The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
How are you so sure that the Beatrice will marry Mr Dave Clark?
Being together for so many years does not mean that you will definitely get married
There is no security in life, but when people spend a long time together the chances are greater that this will result in a formal bond. That may be clear. When Princess Beatrice would marry a popular celebrity, for an example Cristiano Ronaldo, then the public interest will be waaaay bigger. That is obvious.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
There is no security in life, but when people spend a long time together the chances are greater that this will result in a formal bond. That may be clear. When Princess Beatrice would marry a popular celebrity, for an example Cristiano Ronaldo, then the public interest will be waaaay bigger. That is obvious.
I do think they will marry at some point. But I think that since they have seen their parents together and not married for the majority of their lives, that they see that as a real option, with real benefits as well. I think their very singular experience watching Mom and Dad and the impact of the royal family likely gives Bea and Eug a very different perspective than most of us have on the issue.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not know if you mean seriously Christiano but for me it was a nice joke But nooooo i don't think sooooo.

I have my mind maybe another ex royal (who maybe be a currrent)
Old 08-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretijean View Post
There is an article in the Daily Mail that mentions Zara being able to have sponsorships. Yes, I know they are due to her equestrian talents.

"Yet Zara, 34, who has inherited her mother the Princess Royal’s rather imperious independence, has pressed ahead with any number of lucrative deals and is seen by envious fellow royals as being well on the way to being wealthy in her own right.
In particular, Prince Andrew’s daughters, princesses Beatrice and Eugenie — who are Zara’s first cousins — have watched her commercial prominence and rising wealth knowing that, for them, this is forbidden territory.
‘They see Zara as the royal cousin with real privilege, not themselves,’ says a friend of Beatrice. They would probably not think this if they weren’t forced to live hybrid lives as Royal Highnesses who are seldom actually invited to do anything royal.
Perhaps this less-than-satisfactory state of affairs explains the endless holidays Beatrice is always taking."

Read more: Zara Phillips launches jewellery range as cousins envy her millions | Daily Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
That's an interesting article, although with it being the DM it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. It does, however, probably highlight the struggles that Beatrice and Eugenie have due to being HRH but not actually doing anything related to that royal style.

Quote:
‘They see Zara as the royal cousin with real privilege, not themselves,’ says a friend of Beatrice. They would probably not think this if they weren’t forced to live hybrid lives as Royal Highnesses who are seldom actually invited to do anything royal.

Read more: Zara Phillips launches jewellery range as cousins envy her millions | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Edward did his kids a favour by not allowing them to be HRH - they can be like Zara and live a much freer life, unlike the York sisters who are burdened with this Disney life of being a Princess but not being able to do anything with it.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Zara is sponsored because of her equestrian talents not because she is related to The Queen.

I'm not so sure.
Have other members of Britain's equestrian team received the same numerous sponsorships?

Maybe, but I'm betting not to the same extent that Zara has.
Why is that, if not because she is related to the Queen?
Old 08-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

William Fox-Pitt is a much more accomplished equestrian than Zara.

I don't think its very controversial to say some of Zara's sponsors do like her 'royal connections'
Old 08-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic.....future York Weddings.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Why would London need to come to a standstill if either York girl got married in the Abbey?
No one expects a public holiday for the occasion; couldn't they just marry there as others do, without disrupting traffic, etc.?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't think that royal watchers would crowd the whole city, but before the Abbey it would be pretty crowded with fans and tourists. The crowd would be much smaller than at the Cambridge wedding, but there'd still be a loads of people who enjoy even a smaller royal wedding. People love weddings, let alone royal weddings, it's fairy tale material!

The question is, would the girls want that? And what HM would think about such a hubub about the Yorkies? If HM thought that a too big wedding would take away too much of the limelight and asked her granddaughters to scale down the publicity around their wedding? I think William once said: "You don't mess with Granny!", or something similar. The family has an immense respect for their matriarch, and they don't go against her wishes, it seems.

Personally I don't care so much about how big and how public their weddings will be, as long they allow photographers to take good pics of the couple, the dress, the veil, the tiara ... For my taste Peter and Philip were too stingy with pictures. Didn't they sell exclusive rights to Hello! ?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Plenty of events attended by members of the royal family happen at Westminster Abbey from time to time without a great deal of disruption.

I imagine the princesses will have a pretty good idea about what sort of wedding they want, but they will not do anything that the Queen would disapprove of (even if they do not seek approval for something) as she is known these days to "go with the flow".

As royal princesses though, it seems appropriate for them to have a reasonably symbolic weddings - i.e. at a venue that has some royal connection and of a scale reasonably regal in its grandness! The thought occurred to me that one of other of them could have a wedding at St Margaret's Church, Westminster (apologies if this has already been mentioned) or at one the the royal chapels if they would prefer a more chic, private event.

Was it not the case that Edward and Sophie did not want their wedding televised and only after public and media pressure they agreed to allow the cameras in? In 1999 we hadn't had a large-scale royal wedding for years and years and being the son of the monarch it seemed reasonable to have it televised. I do not think there would be such pressure on Beatrice and Eugenie to have their weddings televised.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

I think there would be a public outcry if Harry wouldn't allow his wedding to be televised. But for Andrew's daughters people would accept it, I think. Needless to say that I'd watch anyway, if it were televised.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Why would London need to come to a standstill if either York girl got married in the Abbey?
No one expects a public holiday for the occasion; couldn't they just marry there as others do, without disrupting traffic, etc.?
It is not a public holiday. But when Buckingham Palace is the start and end, then the route will most likely go via the Mall, around St James' Park via Horse Guards Parade, passing the Cenotaph, Downing Street, the Foreign Office, the Treasury, the Houses of Parliament and finally the Abbey. When it is done in style, this will require closure of streets, deployment of military-, police and security personnel, deployment of music bands and mounted cavalry, carriages and name it all, even if it is only for a Mr Clark and a Princess Beatrice.

A wedding at St George's Chapel causes no disruption because it is all within the own "backyard" of the Queen's residence. No problem. I am sure that such a disruption of the heart of London will not be in question for Princess Beatrice.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think there would be a public outcry if Harry wouldn't allow his wedding to be televised. But for Andrew's daughters people would accept it, I think. Needless to say that I'd watch anyway, if it were televised.
Oh yes, Harry's eventual wedding will be a very different kettle of fish and should be on a par will William's and Catherine's.

Oh there's no doubt I would fully support and watch huge, televised weddings for Beatrice and Eugenie - if it was up to me we would have one every year - but the public appetite and reality of what their weddings will actually be like will no doubt be at odds with that!

One thing for sure, Tilia....tiara's will be worn!
Old 08-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
[...]

Thanks for your consolation, Jacknch! I see, you've got my number.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is not a public holiday. But when Buckingham Palace is the start and end, then the route will most likely go via the Mall, around St James' Park via Horse Guards Parade, passing the Cenotaph, Downing Street, the Foreign Office, the Treasury, the Houses of Parliament and finally the Abbey. When it is done in style, this will require closure of streets, deployment of military-, police and security personnel, deployment of music bands and mounted cavalry, carriages and name it all, even if it is only for a Mr Clark and a Princess Beatrice.

A wedding at St George's Chapel causes no disruption because it is all within the own "backyard" of the Queen's residence. No problem. I am sure that such a disruption of the heart of London will not be in question for Princess Beatrice.

They probably wouldn't have carriages through the streets, even if they marry at the Abbey.
Many people have married there, without causing any commotion; I don't think the Yorks will attract massive publicity anyway.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Courtier

There would definitely be a crowd. Everyone that wants to see the royal family will know exactly where they will be. That is the only reason.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Oh yes, Harry's eventual wedding will be a very different kettle of fish and should be on a par will William's and Catherine's.

Oh there's no doubt I would fully support and watch huge, televised weddings for Beatrice and Eugenie - if it was up to me we would have one every year - but the public appetite and reality of what their weddings will actually be like will no doubt be at odds with that!

British royal weddings are usually morning events with hats not tiaras - other than for the bride.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish they would go for a late afternoon or an evening wedding every so often. It could be held at Windsor, so no balcony, just white tie, tiaras, jewels, gowns and uniforms. It would look wonderful and would make for a different and interesting occasion.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I wish they would go for a late afternoon or an evening wedding every so often. It could be held at Windsor, so no balcony, just white tie, tiaras, jewels, gowns and uniforms. It would look wonderful and would make for a different and interesting occasion.
Edward and Sophie had a late afternoon wedding and only the bride wore a tiara. There was no white tie for men and although the female guests wore long dresses the men wore morning suit. The jewels were really no different to those worn during morning weddings.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but the bride and groom wanted an informal wedding (or as informal as royal weddings can be.) Their wedding wasn't a white tie/Orders and decorations affair, where tiaras would be worn. In fact, as I remember, Sophie even asked that the women guests not wear hats or fascinators, though many, including the Queen and the QM, did.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding