The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Parents being parents esp fathers concerning daughters are going to have opinions and usually state them. You absolutely know Sarah is going to get involved in the wedding details as is natural being the mother so Andrew will want a suitable grandness for the occasion.

It will be up to Bea and Eug to not let these two take control and let them know who makes the final decisions.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
It will be up to Bea and Eug to not let these two take control and let them know who makes the final decisions.
There's no reason to think either girl would not want a lavish wedding.
Beatrice at least seems to want the Royal lifestyle and all the trappings that go with it.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

Then she should have it. A womans wedding day should be exactly as she wishes.... Does not matter what her status is or what the public thinks.It is not as if they are on budget so if she wishes showers of roses and castles and champaigne wishes and caviar dreams why not?
Old 08-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I would worry more about Harry then them; they have had a longtime boyfriends, while Harry is still searching and cannot find the one.
It's highly possible that Beatrice (95% sure) and maybe even Eugenie would go to the altar before their cousin.
Regarding the Yorks' cousin Prince Henry: we have seen with the Prince of Monaco (then aged 47) and the current King of the Belgians (then aged 40) that marrying at an advanced age is not at all a problem... And then we are not at all talking about a Heir, in the case of Prince Henry.

Quote:
[...] Does not matter what her status is or what the public thinks. [...]
I disagree. When the centre of London has to be closed off because a Mr Dave Clark marries one of the Queen's granddaughters, with all disruptions, congestions, re-scheduled transportation, un-reachable commercial areas and touristic destinations, etc. then one can not say that it does not matter what the public thinks.

The best option to keep the disruption for the public as small as possible is to marry at Windsor Castle.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Regarding the Yorks' cousin Prince Henry: we have seen with the Prince of Monaco (then aged 47) and the current King of the Belgians (then aged 40) that marrying at an advanced age is not at all a problem... And then we are not at all talking about a Heir, in the case of Prince Henry.

Their uncle Edward also showed that waiting and marrying late actually works out better. I believe Edward was 35 when he married - Harry is only 30/31 so he can wait a few more years!

I hope the York weddings are on the same level as the Phillips weddings as they are private citizens. I can't see the Queen allowing for a big shebang for the girls - long gone are the days when all the King or Queen's grandchildren have huge weddings.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Beatrice is only 26.
The wedding may take place in Switzerland, especially if the Queen and Philip are no longer alive when Beatrice is ready for marriage.

She can have her story book wedding in any country.

If the Queen and/or Philip are alive she may have a small church service in the U.K. followed by a grand wedding on the continent.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Their uncle Edward also showed that waiting and marrying late actually works out better. I believe Edward was 35 when he married - Harry is only 30/31 so he can wait a few more years!
King Constantin & Queen Anne-Marie of Greece got married when he was 24 and she 18 and they are still together and happy.
It's an individual choice and depends from many factors, not just biological age.
Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein was 27, just like Beatrice when she married Amadeo - and they had (reportedly) shorter relationship than Beatrice & David Clark.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I just had this thought. Depending on IF Charles has had any kind of talk with any of the Yorks about the role he sees Bea and Eug during his reign, they may or may not be certain about their (Bea and Eug's) future. It follows that their suitors would not have a clear idea of the future either. That loads the whole marriage question with a lot of uncertainty.
It has always seemed to me that currently, Bea and Eug are not needed for full time official engagements. And that they and their Dad know this.
Bea's apparent willingness to wait however, leads me to believe that there are if/then scenarios in which she could play a full time official engagement role at some point in her life. Eugenie seemed to me to come to the conclusion that waiting is not enough for her.
And if I were their significant other this uncertainty would indeed play a role in our futures together.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
If the Queen and/or Philip are alive she may have a small church service in the U.K. followed by a grand wedding on the continent.
Do you think there's a real possibility she would do this? This is a serious question. I can't imagine why she would have two weddings. I know in some countries people have a civil wedding and a church wedding because the church wedding isn't able to be a legal wedding, but why would an Anglican have a second wedding after a church wedding in England? Is it a real possibility? Do people actually do this? I can envisage her having a whopping big party on the continent, sure, but a big second wedding with a wedding dress and vows and stuff? Why would anyone do that?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Do you think there's a real possibility she would do this? This is a serious question. I can't imagine why she would have two weddings. I know in some countries people have a civil wedding and a church wedding because the church wedding isn't able to be a legal wedding, but why would an Anglican have a second wedding after a church wedding in England? Is it a real possibility? Do people actually do this? I can envisage her having a whopping big party on the continent, sure, but a big second wedding with a wedding dress and vows and stuff? Why would anyone do that?
I really think that highly unlikely. I think people may be overloading on the week long Borromeo/Casiraghi wedding festivities.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Majesty

I can't see them having two weddings. There's no need for it, for one thing. Plus, Beatrice is a British princess, after-all.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Beatrice is only 26.
The wedding may take place in Switzerland, especially if the Queen and Philip are no longer alive when Beatrice is ready for marriage.

She can have her story book wedding in any country.

Why??? I don't understand why you think either of Andrews daughters have to have a huge wedding. I see their wedding like Zara's. What difference does the Queen being alive have to do with her wedding think I must have missed something on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Serene Highness

They may not have to have it but what if one or both wants it? Why should they be denied if that is their dream esp if the public is not fitting the bill? And Beatrice is a Royal Princess and Royal princes daughter and like it or not she is different than Zara.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
They may not have to have it but what if one or both wants it? Why should they be denied if that is their dream esp if the public is not fitting the bill? And Beatrice is a Royal Princess and Royal princes daughter and like it or not she is different than Zara.

I think it would be a PR disaster if they had a huge wedding. But I'm sure Sarah and Andrew would love it. To me they are in the same position as Zara and I think that's how most people would think. IMO if the Queen is alive or not would have no bearing on their weddings

Old 08-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think you can have it two ways... If they are are to fade out of the spot light having no Royal role simply be very rich commoners then they by rights should have if they wish the most extravagant wedding they can afford as many many extremely wealthy commoners. They will not be answerable to either royals or public.

Honestly the press and a huge amount of the public are going to lap up any Royal family wedding and if it is not coming out of the public coffers, why would it matter any how ?
Old 08-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Because no matter how much they protest that it isn't coming out of the public coffers the public will believe that it is.

There is also the question of security - which was one of the criticisms of Zara's wedding.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think you can have it two ways... If they are are to fade out of the spot light having no Royal role simply be very rich commoners then they by rights should have if they wish the most extravagant wedding they can afford as many many extremely wealthy commoners. They will not be answerable to either royals or public.

Honestly the press and a huge amount of the public are going to lap up any Royal family wedding and if it is not coming out of the public coffers, why would it matter any how ?

No matter what is said, the public will assume that all costs eventually come out of the public coffers, one way or another. That's why the RF is so careful about their PR.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

And then some of the public may kvetch and grumble for awhile but I assure you even if Beatrice gets married in a fortunes worth of precious jewels and a couture gown worth more than the GPA of a small country the Monarchy will survive. Again if she is not destined to be more than a well connected socialite you can't ask her to cater to the Royal family press corps.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
And then some of the public may kvetch and grumble for awhile but I assure you even if Beatrice gets married in a fortunes worth of precious jewels and a couture gown worth more than the GPA of a small country the Monarchy will survive. Again if she is not destined to be more than a well connected socialite you can't ask her to cater to the Royal family press corps.

Mmm not too sure about that. The York family have had so much bad press that I don't think a huge royal wedding would go down to well. The monarchy will survive but would have to work their buts off to make up for it

Old 08-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

I think you are exaggerating. If Andrews daughter wants to have a glamorous public wedding for one of the biggest days of her life the public is not going to riot or call for abdication .Some politicians may grumble and some press may write articles but it will be a treat and show for most people. I must clearify I don't mean William and Catherine level but perhaps a toned down version.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding