The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That is a drop in bucket to the security cost of William's wedding at the Abbey. It doesn't matter where Zara is in the line of succession because you have the top 20 adults in the line of succession at her wedding and those same people will be at the Yorks girls weddings and Harry's so there are always going to be some security cost.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
That’s a bad comparison. William and Catherine used open carriages which significantly increased security. They also had royalty (Kings and Queens) from all over the world attending. They had Prime Ministers past and present attending. For the guests alone, the security would have been huge. Beatrice and Eugenie won’t be having these things.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

The girls grew up in Berkshire, only minutes from Windsor Palace, in the former home of their parents Sunninghill. I wouldn't be surprised if one if not both chose to be married at St George's chapel at Windsor. It would be a low key location, but royal enough for granddaughters of the monarch, and cover security concerns. Considering it is where they grew up, the home likely has a close bond to them. The lower key weddings of Edward and Peter were both held there, and Bea's wedding at least, would fall between them.

If Eugenie wanted different, I could see her opting for St. Mary Magdalene's, the church the family attends when at Sandringham where Charlotte was recently baptized. Eugenie was also baptized there. They could have the reception at the estate after.

Harry is not likely to marry in the next few years, and his father will likely be king sadly to say (hate to think the queen wont be around). Even if she is, I think he will have a royal wedding (no eloping to Africa). I don't know if he would go Westminster Abbey big, he seems more low key. But St George's or the Chapel Royal, something royal.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice and Eugenie will most likely have the same things as Zara's and Peter's. Church plus reception at Royal building. It's the fact the senior members of the royal family will be at their weddings and that will cost money for security. So the security cost will probably be similar or even higher due to the current terror threat than Zara's security cost.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I may be wrong, but I think Andrew will insist on Westminster Abbey for his daughters' weddings, and I think the Queen will give him his way (as she generally does).
Old 01-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Nobility

Maybe Beatrice won't marry as Princess Beatrice, Mrs Dave Clark, just doesn't have the same ring as Princess Beatrice of York.

Just kidding, of course. I think she will marry at St George's, but I think Eugenie will go for something more avant garde, like Lady Sarah Chatto did, or not even a church at all, although her grandmother might not be too keen on that idea.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really can't imagine either of the York girls marrying without having their family in attendance and that (as been noted before), includes the big cheeses of the British Royal Family and regardless of where they marry, the security will have to be top notch. Although Verbier would be coming full circle for Eugenie, if HM is still alive, she'd want her grandmother in attendance but it could be a possibility for a Swiss wedding if Charles is king (depending on how close she really is with her uncle).

With Harry, the security issue remains the same no matter where he marries and as popular as he is, people are going to be very disappointed if it isn't a full blown publicized wedding although I don't see it on the same scale as William's with foreign dignitaries and heads of state. William's wasn't a full state wedding but very close to it and I think Harry's will resemble it but on a lesser scale.

For all we know, by the time the York girls marry, Charles will be king and they'll opt for a destination wedding such as one on Necker Island and it'll be totally private and off limits to the public and the press.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really can't imagine either of the York girls marrying without having their family in attendance and that (as been noted before), includes the big cheeses of the British Royal Family and regardless of where they marry, the security will have to be top notch. Although Verbier would be coming full circle for Eugenie, if HM is still alive, she'd want her grandmother in attendance but it could be a possibility for a Swiss wedding if Charles is king (depending on how close she really is with her uncle).

With Harry, the security issue remains the same no matter where he marries and as popular as he is, people are going to be very disappointed if it isn't a full blown publicized wedding although I don't see it on the same scale as William's with foreign dignitaries and heads of state. William's wasn't a full state wedding but very close to it and I think Harry's will resemble it but on a lesser scale.

For all we know, by the time the York girls marry, Charles will be king and they'll opt for a destination wedding such as one on Necker Island and it'll be totally private and off limits to the public and the press.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Have the Yorks been to Necker since Dave quit working for Branson?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Have the Yorks been to Necker since Dave quit working for Branson?
I really don't have a clue on that one but I think they're still friends with the Branson offspring. Necker Island was just an example of a possible destination wedding venue.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-21-2016, 10:42 PM
Gentry

Compare

Everyone just look at Princess Alexandra's wedding. Just take out the older foreign royals and put in younger ones and deposed young royals. Also instead of dignitaries and politicians put in celebrities. Now you have Beatrice's wedding. I think it will be at Westminster or St. George's.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think there will be plenty of celebrities present at both girls' weddings. They, and their mother, just move in those circles.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you believe either Beatrice or Eugenie would like a Spring wedding with either the wedding day being in April or May?
Old 03-21-2016, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

They may very well marry in the Spring. With English weather being what it is, balmy July or flaming August could be chosen and you could still get a downpour! There's just a bit more of the chance of showers if you wed earlier in the year I think.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Neither of them seem very inclined to marry at all, so far ....

LaRae
Old 03-22-2016, 01:19 AM
Royal Highness

Don't think we will hear about an engagement this year this is granny's year !i think the Yorks would like a bit of attention so will wait till there's no big birthdays or babies

Old 03-22-2016, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

They are 27 and 25, there is certainly no rush for them to marry.
So far Will is the only cousin to marry before his thirties. Zara was 30 and Peter 31 when they married. Harry will certainly be a few years into his 30's considering he isn't even seriously dating.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Very few people marry in their early or mid twenties these days, even if they have been dating for many years. I see the same with the York Princesses. My guess is that they will marry somewhere around being 28-29 years of age, if the relationships go still strong that is.

I don't imagine international royalty being represented at their weddings. But the two girls seem to be well acquainted with some continental aristos, they have attended weddings in Germany eg. So there would probably be many interesting guests to watch.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I would like to see one or the other of them take the plunge in the next twelve months. There's nothing nicer than a royal wedding, the gown, tiara, bridesmaids, venue, the guests, all wonderful to talk about.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:26 PM

Princess Charlotte would probably be a cute bridesmaid in a few years.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte would make a lovely bridesmaid when she's about three or four. Perhaps she can be one for Harry and his bride? I don't think little Grace Cutsem was much older than four when she was an attendant at William and Kate's wedding.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

All depends are her personality and maturity level. Not all children that age are up to that. I see George as part of either/both Harry's or the Yorks weddings though.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding