The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Courtier

AFAIK at Peter Phillips' wedding even Prince Harry's then girlfriend was present as well as almost the entire extended royal family (minus Prince William who had a prior engagement, another wedding from a close friend) and the entire Phillips family including half-siblings etc ..
I can't see the future York weddings of Beatrice and Eugenie bringing any problems as far as who *can* attend: family of dad and of mum and their own friends...

But i *am* intrigued as to how this topic turned out to be a thread of 20+ pages :-)

Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Courtier

I can't think why William and Catherine wouldn't go they seem to be close to their cousins and I doubt it would be that hard to avoid Sarah if anyone really wants too. It really is just a matter of wait and see. It will also depend on how Sarah plays things if she is up doing interviews from day one etc then it may be a deciding factor. When would Sarah and The Queen be in the same room as each other since the divorce?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Commoner

They will probably make it a private wedding and the whole family can attend in peace.

“These people aren't for you,” he warned. “They will chew you up and spit you out...." -Vanity Fair
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Private wedding?
Daddy Andrew won't like that he idea. He always gives the impression that his and his girl's royal status means a lot to him. And Fergie gives the impression that she thinks along the same lines.
I believe that everybody will just pull themselves together and make it a good feast.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Private wedding?
Daddy Andrew won't like that he idea. He always gives the impression that his and his girl's royal status means a lot to him. And Fergie gives the impression that she thinks along the same lines.
I believe that everybody will just pull themselves together and make it a good feast.
Sick of this Daddy Andrew, Mummy Sarah crap about titles. Frankly Andrew and Sarah want what's best for their daughters. If Beatrice and Eugenie want a privat wedding, along the lines of their cousins, then that's perfectly acceptable and will suit both the family and the public.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sick of this Daddy Andrew, Mummy Sarah crap about titles. Frankly Andrew and Sarah want what's best for their daughters. If Beatrice and Eugenie want a privat wedding, along the lines of their cousins, then that's perfectly acceptable and will suit both the family and the public.
Well said - I'm fed up with at the vitriolic crap as well.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-27-2013, 05:08 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Private wedding?
The media will indeed make a good feast for themselves by picking the Yorks apart.

“These people aren't for you,” he warned. “They will chew you up and spit you out...." -Vanity Fair
Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

If it's true that Beatrice plans to marry Dave Clark, where do you suppose they'll have the wedding?

I think Andrew and Fergie will want Westminster Abbey, but the article in the Telegraph seems to think St. George's Chapel the most likely place.

Then there's the chapel at SJP. Or what about York Minster, since PA is Duke of York.
I know that's where the Duke of Kent married Katherine Worsley.

Anyone think St. Paul's Cathedral is a possibility?
For some reason, that is never mentioned as an option.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
If it's true that Beatrice plans to marry Dave Clark, where do you suppose they'll have the wedding?
I would say either St George's Windsor or York Minster. Westminster Abbey and St Pauls, no way. state occasions only now. Beatrice and Eugenie. Are not senior enough.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why state occasions only?
I know lots of people marry at the Abbey, royal or not.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Why state occasions only?

I know lots of people marry at the Abbey, royal or not.
the Abbey is used by the BRf for major state functions and senior royal weddings and funerals. the York girls rank alongside Peter and Zara Philips so it will be low key. No senior politicians, no senior overseas royals, no troops, no parades, no disruption to the city. family wedding at St Georges, same as Peter and Autumn.

however, it is possible that the wedding could be in York Minster given their links with the city. In the same way that Zara got married in Edinburgh, given her mothers strong ties with Scotland.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Personally, I think the weddings will be at St George's Chapel at Windsor, with receptions at Frogmore, like Peter Philips. Whilst York may be a theoretical possibility, there are no royal homes nearby to host a reception.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Nobility

The Abbey would be fine for just a wedding, but it would be hard to do it without all the hoopla. It's the ride to and from plus all the security that would make it impossible. It costs too much. I read that William and Kate wanted St Paul's but the gov't voted no because the security costs would be more (since it is a longer distance.)

I would think Windsor is the likely choice.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:18 AM
Courtier

I agree on at George's ... Especially as royal lodge is at Windsor. Although the York minster is a nice homage to York. The same way that Freddie Windsor got married at Hampton Court in Kent.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Personally, I think the weddings will be at St George's Chapel at Windsor, with receptions at Frogmore, like Peter Philips. Whilst York may be a theoretical possibility, there are no royal homes nearby to host a reception.

Harewood House - the home of the Earls of Harewood - the people in the line of succession after Princess Alexandra's family is not far from York and would be suitable and a 'family' home of sorts - the previous Earl died last year and he was a first cousin of The Queen's. Beatrice was there last year to welcome the Olympic Torch to Harewood House at the end of its day's run in the relay.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I agree on at George's ... Especially as royal lodge is at Windsor. Although the York minster is a nice homage to York. The same way that Freddie Windsor got married at Hampton Court in Kent.
Hampton Court is not in Kent. It is in South West London near Richmond
Old 08-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Would a reception (after a ceremony at York Minster) have to be at a private home?
Why couldn't it be at a hotel or something similar?

I know the RF has hosted events at hotels in the past.

(For some reason I'd prefer any other option to St. George's; so many minor royals have been married there, Beatrice may want something different).
Old 08-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If they're having the wedding in York, it would have to be at a hotel as the RF has no private homes up here.
There is a thread for the weddings of Beatrice and Eugenie.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Majesty

The royal family do have very close relatives - as close as the Gloucesters and Kents - with a home up there - the Harewoods. They are the descendents of George V through his daughter Princess Mary and their home is close to York.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Harewood House Leeds Yorkshire | Visit Harewood .
45 min away is Harewood House - still occupied by family

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding