The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen adores her granddaughters, whatever wedding Beatrice would want, The Queen will make sure she gets.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen adores her granddaughters, whatever wedding Beatrice would want, The Queen will make sure she gets.
The adoration of the Queen most likely will not be different for Zara Phillips or Louise of Wessex. The grandmotherly adoration does not automatically mean that now London will come to a standstill because of a grand royal wedding. My guess is: when she goes for big, it will be St George's in Windsor. Also because she lives on Royal Lodge, in the very same Windsor estate.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The adoration of the Queen most likely will not be different for Zara Phillips or Louise of Wessex. The grandmotherly adoration does not automatically mean that now London will come to a standstill because of a grand royal wedding. My guess is: when she goes for big, it will be St George's in Windsor. Also because she lives on Royal Lodge, in the very same Windsor estate.

I don't think Beatrice would reach for a grand standstill wedding. Still it will be what Beatrice have in mind.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-29-2015, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't even know that Harry would get a big wedding. The Yorks definitely aren't getting one.

It's going to be like Peter or Zara's.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm pretty sure Harry will get a big wedding just like Prince Andrew got it back when it was his turn.

Princess Beatrice, on the other hand, would only get a big wedding if she married a member of another royal house. Unfortunately, that is very unlikely to happen.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Courtier

I think Beatrice would have a wedding more in line with Zara's and Peters. Private but not really private if you know what I mean. It won't be televised but we will get plenty of pictures. I wonder if she would follow Peter's lead and get money from Hello for the pictures? Sarah did that when they were babies it's a way to help pay for a very expensive wedding.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

Not so sure. The Queen is very indulgent towards Andrew. He will probably get what he wants- again.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I think Beatrice would have a wedding more in line with Zara's and Peters. Private but not really private if you know what I mean. It won't be televised but we will get plenty of pictures. I wonder if she would follow Peter's lead and get money from Hello for the pictures? Sarah did that when they were babies it's a way to help pay for a very expensive wedding.

Not if Prince Andrew has anything to say about it! Both Zara and Peter had weddings that were-except for the locations-as un-Royal as could be, imo. I once heard Andrew tell Meredith Viera of NBC very distinctly that while his girls were natural and down to Earth thanks to the influence of their mother-they were not "average girls...they are Royal princesses."

He will see to it that their weddings reflect that, and QEII will back him every step of the way if she is alive to do so.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Courtier

I would think that the girls and their partners decide what kind of wedding they want, the wishes of the parents/family have nothing to do with it. Their grandmothers wishes exempted of course.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
This is how I imagine both Beatrice and Eugenie's weddings to be like. Like others I also think they're more likely to marry in a smaller chapel like St. George's in Windsor rather than somewhere large like Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral.

I would love it if a royal wedding were held at Hampton Court but it's quite far from Sunninghill. The only royal wedding I can recall occurring at Hampton Court is Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now that neither girl needs the Queen's permission to marry they can legally marry without any fanfare at all. They could marry wherever they wish and announce that they are married afterwards and I can see Eugenie doing that. She doesn't seem to really want a lot to do with the royal fanfare.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Nobility

^ Right on point. Beatrice is the one more likely to go for something snazzy, best quote about their personalities comes from Eugenie in 2008.

Quote:
"Beatrice loves her glamorous dresses and her hair being curly or big -- like Mummy's -- and I *despise* volume. I like my hair to be sort of flat," Eugenie tells The Telegraph. "I like just throwing on a pair of jeans and generally being more understated. She is more 'Let's do the glamour.' We're chalk and cheese."
Old 08-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
^ Right on point. Beatrice is the one more likely to go for something snazzy, best quote about their personalities comes from Eugenie in 2008.
That quote from Eugenie explains a lot! And, assuming her view on the subject hasn't changed over the past 7 years, it makes me like her and want to defend her clothing and hairdo choices rather than mock them, which I admit I have done. She isn't trying to be smart or glamorous, so she's not failing, she's just being herself.

I would be delighted if, when the time comes, she goes off and has a quiet, understated wedding that isn't made public till it is over.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Serene Highness

I think Andrew would fight for and urge weddings he considers 'appropriate' for his princesses. Both from the POV of a doting father and someone who wants to give his girls Royal trappings and present them as a Queens Grand daughters... He glories in being a prince and being who he is:)
Old 08-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Beatrice at least will want a royal wedding more like William's than Zara's. Just the impression I get.
Eugenie might prefer something more low-key.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I think Andrew would fight for and urge weddings he considers 'appropriate' for his princesses. Both from the POV of a doting father and someone who wants to give his girls Royal trappings and present them as a Queens Grand daughters... He glories in being a prince and being who he is:)
So he's a bullying busy-body who always wants things done his way and doesn't respect his daughters' wishes? It will be their wedding, not his. He had his shot.

I firmly believe that it is the people who are getting married who should get to choose the style of their wedding. It's their day and they shouldn't have to have a big, fancy, public, shindig just because that's what their parents want. Parents should respect their children's wishes on the subject. If Beatrice and Eugenie want the Royal trappings, fine, but, if they don't, they shouldn't have to have them.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I think if the couple is paying for it then yes they get to call all the shots. If mom/dad are paying for it then there should be some compromise if needed. Most parents want their kids to have the wedding they want to have...still sometimes it is good to have a stabilizing influence or another voice about some things.

LaRae
Old 08-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

What if no york wedding is going to happen at all?
Old 08-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

That is possible, but not likely, imo. They have both been steadily dating the same guy for some time. Especially Bea and Dave have been together for ages. Imo the weddings will come once they reach the phase of their lives when they want to start a family.

I can see the future York weddings being slightly bigger and than the Philips weddings, but nowhere near as big as the Cambridge wedding. I'm sure that it will be a lot of fun to watch the pics, but I can't imagine a broadcast of the services.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
What if no york wedding is going to happen at all?
I would worry more about Harry then them; they have had a longtime boyfriends, while Harry is still searching and cannot find the one.
It's highly possible that Beatrice (95% sure) and maybe even Eugenie would go to the altar before their cousin.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think if the couple is paying for it then yes they get to call all the shots. If mom/dad are paying for it then there should be some compromise if needed. Most parents want their kids to have the wedding they want to have...still sometimes it is good to have a stabilizing influence or another voice about some things.

LaRae
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. IMO it's the children's wedding, no matter who's paying for it. Their parents should stay out of the planning and organising, IMO, and not try to get their own way via the financial manipulation route.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding