Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest if they were planning to announce an engagement anytime soon I hope they wait until its all died down. The media would have a field day with speculation over who would and wouldn't attend - all of Andrew's less desirable/high profile friends.
Whilst it might seem unfair, for the couple themselves it would probably be better to wait and so it can really all be about them.

If Princess Beatrice and David are to announce an engagement and a possible wedding date, at the present time it would be best to keep this information amongst immediate family and perhaps a few friends.
One never knows where there might be a newspaper person ready for a front page story.

I have the strange feeling this year might be the turning point: split or wedding...

I think so too. Nine years should be long enough to decide whether to move to the next level, or just move on.

They might never get married just go on as they are. It wouldn't be easy having a wedding at the moment and whatever wedding they had would be wrong. Too much money spent on it , not grand enough, does Sarah sit with the royal family ?? They might just think it's not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I have that feeling too. Their body language in the pictures from St. Barts didn't show
closeness of a happy couple.

They might never get married just go on as they are. It wouldn't be easy having a wedding at the moment and whatever wedding they had would be wrong. Too much money spent on it , not grand enough, does Sarah sit with the royal family ?? They might just think it's not worth it

They may decide that it's not worth it but I hope the royal family doesn't make those decisions based on possible criticism. There will always be critics.

They could go on for a while. If they get married, they will probably do so when they are ready to have children. I don't think she will have a wedding to rival her parents, their father is not the monarch. It will probably be more along the lines of Zara and Peter's weddings.

I think Sarah will sit with the royal family. She will be the mother of the bride. Didn't Mark Phillips sit with the royal family at Zara and Peter's weddings?

Last edited:
They may decide that it's not worth it but I hope the royal family doesn't make those decisions based on possible criticism. There will always be critics.

They could go on for a while. If they get married, they will probably do so when they are ready to have children. I don't think she will have a wedding to rival her parents, their father is not the monarch. It will probably be more along the lines of Zara and Peter's weddings.

I think Sarah will sit with the royal family. She will be the mother of the bride. Didn't Mark Phillips sit with the royal family at Zara and Peter's weddings?

Or maybe they are waiting for the Cambridge Baby to be born. Beatrice would become 7th in the succession, thus no more consent of the Sovereign will be required.

Expecting an announcement of the engagement maybe one or two months after the second Cambridge toddler is here.

I have that feeling too. Their body language in the pictures from St. Barts didn't show
closeness of a happy couple.

Beatrice and David have never appeared as particularly close or connected in photos, imo. I think in all their years as a couple I've only seen them even holding hands once.:ermm:

Beatrice and David have never appeared as particularly close or connected in photos, imo. I think in all their years as a couple I've only seen them even holding hands once.:ermm:

I just googled "Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark" and was presented with dozens of photos of them looking very happy and relaxed in each other's company. I quickly spotted two photos of them holding hands, many photos showing them leaning into each other, some with their arms around each other, and a couple even hugging. The body language between them tells me this is a happy couple, but couples who are blissfully happy in each other's company have disagreements, and moments when they are thinking about other things that upset them, and if they are photographed at those moments they might look sad or a bit grumpy.

Or maybe they are waiting for the Cambridge Baby to be born. Beatrice would become 7th in the succession, thus no more consent of the Sovereign will be required.

Expecting an announcement of the engagement maybe one or two months after the second Cambridge toddler is here.

Well, the new princess Cambridge has arrived. We'll have to wait and see if there are any engagement news coming from the York family :flowers:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...Beatrice-no-longer-6th-in-line-to-throne.html

Last edited:
Bea and Dave been dating for ever right up there with William and kate I think it was 9 years there were together before they got married and they have been together 7 I think it is Also Bea may be trying to get hubby to be a royal title since she wont be princess any more she will become a MRS

Bea and Dave been dating for ever right up there with William and kate I think it was 9 years there were together before they got married and they have been together 7 I think it is Also Bea may be trying to get hubby to be a royal title since she wont be princess any more she will become a MRS

She will always be a princess, much like Princess Alexandra who simply became known as HRH Princess Alexandra, Mrs. Ogilvy.

Beatrice will be HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Mrs. XYZ.

Lets hope that Bea's marriage will be a big national event...
Im talking Westminster Abbey ... when she marries her Beau ..
( isnt he American ? )

We are in need of a wonderful Royal Marriage to light up the summer of 2016 ?
Bea will be the perfect bride ( just like her dear old mum all those years ago ! )

Come on Bea... get it together !

( isnt he American ? )

Bea will be the perfect bride ( just like her dear old mum all those years ago ! )

It will probably be a low-key, private ceremony. Princess Beatrice is too far down in the line of succession for her wedding to be a national event. I guess we will have to wait for Harry's wedding to get a public, televised event again.

( isnt he American ? )

I would be surprised if there will be a big wedding at the Abbey or St Pauls. More likely to be St George's in Windsor, with a reception at Frogmore (or perhaps, the castle), quite like Peter & Autumn's wedding.

I don't even know that Harry would get a big wedding. The Yorks definitely aren't getting one.

It's going to be like Peter or Zara's.

I would be surprised if there will be a big wedding at the Abbey or St Pauls. More likely to be St George's in Windsor, with a reception at Frogmore (or perhaps, the castle), quite like Peter & Autumn's wedding.

Although I agree on this scenario for Beatrice's wedding, I can picture Andrew making his voice heard loudly that his girls should have weddings befitting for a royal princess and that means big and bold. He's that kind of guy :D

She most likely will become HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs David Clark, seeing the past: HRH Princess Alexandra, Mrs Angus Ogilvy or HRH Princess Mary, Viscountess Lascelles, etc.

I think it would be great if Beatrice held her wedding at York Minster. I just think it would be fitting with her family title.

Bea is an attractive Princess...

Dave a charming American

Bea is granddaughter of the Queen

Lets make it May 2016 Westminster Abbey.... a huge, glamorous wedding

... timed for 2 pm to let American TV audiences watch it live too
( 9 am NY time )

(We cant wait forever for Harry, hes enjoying his globetrotting far too much to
ever settle down. )

Bea is an attractive Princess...

Dave a charming American

Bea is granddaughter of the Queen

Lets make it May 2016 Westminster Abbey.... a huge, glamorous wedding

... timed for 2 pm to let American TV audiences watch it live too
( 9 am NY time )

(We cant wait forever for Harry, hes enjoying his globetrotting far too much to
ever settle down. )

It would not surprise me when Princess Beatrice decides to have an intimate wedding à la the Casiraghi's. A big, televized wedding while you disappear from the royal scene after that is not logic. The only big royal wedding to come will be that of Prince Henry.

Look at the U.S. TV coverage of Charlotte's birth versus George's, it pales by comparison. The U.S. TV stations wouldn't air Beatrice wedding live. She isn't that important.

Plus with government austerity, the government isn't going to want to foot the security bill for a big wedding for the Yorks or maybe even Harry. George as a future King is probably the only guaranteed big wedding.

we ll just have to wait 25 years then till Prince George ties the knot !

Beatrice's future wedding don't have to be an inside Live Coverage wedding. There could be live coverage of the guest and royals arriving and departing, just like Zara's.

I would think Harry's future wedding will be inside live coverage.

Look at the U.S. TV coverage of Charlotte's birth versus George's, it pales by comparison. The U.S. TV stations wouldn't air Beatrice wedding live. She isn't that important.

I disagree. From where I sit, the coverage for Charlotte's birth was just as hystrical as George's birth. All the networks and cable had reporters at the hospital waiting and they were interviewing anyone they could find who had even the most tenuous connection to the royals. People magazine had her on the cover and, in the three or so months since she and/or George have been on their cover maybe five times. There is also a "commemorative" People mag about Charlotte's birth and christening. It's selling like hotcakes. A lot of Americans are pretty nutty about the royals, especially the Cambridges.

I do agree that no American network would interrupt their programming to broadcast Beatrice's wedding, even if it is to an American, because she is totally unimportant. It would, at best, receive 90 seconds on the noon news shows.

P.S.: For some reason, I don't think Beatrice or Eugenie will ever actually get married. I don't know why but they just don't appear to want marriage. Perhaps I'm reading too much into their upbringing and how it might have affected them.

It would not surprise me when Princess Beatrice decides to have an intimate wedding à la the Casiraghi's. A big, televized wedding while you disappear from the royal scene after that is not logic. The only big royal wedding to come will be that of Prince Henry.

Actually I would not be surprised of Beatrice decides to go down the route of a continental style wedding in the late afternoon, followed by a black tie or a white tie dinner.

Actually I would not be surprised of Beatrice decides to go down the route of a continental style wedding in the late afternoon, followed by a black tie or a white tie dinner.

That means that her wedding would be grander and with more glanz und gloria than the ones of her parents, her aunt, her uncles and her cousins. I doubt it will be like that, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom