The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't see The Queen and Prince Philip hurting their grandchildren by not attending their weddings because of their mother's past mistakes. If they're not sick or something, they will be there.

I do think the royals dislike of Sarah is overplayed in the media.
I agree. Barring illness - I can't see anything keeping HM and the DoE from their granddaughters weddings.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
William and Harry's coming of age parties were also for young people but they both attended those birthday parties. Same with Zara and Peter's - it was only Beatrice's they didn't attend as Eugenie didn't even have one - probably because she knew her grandparents wouldn't attend because her mother was there.

Philip's hatred for Sarah is well known and The Queen is ruled by Philip in family matters.

That is why I see the girls marrying overseas or having very small intimate weddings.
I thought for Williams at least they did attend but left early to leave the young ones to it? It just happened that the whole comedy terrorist/royal security thing kicked off while HM and DoE were there so its assumed they attended the whole thing.
At Zara's wedding I think HM and the DoE left for Balmoral after the dinner but before the "proper" party began so I think they would do exactly the same for the York girls. Anything else would be pounced on by the media. Afterall at the actual ceremony they could arrive and leave without even needing to speak to Sarah at all, I really just don't think HM would miss one of her grandchildren's wedding while she was still physically able to attend.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

If I were Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, I'd be very hurt if my grandparents did not attend my wedding.

I don't think the Queen, nor the Duke of Edinburgh, will miss their granddaughters' weddings.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Gentry

In most families, there are relatives who don't get on, especially after a divorce. People usually manage to put their feelings aside and put up with each other at a wedding rather than ruin the day for the happy couple, and I'm sure the royals would be no different. Diana's parents divorced on very bad terms but managed to be polite to each other for their children's weddings.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

And I don't think that Sarah is so hated by the Royal Family. After all, she's still living in a Royal residence.

And I'll never rule out the possibility of remarriage between Prince Andrew and Sarah. Maybe after the deaths of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Oh for God's sake please dont bring back the topic of remarriage of Andrew and Sarah..The eternal fairy-tale immortal lovers separated by the evil vily Philip..waiting for him to die so that then can marry again and live happily forever..

Yup, I already pointed out a few posts back that if Queen and DoE loathed Sarah that much, they would have never let Andrew give her "asylum" in the Royal Lodge..
Old 03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Majesty

No, The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh wouldn't miss their granddaughter's weddings because of Sarah. I think despite past issues, they would be nothing but nice to Sarah upon encounting her at the future weddings.

It would be bad form on The Queen & Prince Philip's part to put past issues ahead of the happiness of Beatrice or Eugenie's wedding day. They know how Sarah is loved by her daughters and how much Sarah love her children. Also, despite past issues, Andrew remain very close to Sarah and would want the family to be together on a joyous occasion.

The family hatred for Sarah is overplayed, IMO.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Oh for God's sake please dont bring back the topic of remarriage of Andrew and Sarah..The eternal fairy-tale immortal lovers separated by the evil vily Philip..waiting for him to die so that then can marry again and live happily forever..

Yup, I already pointed out a few posts back that if Queen and DoE loathed Sarah that much, they would have never let Andrew give her "asylum" in the Royal Lodge..
Evil vily Philip's part its up to your imagination. I was just suggesting that I believe it's possible for Andrew and Sarah to remarry.

And I don't think this is off topic in a thread called "Future York weddings".
Old 03-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Thats what everyone means when they say "they will marry after the death of Philip"..Isnt it? If they wanted to marry they could have married long back, who stopped them..
And, it didnt really strike to anyone that "the Future York Weddings" thread also covers the prospective re-marriage of Andrew and Sarah.. Technically correct, but it was extensively discussed to saturation in the thread "Andrew-Sarah: Marriage,Divorce"..
Old 03-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Thats what everyone means when they say "they will marry after the death of Philip"..Isn't it?
That's not what I mean.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Courtier

Ok ok sorry. I didnt mean to single you out. I told in a general way. Most people believe that Andrew and Sarah are still very much in love and though they desperately want to marry again, they cant since Prince Philip is dead against it. I am very irritated at this notion, and I showed it on you when you brought this topic..Thats all..
Just why will Philip and Queen force Andrew not to marry her if he is that much in love with her..Afterall they allowed Charles to marry..SO I believe it is a wrong assumption, often fuelled by our 'romantic' instincts, inspired by epic love tragedies..
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Well, maybe the will never remarry.

But what's the proof we have that they aren't "cohabiting"?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I could actually see them remarrying in the future, and I think a part of the reason why they haven't (if they want to) is Philip and HM.

I don't think it's a case of "they want to but Philip is a big meanie and won't let them" as it is "they might want to but realize that that would make things awkward for the overall family and are waiting until the older generation is no longer in the picture." I think if Andrew were to remarry Sarah then HM and the DoE would not be in attendance and that would just end up being a massive tabloid fodder and create a scandal. This would be despite the fact that they didn't attend Charles' second wedding (I'm not sure if they were in attendance at Anne's second wedding).
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
This would be despite the fact that they didn't attend Charles' second wedding (I'm not sure if they were in attendance at Anne's second wedding).
They attended Charles' second wedding: they were at blessing ceremony like all guests, they were "in the picture".
Philip drove Anne to the church.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
They attended Charles' second wedding: they were at blessing ceremony like all guests, they were "in the picture".
Philip drove Anne to the church.
The service of blessing was not the wedding ceremony.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...the-Queen.html
Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Unless the wedding is overseas I cannot see either HM or HRH missing it, especially if it is a public or semi public wedding such as at St Georges, if only for PR reasons. At the end of the day the girls are their grandchildren, and really one can avoid talking to the mother of the bride if one really wants to especially if there are a few hundred other guests.
There is a huge difference between a BDAY and a wedding. Even the big birthdays can easily and nicely be covered by a nice, private breakfast or lunch with the gran and granddad where they give you the outrageous set of pearls, or signed photo or whatever.
Honestly, if my gran were the Queen, I'd be happy to celebrate privately rather than have her stand there silently as I blew out the candles. Actually - I think that's true of me and my Gran, who isn't the Queen.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I had to put Church before Charles, says the Queen - Telegraph
But its the church service that matters most to the Queen

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I had to put Church before Charles, says the Queen - Telegraph
The Queen usually attends only church part of wedding. She doesn't go to see registration, she sits on her place.
And blessing was part of this wedding, very important part.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

But its the church service that matters most to the Queen
My point is that she didn't attend the wedding - they didn't have a church wedding and pointedly did not attend the actual wedding. The service of blessing was not the wedding - it was a blessing undertaken to show that while the couple could not be married within the Anglican Church the church still supported the marriage that had already taken place.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Majesty

Well, if Andrew & Sarah want to remarry, I think they should go ahead. I just think they okay how everything is now. Is Philip stopping them? I don't know but I really don't think so.

I do know it has been said by royal correspondents, royal historians and others that the thought of Charles marrying Camilla while The Queen Mother was alive was pretty much out. They did so a couple of years after her passing.

I can see there's a bond and friendship Andrew & Sarah have and their past mistakes have not broken their bond and family.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding