year olds couldn't handle it, especially a big royal wedding.

Yes, it would be cute to see one of Peter's daughters. Or if they were to use George, pairing him with Mia as they are close in age.

The littlest ones for the Cambridges wedding didn't sit through the service . They went up the aisle and then were taken behind the scenes. They rejoin the exit processional right at the end. Only the older bridesmaids and page boys sat through the service upfront next to Pippa. Maybe William remembered his only poor page boy behavior in the Abbey several years earlier for Uncle Andrew.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

While the Yorks don't attend the big royal weddings like CP/Sofia, they do attend a lot of events with the young continental aristocrats and former/minor royals as well.

Prince Amadeo and Lili's wedding
Prince Amedeo marries Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein in Rome

They attended the wedding of Joseph Getty which was filled with big names, including Piere Casiraghi and Beatrice.
Billionaire Joseph Getty marries girlfriend Sabine Ghanem, whose wedding dress raised some guest's eyebrows - Mirror Online

Along with other major society events they often attend, they probably have a fancier friends list/guest list than Will.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Gentry

What you just said perfectly explains what I meant. She has been aquatinted with many young royals and deposed young royals through weddings and charity or gala events. She has met Queen Rania and the Princess of Monaco a couple of times. And if it wouldn't be royals, aristocrats and socialites would attend.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
While the Yorks don't attend the big royal weddings like CP/Sofia, they do attend a lot of events with the young continental aristocrats and former/minor royals as well.

Along with other major society events they often attend, they probably have a fancier friends list/guest list than Will.
I don't know, I think they hang around with lots of Eurotrash.
Will they really want those people at their weddings?
If the Queen will be there?
Old 03-22-2016, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen will certainly be at the York girls' weddings IMHO. However, as Prince Philip reputedly absolutely loathes Sarah I hope he does grit his teeth and attend and doesn't have a diplomatic 'illness'. If the Duke's reported feelings about her are correct it might not be an altogether joyous occasion for him.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know, I think they hang around with lots of Eurotrash.
Will they really want those people at their weddings?
If the Queen will be there?
A lot of the 'euro trash' you speak of have very blue blood and old money. Celebrities. Will and Kate certainly had some at their wedding. I doubt the Yorks wouldn't invite them. And I'd not call Piere Casiraghi and his wife, or Prince Amedeo of Belgium 'euro trash'.

The queen is very close to her grandchildren. Unless the girls don't marry until their grandparents die, I doubt anything besides hospitalization would keep their grandparents from being a part. They attended the minor weddings of Zara and Peter, they certainly wouldn't miss the York.

Quote:
The littlest ones for the Cambridges wedding didn't sit through the service . They went up the aisle and then were taken behind the scenes. They rejoin the exit processional right at the end. Only the older bridesmaids and page boys sat through the service upfront next to Pippa. Maybe William remembered his only poor page boy behavior in the Abbey several years earlier for Uncle Andrew.
Just getting a kid up the aisle can be hard at such a young age. Many three year olds would not be ready, especially when so many people watching. My friend had her 2 nieces (3.5/4 years) as flower girls. One refused to walk down the aisle and had to be carried after laying down half way down, and the other ran. The one who lay down eventually left where she was sitting with her grandmother, came on the stage with us and spent the hour long ceremony rolling around and mooning people when we weren't looking.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I am very curious as to how the York weddings will go - I'm eagerly awaiting news of an engagement of one of the girls. Predicting St George's chapel for both of them with a reception either at Windsor or Frogmore (like peter had) I could see quite a lot of "celebrities" attending each as the girls do mix in those circles and have attended numerous weddings themselves of celebs. There are the obvious questions about how the royals will interact with Fergie and the guestlist could likely include Harry's 2 main exs Cressida Bonas and i recall Eugiene being friendly as well with Cheesy Davy.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm guessing they will go the way of Zara...lower profile weddings.

LaRae
Old 03-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Why on earth would anyone question whether or not the Queen would attend a York wedding? Really? She's their grandmother! She attended the weddings of each of her other grandchildren who have been married. Stop trying to paint the York family in a tawdry light. It's old!
Old 03-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think anyone really is questioning whether the Queen would attend the York weddings, are they?
Old 03-24-2016, 09:33 PM
Gentry

I just want to clear something up. When I said maybe royals wouldn't attend, I did not mean the British royals. I meant other royal and deposed families like the Monaquese and Austria- Estans.(not necessarily them).
Old 03-24-2016, 10:47 PM
Courtier

For some reason I've always thought that Beatrice would go for a more high profile wedding and Eugenie for a lower profile wedding.
The real challenge may be to curtail their mother's tendency to use her association with the Royal family to promote her various schemes. Hopefully Sarah will let her daughters' be the focus on their wedding days and not go giving interviews hither and yon.
I wonder if whomever bought it could loan the Duchess of Cambridge the hat Beatrice wore to the Cambridges' wedding for a repeat wearing
Old 03-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I feel that the hope that Sarah wouldn't be excitedly giving interviews here there and everywhere pre her daughters' weddings is a forlorn one, sndral!

I'm sure I read that Sarah said in an interview shortly after the Cambridge wedding that Beatrice was going to turn 'all the hurtful publicity' (paraphrasing here) to good account by auctioning her hat online for charity. I never heard any more, and don't know whether the auction went ahead. I suppose Kate might be able to find out and 'rescue' it to wear.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I feel that the hope that Sarah wouldn't be excitedly giving interviews here there and everywhere pre her daughters' weddings is a forlorn one, sndral!

I'm sure I read that Sarah said in an interview shortly after the Cambridge wedding that Beatrice was going to turn 'all the hurtful publicity' (paraphrasing here) to good account by auctioning her hat online for charity. I never heard any more, and don't know whether the auction went ahead. I suppose Kate might be able to find out and 'rescue' it to wear.

Kate would never wear that. She has impeccable taste, imo.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:41 PM
Royal Highness

I still can't believe she wore that hat what a rude look at me statement. Anyway like everyone else I'm looking forward to one day seeing the York sisters marry.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

The hat went for 81,000 pounds at auction and the money was donated to Children in Crisis

Princess Beatrice's hat is sold for £81,100 on eBay | Latest | News | UNICEF UK
Old 03-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

The hat sold for around 80,000 pounds on ebay.

Princess Beatrice's hat sold by eBay auction - BBC News
'Ridiculous' royal wedding hat fetches $131K for charity - CNN.com

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding