The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Courtier

I think St Georges would be the most likely. The Abbey and St Pauls are really for more senior royals. Frogmore was great for Peter Phillips or maybe the Queen might allow them to have the reception at the Palace. But it will be low key like Zara's and Peter's nothing like William's.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Majesty

I think if a wedding is due to take place, it would be very fitting for the Beatrice & Dave to take their wedding to York and bring great cheer and happiness to the city. I just looked at the Duke & Duchess of Kent's wedding on YouTube. York Minster seems like a great place to put on another royal wedding.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

The York girls are HRHs though, and Princesses, and daughters of a Royal Duke. Maybe they warrant something a bit more fancy.

ETA I posted this before I saw your response, Dman. I meant something more fancy than Zara's or Peter's. I'm not familiar with York Minster but will check it out; that might be a perfect place.

Edited again. Wow! What a fabulous Gothic Cathedral! Yep. York Minster has my vote. Is there any Royal residence nearby suitable for the reception?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Harewood House Leeds Yorkshire | Visit Harewood .
45 min away is Harewood House - still occupied by family

45 minutes isn't far to go from a church for a reception and the family that occupies it is related as the current Earl is the son of Queen Elizabeth's first cousin. So the current Earl is the same relationship to Beatrice as the Earl of St Andrew's or the Earl of Ulster - the child of a first cousin of her grandmother.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Majesty

I agree, I do think York Minster is a grand cathedral and would be a great place for a royal wedding. I just think it would be great for the Duke of York's daughter to have a nice York wedding.

Picture:
York Minster-
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...A&fr=yfp-t-900

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, settled. Wedding at York Minster and reception at the Harewoods' place.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Lol, the imaginations are running wild.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I live in York guys, in normal traffic Harewood House from York Minister would be a good hour and a half depending upon what accidents have occurred on the M62.

Carlton Towers, residence of The Duke of Norfolks brother currently, is about a 20 minute drive from York Minster.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I also like the idea of a wedding in York Minster; hasn't been a royal wedding there since the Duke of Kent married Katherine Worsley.
It's such a magnificent cathedral (and I bet the Archbishop of York would be happy to conduct the ceremony).
Old 08-17-2013, 07:11 AM
Aristocracy

Do you think she will wait till certain members of her family pass away before she gets married? If I was her I would find the whole thing too much trying to work out how she was going to have her mother and the royal family to her wedding. If they are absent it would be too obvious and her happy day would be shrouded in gossip and inuendo about how the royal family despise her mother. Would put me off marriage altogether. :(
Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Aristocracy

Okay I must have missed something. Has an engagement been officially announced somewhere and I just didn't see it ?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
Okay I must have missed something. Has an engagement been officially announced somewhere and I just didn't see it ?
Nope, neither York girl are engaged.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

Okay thanks ! Reading some the other posts I thought one of them was engaged or something. There are some really good wedding planners on this board......LOL! Not that Andrew would be looking to save money on the wedding planners fee.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
Do you think she will wait till certain members of her family pass away before she gets married? If I was her I would find the whole thing too much trying to work out how she was going to have her mother and the royal family to her wedding. If they are absent it would be too obvious and her happy day would be shrouded in gossip and inuendo about how the royal family despise her mother. Would put me off marriage altogether. :(
I think it would be more important to have my grandparents at my wedding. The family will work out what needs to happen. I think Sarah coming to Balmoral was an olive branch from HM in anticipation of just this thing....HM is a very wise woman. she has lived many years and negotiated and survived many more awkward situations than this.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Administrator

There is no need to have this discussion in two separate threads, I have moved several posts to York Family: News, Information, and Pictures .

Until there is more information regarding a possible York remarriage, the discussion will remain the the York Family news and information thread.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think it would be more important to have my grandparents at my wedding. The family will work out what needs to happen. I think Sarah coming to Balmoral was an olive branch from HM in anticipation of just this thing....HM is a very wise woman. she has lived many years and negotiated and survived many more awkward situations than this.
really????
more important than her own Mother? Im sure the Queen would be okay and would tolerate for the sake of her Granddaughter I was thinking more Bea waiting till the Duke of E dies he is the one who despises her the most.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Majesty

LOL, I think the media and other have overplayed the idea of Philip & Sarah's relationship. I don't think he hates her that much that Beatrice would have to wait until he passes in order to invite her own mother to her future wedding.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post

really????
more important than her own Mother? Im sure the Queen would be okay and would tolerate for the sake of her Granddaughter I was thinking more Bea waiting till the Duke of E dies he is the one who despises her the most.
Oh I Never meant I lieu of her mother,not at all. I meant I would rather everyone have to handle any awkwardness and have the wedding while my grandparents were alive than waiting til my grandfather had passed to avoid the situation. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding