The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2015, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

This is the BRF's way and it suits them. I like the fact that they have weddings that fit their style rather than the more flamboyant style of the European royals' weddings. To me those weddings are over the top with all the glitz and glitter and belies the seriousness of what a wedding is about. It is one of the reasons why I like the fact that the BRF only shows the going to the service, the service and the getting home again rather than all the stuff before and after.

Each to their own but I prefer the BRF's way of doing things to the Europeans.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Me i love all that glitter. Besides royals have so many tiaras they need events who they can wore them.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The BRF have about two or three tiara events where the public get any pictures each year - the State Visits and State Opening of Parliament.

Any other tiara events are private ones such as the diplomatic corps reception and I believe the Christmas Eve Dinner.

They don't see a need to show off all their tiaras - probably as they don't see the need to show off their wealth knowing that many people won't like it.

I don't think there will be an increase in the next couple of reigns. It seems clear that neither Camilla nor Kate really like wearing the fancy jewels. Camilla wears them well but doesn't seem all that comfortable in them and Kate doesn't seem to like wearing much jewellery at all so even fewer tiara events in the future I suspect.

Certainly not at the York girls' weddings (assuming they ever get married and don't just continue to live with their partners even if they decide to have children) - just not the way the British do weddings (not just the BRF but the British) - too showy for them.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:31 AM
Courtier

I honestly believe with what the British public are going through financially, currently it would be in poor taste for wealth to be ostentatiously shown. Remember The Cambridge's wedding was billed as an austerity wedding for that very reason.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
British royal weddings are usually morning events with hats not tiaras - other than for the bride.
I believe that is what Jacknch meant when he said there will be tiaras: tiaras for the brides (plural because there are two sisters).

As gorgeous as it might be to see the full sparkle of a white tie wedding, we all know that is not the way it is done in GB. Apart from the economic situation, can you imagine the outcry when one of them had a white tie wedding? It would mean that they'd try to upstage William and Kate's wedding, and that would be a big no-no. It's no going to happen.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I believe that is what Jacknch meant when he said there will be tiaras: tiaras for the brides (plural because there are two sisters).

As gorgeous as it might be to see the full sparkle of a white tie wedding, we all know that is not the way it is done in GB. Apart from the economic situation, can you imagine the outcry when one of them had a white tie wedding? It would mean that they'd try to upstage William and Kate's wedding, and that would be a big no-no. It's no going to happen.
The reason the BRF don't do white tie weddings is not because they are afraid to bling up. IMO, it is because that is just not the way English weddings are done. They are pretty much always morning or afternoon events, followed by the wedding breakfast. It is not traditional for them to be evening events.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

So do I.

I absolutely hated those schmaltzy love songs at the Swedish weddings!

I think the British way is much classier.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, I meant that tiara's would be worn (hopefully anyway) by Beatrice and Eugenie at their weddings rather than it being a tiara event itself.

Putting aside some of the music choices, I really liked the Swedish weddings and the way they were done - guest arrivals, ceremony, carriage ride, boat rides, arrival at the reception, balcony appearances, the reception itself and the cutting of the cake - all televised. BUT, it was hard going to watch it all over several hours (and hard-going for some of the guests too I should imagine).

Traditionally in Britain, we had a morning wedding, an afternoon reception and the going away on honeymoon late afternoon kind of thing. But more often these days, the wedding is held in the afternoon and the reception held late afternoon and throughout the evening.

Beatrice and Eugenie will probably do the same.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
[...]
Heu... the weddings of the Infanta Dońa Elena, the Infanta Dońa Cristina, the Duke of Brabant, Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, the Prince of Orange, Prince Laurent of Belgium, Prince Friso of the Netherlands, the Prince of Asturias, the Prince of Monaco and the Hereditary Grand-Duke of Luxembourg all had exactly the same dresscode as was observed for the wedding of the Duke of Cambridge.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Courtier

I wonder if either of the York girls will wear the tiaria their mother did at her wedding? It would be nice to see it again.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I wonder if either of the York girls will wear the tiaria their mother did at her wedding? It would be nice to see it again.
I would imagine so. And I look forward to it, it is a lovely tiara.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I would imagine so. And I look forward to it, it is a lovely tiara.
Yes and it was unusual in that The Queen bought it for her and it was not part of the royal collection. A few authors have made quite a bit of that.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Yes and it was unusual in that The Queen bought it for her and it was not part of the royal collection. A few authors have made quite a bit of that.
The nice part about Sarah's tiara is that it has become a family tiara and most likely will be handed down to wear for both Bea and Eugenie's daughters should they have any. I would imagine that if the Spencer tiara had somehow became solely the property of Diana rather than had gone to her brother, Kate would have worn the Spencer tiara at her wedding. Camilla wore the family tiara at her first wedding. Its that kind of a family thing.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Nobility

I would expect a very small, private wedding if either of the girls marry. It could seem insensitive to the public if it was a more extravagant affair, particularly as neither of the girls are working royals.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Courtier

I think it would be unfair to force them to have a very small wedding, or guilt them into doing it. It don't think it should be the state occasion of W & C, but they should be able to have whatever private ceremony that their family chooses to pay for personally.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie both deserve the wedding they want.

The "public" should not demand or play any part in their decision.

The tabloid media should not stir up the "public" with their bullying of the York family.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:53 AM
Royal Highness

Well they have been doing what they what up till now so I don't see them changing now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I would expect a very small, private wedding if either of the girls marry. It could seem insensitive to the public if it was a more extravagant affair, particularly as neither of the girls are working royals.

I expect it will be something similar to Peter and Zara's weddings. Church wedding and then a great party afterwards with plenty of family and friends. Hope that they will wear Sarah's beautiful tiara and that it remains a York family piece for many years.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post

The tabloid media should not stir up the "public" with their bullying of the York family.
I completely, 100% agree! With every word.

They are born Royal princesses and grand-daughters of the monarch. If the girls want to pull out the stops and their parents can afford to do so, they have a right to that.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post

You needn't worry. The Yorks seem to be a tenacious bunch. If either of their daughters wants a lavish wedding, then by land or sea(yacht), they will have a wedding that will rival Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia's decadent display.

Neither woman seems to be as highfalutin as her parents, though. So I think the glamour addicts on this site will have to settle for a Phillips-esque wedding, with a one-off designer gown. The real interest should come from reports of the wedding reception. I bet they'll have some zany entertainment.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding