Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I can't see them having two weddings. There's no need for it, for one thing. Plus, Beatrice is a British princess, after-all.

Beatrice is only 26.
The wedding may take place in Switzerland, especially if the Queen and Philip are no longer alive when Beatrice is ready for marriage.

She can have her story book wedding in any country.

If the Queen and/or Philip are alive she may have a small church service in the U.K. followed by a grand wedding on the continent.

Why??? I don't understand why you think either of Andrews daughters have to have a huge wedding. I see their wedding like Zara's. What difference does the Queen being alive have to do with her wedding think I must have missed something on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They may not have to have it but what if one or both wants it? Why should they be denied if that is their dream esp if the public is not fitting the bill? And Beatrice is a Royal Princess and Royal princes daughter and like it or not she is different than Zara.

They may not have to have it but what if one or both wants it? Why should they be denied if that is their dream esp if the public is not fitting the bill? And Beatrice is a Royal Princess and Royal princes daughter and like it or not she is different than Zara.

I think it would be a PR disaster if they had a huge wedding. But I'm sure Sarah and Andrew would love it. To me they are in the same position as Zara and I think that's how most people would think. IMO if the Queen is alive or not would have no bearing on their weddings

I don't think you can have it two ways... If they are are to fade out of the spot light having no Royal role simply be very rich commoners then they by rights should have if they wish the most extravagant wedding they can afford as many many extremely wealthy commoners. They will not be answerable to either royals or public.

Honestly the press and a huge amount of the public are going to lap up any Royal family wedding and if it is not coming out of the public coffers, why would it matter any how ?

Because no matter how much they protest that it isn't coming out of the public coffers the public will believe that it is.

There is also the question of security - which was one of the criticisms of Zara's wedding.

I don't think you can have it two ways... If they are are to fade out of the spot light having no Royal role simply be very rich commoners then they by rights should have if they wish the most extravagant wedding they can afford as many many extremely wealthy commoners. They will not be answerable to either royals or public.

Honestly the press and a huge amount of the public are going to lap up any Royal family wedding and if it is not coming out of the public coffers, why would it matter any how ?

No matter what is said, the public will assume that all costs eventually come out of the public coffers, one way or another. That's why the RF is so careful about their PR.

And then some of the public may kvetch and grumble for awhile but I assure you even if Beatrice gets married in a fortunes worth of precious jewels and a couture gown worth more than the GPA of a small country the Monarchy will survive. Again if she is not destined to be more than a well connected socialite you can't ask her to cater to the Royal family press corps.

And then some of the public may kvetch and grumble for awhile but I assure you even if Beatrice gets married in a fortunes worth of precious jewels and a couture gown worth more than the GPA of a small country the Monarchy will survive. Again if she is not destined to be more than a well connected socialite you can't ask her to cater to the Royal family press corps.

Mmm not too sure about that. The York family have had so much bad press that I don't think a huge royal wedding would go down to well. The monarchy will survive but would have to work their buts off to make up for it

I think you are exaggerating. If Andrews daughter wants to have a glamorous public wedding for one of the biggest days of her life the public is not going to riot or call for abdication .Some politicians may grumble and some press may write articles but it will be a treat and show for most people. I must clearify I don't mean William and Catherine level but perhaps a toned down version.

I think sometimes we get confused what wevon the royal forum want to see and what the rest of the population want.

I think both girls will marry within the next couple of years. I can't see Westminster Abbey but I don't believe Andrew would wish his daughters to wed in anywhere less than a royal chapel, probably St George's.

Hello would help with some of the expenses and would be glad to as royals will attend the reception and there are opportunities for lots of photos.

I can see it being on the same level as Peter and Autumn Phillips' really. I don't think Eugenie in particular would want a huge royal wedding, just something nice with family and friends.

Yes nice, elegant not to small not to large. Eug will probably have an upscale but cozy society wedding.

:previous: That is possible, but not likely, imo. They have both been steadily dating the same guy for some time. Especially Bea and Dave have been together for ages. Imo the weddings will come once they reach the phase of their lives when they want to start a family.
I would tend to agree, but the couple Beatrice-Dave has never convinced me so far... I get the break-up vibe from them!:ermm: But as you say, if they reach the 30s and they's still together, I can see them settle down, as 30 seems like the turning point for starting a family nowadays...

I can see the future York weddings being slightly bigger and than the Philips weddings, but nowhere near as big as the Cambridge wedding. I'm sure that it will be a lot of fun to watch the pics, but I can't imagine a broadcast of the services.

It's highly possible that Beatrice (95% sure) and maybe even Eugenie would go to the altar before their cousin.

I agree on this, but Bea and Eugenie are still younger than Harry, who in few years (if he finds the girl of course) may tie the knot at the same time as his cousins... btw, don't need to be worried about him, there's nothing wrong in being single:lol:

I cannot fathom why ANYONE (exept a Narcist, Exibitionist or with other peculare taste) would want a huge public wedding! That's a pain in the a...

The royals do it because the have to do it, and moaning is loud if they dare to wish for a small, private affair (like Maddeleine did) ... It's the public and the media who wants to see them - not vice versa.

I can't fathom ANYONE especially a modern young woman being Ok ordered to have a certain kind of wedding at a certain Kind of venue so the nebulous 'public' who is not,you know, actually paying for it won't be unhappy ;)

I can't fathom ANYONE especially a modern young woman being Ok ordered to have a certain kind of wedding at a certain Kind of venue so the nebulous 'public' who is not,you know, actually paying for it won't be unhappy ;)

It is pretty much expected, I believe, for young couples that play or are going to be playing a major role in a country's monarchy to know that their nuptials are very much going to be celebrated not only by the public but also with foreign dignitaries and royalty such as William and Kate's wedding was. Even then, William and Kate did manage to do a lot of the wedding how they wanted it to be.

With the York princess mostly being private citizens that do not work for the "Firm", there is no reason whatsoever to expect them to put on the royal parade for the public to gawk at. I think that if HM and Philip are still alive, they will opt to have a wedding at Windsor or a smaller venue as they most certainly would want their grandparents there. If the grandparents have passed on, it wouldn't surprise me at all for them to have a destination wedding such as in Verbiers or Necker Island and solely for close family and friends.

I cannot fathom why ANYONE (exept a Narcist, Exibitionist or with other peculare taste) would want a huge public wedding! That's a pain in the a...

The royals do it because the have to do it, and moaning is loud if they dare to wish for a small, private affair (like Maddeleine did) ... It's the public and the media who wants to see them - not vice versa.

The royals don't have to have a grand occasion - Edward chose to not have a state wedding and marry in the smaller St George's Chapel. If he hadn't said that his wedding would have resembled Andrew's - a grand affair with 1000's of guests, the balcony appearance and all the pomp associated. Instead he chose for a private, smaller (if you can call 500 guests small) wedding with friends and family. Few royals attended and those that did were friends of his - Felipe, Haakon, Joachim to name a few.

I think the York sisters will have a wedding like Peter - St George's Chapel with the media only being able to see them arrive and leave, but I also think a professional photo will be released to mark their wedding. I can't see either of the sisters doing a Hello! spread as they wouldn't want to upset Granny.

I cannot imagine either Beatrice's or Eugenie's weddings being huge public events, but it is quite possible for them to have weddings at Westminster Abbey or York Minster without the pomp and ceremony or being televised.
I think they will have weddings along the lines of Peter's and Zara's - a large turnout from the family, but ultimately a private event with only the media outside the venue.

I imagine the weddings of Beatrice and Eugenia will be more pomp and circumstance than Peter and Zara Phillips weddings for the simple fact that the York daughters are titled. They are official princesses!

Andrew and Sarah won't allow the weddings to be out of the spotlight. HM has a weak spot for Andrew. The biggest factor in the weddings will be if HM and Prince Phillip are alive or not. If not, Charles will make sure that they are much more low key than any wedding of his children and grandchildren. He doesn't have a lot of time for the York ladies.

As for selling the wedding photos, isn't there a restriction on the titled from getting sponsorship or money for royal events? Didn't Princess Anne make sure that this wasn't an issue for her children by not making them a prince or princess? This has allowed Zara to be sponsored by Range Rover, her jewelry enterprise, etc.

Last edited:
Beatrice has a person nearer to home than Zara who has feathered her nest from commercial enterprises, so she should know all about it! There is nothing, absolutely nothing to stop Beatrice from pursuing a career. Her royal status certainly doesn't prevent it, and even if she doesn't make millions like Zara it would still bolster a sense of self-worth and accomplishment.

Does anyone know how many people St George's Windsor can seat? If it's less than 700 or so (and it did look quite small, though very beautiful when I last saw it several years ago) it would be perfect for a wedding in which just relatives and close friends from each side would be invited.

The Phillips and Tindall daughters could be bridesmaids if it happens in a couple of years time.

Last edited:
I think you are exaggerating. If Andrews daughter wants to have a glamorous public wedding for one of the biggest days of her life the public is not going to riot or call for abdication .Some politicians may grumble and some press may write articles but it will be a treat and show for most people. I must clearify I don't mean William and Catherine level but perhaps a toned down version.
I don't know if they'll do that, but it would at least bring in some tourist money.

I don't know if they'll do that, but it would at least bring in some tourist money.

I doubt there would be many tourists for a York wedding IMO the average person couldn't care less about them

Maybe the girls married and we know the day after from the magazines :lol:
Anyway the weddings to be low-keys and of course not like William.

London is already overcrowded with tourists and these will -by surprise- see that "something is going on" and await alongside the route and in front of the venures to see what is happening and then going on with their plans.

I doubt that people from Switzerland, Finland, Portugal, Luxembourg, whatever, order airline tickets and reserve a hotel room because Mr Dave Clark is going to wed Princess Beatrice.

:flowers:

How are you so sure that the Beatrice will marry Mr Dave Clark?
Being together for so many years does not mean that you will definitely get married:ermm:

I agree Tilia. But i think depends what wedding doing Beatrice and who finally guy married.:)

:lol::lol::lol: I do not know if you mean seriously Christiano but for me it was a nice joke:lol::lol::lol: But nooooo i don't think sooooo.

I have my mind maybe another ex royal (who maybe be a currrent) :whistling:

Me i love all that glitter. Besides royals have so many tiaras they need events who they can wore them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree. The sins of the fathers (and mothers) and all that. Too many pursuits by the DM blaring about Beatrice's endless holidays and no job, both too far down the line of accession etc etc. the public's not interested, as the family aren't widely liked.

The next (and last for a generation) royal wedding will be Harry's and that's likely to be broadcast and may take place in the Abbey, but who knows when that will be!

London is already overcrowded with tourists and these will -by surprise- see that "something is going on" and await alongside the route and in front of the venures to see what is happening and then going on with their plans.

I doubt that people from Switzerland, Finland, Portugal, Luxembourg, whatever, order airline tickets and reserve a hotel room because Mr Dave Clark is going to wed Princess Beatrice.

:flowers:

[....] Is it a real possibility? Do people actually do this? [....]

The Prince of Wales did so (a civil and a religious service) so yes, it is a possibility indeed. Also Prince Michael of Kent did marry the Baroness Marie-Christine von Reibnitz with a civil ceremony first (in Vienna) and then a religious wedding (in London).

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales did so (a civil and a religious service) so yes, it is a possibility indeed. Also Prince Michael of Kent did marry the Baroness Marie-Christine von Reibnitz with a civil ceremony first (in Vienna) and then a religious wedding (in London).
There were reasons for these civil marriages. And these reasons are not valid for Beatrice and Eugenie. At least where their current partners are concernerd, there is no divorce preventing an anglican wedding. And traditionally weddings take place at the bride's place. Marie-Christine von Reibnitz is an Austrian by birth who wanted to have at least one ceremony at home in Austria. The religious wedding in London was the concession to the royal status of the groom.

Unless they want to break the tradition to have their wedding at home, there currently is no reason at all why the York Princesses should have a civil and a religious wedding. They could break with that tradition and have a destination wedding. But then the two come across as to ladies who cherish their countries and their family's traditions and values. So I don't think that they'd want weddings abroad.
Being together for so many years does not mean that you will definitely get married:ermm:
Of course one can't be sure that it will be Dave Clark. But from the current perspective he is by far the most likely candidate.:flowers:

There is no security in life, but when people spend a long time together the chances are greater that this will result in a formal bond. That may be clear. When Princess Beatrice would marry a popular celebrity, for an example Cristiano Ronaldo, then the public interest will be waaaay bigger. That is obvious.

There is no security in life, but when people spend a long time together the chances are greater that this will result in a formal bond. That may be clear. When Princess Beatrice would marry a popular celebrity, for an example Cristiano Ronaldo, then the public interest will be waaaay bigger. That is obvious.

I do think they will marry at some point. But I think that since they have seen their parents together and not married for the majority of their lives, that they see that as a real option, with real benefits as well. I think their very singular experience watching Mom and Dad and the impact of the royal family likely gives Bea and Eug a very different perspective than most of us have on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom