Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ok sorry. I didnt mean to single you out. I told in a general way. Most people believe that Andrew and Sarah are still very much in love and though they desperately want to marry again, they cant since Prince Philip is dead against it. I am very irritated at this notion, and I showed it on you when you brought this topic..Thats all..
Just why will Philip and Queen force Andrew not to marry her if he is that much in love with her..Afterall they allowed Charles to marry..SO I believe it is a wrong assumption, often fuelled by our 'romantic' instincts, inspired by epic love tragedies..

Well, maybe the will never remarry.

But what's the proof we have that they aren't "cohabiting"?

I could actually see them remarrying in the future, and I think a part of the reason why they haven't (if they want to) is Philip and HM.

I don't think it's a case of "they want to but Philip is a big meanie and won't let them" as it is "they might want to but realize that that would make things awkward for the overall family and are waiting until the older generation is no longer in the picture." I think if Andrew were to remarry Sarah then HM and the DoE would not be in attendance and that would just end up being a massive tabloid fodder and create a scandal. This would be despite the fact that they didn't attend Charles' second wedding (I'm not sure if they were in attendance at Anne's second wedding).

This would be despite the fact that they didn't attend Charles' second wedding (I'm not sure if they were in attendance at Anne's second wedding).
They attended Charles' second wedding: they were at blessing ceremony like all guests, they were "in the picture".
Philip drove Anne to the church.

Unless the wedding is overseas I cannot see either HM or HRH missing it, especially if it is a public or semi public wedding such as at St Georges, if only for PR reasons. At the end of the day the girls are their grandchildren, and really one can avoid talking to the mother of the bride if one really wants to especially if there are a few hundred other guests.

There is a huge difference between a BDAY and a wedding. Even the big birthdays can easily and nicely be covered by a nice, private breakfast or lunch with the gran and granddad where they give you the outrageous set of pearls, or signed photo or whatever.
Honestly, if my gran were the Queen, I'd be happy to celebrate privately rather than have her stand there silently as I blew out the candles. Actually - I think that's true of me and my Gran, who isn't the Queen. :lol:

Last edited:
But its the church service that matters most to the Queen

My point is that she didn't attend the wedding - they didn't have a church wedding and pointedly did not attend the actual wedding. The service of blessing was not the wedding - it was a blessing undertaken to show that while the couple could not be married within the Anglican Church the church still supported the marriage that had already taken place.

Well, if Andrew & Sarah want to remarry, I think they should go ahead. I just think they okay how everything is now. Is Philip stopping them? I don't know but I really don't think so.

I do know it has been said by royal correspondents, royal historians and others that the thought of Charles marrying Camilla while The Queen Mother was alive was pretty much out. They did so a couple of years after her passing.

I can see there's a bond and friendship Andrew & Sarah have and their past mistakes have not broken their bond and family.

Feel sorry for the daughters of Sarah because if they invite their mother, then other family members will not attend. If I were one of her daughters, I would feel bad about this. This has gone on for nearly 2 decades, Sarah being excluded from various events or if she is included, she's treated like an outsider.

If one isn't going to attend a party because so and so is there usually it's because of a strong dislike (not necessarily hatred but strong dislike) of a person for something that they did or something that they said, etc. Royals seem to have a very long memory of this when they feel someone has wronged them or wronged someone in their family. In Sarah's case, it seems to be more selective. Forgiveness takes a long time, if ever. They haven't forgotten Sarah's mistakes and most likely never will and when she's excluded from events, this is a way to remind her.

I think it's because of Prince Andrew that she is living where she is because if it were up to other family members once her daughters were grown, then she would be on her own.

Wouldn't it be something if one of the daughters in order to avoid all the family drama eloped and got married in a place like Las Vegas or in a place that there were not well known. Don't know what the consequences of such an action would be on them as there is certain protocol that one must follow.

Wouldn't it be something if one of the daughters in order to avoid all the family drama eloped and got married in a place like Las Vegas or in a place that there were not well known. Don't know what the consequences of such an action would be on them as there is certain protocol that one must follow.

If one of them marries without the Queen's consent, the marriege will not be valid in the United Kingdom.

Having the Queen's consent, they can marry on the Moon with no consequences.

Last edited:
:previous:

Currently, that may be true for Royals under the age of 25. However, any member of the Royal Family over the age of 25, who has been refused the Monarch's consent, may marry a year after giving formal notice to the Privy Council, unless both houses of the Parliament expressly voice their objections.

In the long run, however, that will prove to be irrelevant anyway. Once baby Cambridge is born, Beatrice and Eugenie will be respectively 6th and 7th in the Line of Succession. Under the Succession to the Crown Bill 2012, only the first six persons in the succession line will need to obtain Royal Consent for their marriages. Thus, Eugenie will, in all probability, not seek or receive consent. And as for Beatrice she only needs to wait until William has another child, or until Harry has one, not to need any consent either.

I think The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh will show nothing but kindness to Sarah at her daughters future weddings. They wouldn't want to hurt their granddaughters on their wedding day or any other day.

I think the problem lies with the media. The media would have a fun day coming up with stories on how The Queen, Prince Philip and the royal family completely ignored Sarah. There would be media drummed up controversy over which royals are willing to attend an event with Sarah. The media's agenda is to throw Sarah's past mistakes in her face at all times. They also know that they have an audience who also enjoy the game of casting Sarah into the lions den over her past issues.

Although I don't think The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh will allow the media to dictate their attendance at Beatrice & Eugenie's future weddings.

They could go and just avoid Sarah if she really is the problem. I think the DofE could skip it but I'm not so sure the Queen would. We need Beatrice to get married then we will all know for sure. All of their friends seem to be getting married overseas so that wouldn't be out of the question for the girls although I do believe Andrew and Sarah would both want a big wedding like Zara got and I just don't see Sarah missing out on the opportunity of being mother of the bride.

Actually overseas would allow Sarah to be far more the mother of the bride than a wedding in the UK where other then the bride the attention would be on her relatives, who turned up and what they wore.

I actually think this discussion is getting rather stuck. HM and the DoE are, IMO, master performers and tend not to let the presence of others bother them. For all the history, HM met and shook hands with Martin McGuiness last year - in comparison, Sarah hardly matters. I am sure Hm and the DoE will attend the York weddings, and if Sarah is present, will greet her.

Feel sorry for the daughters of Sarah because if they invite their mother, then other family members will not attend. If I were one of her daughters, I would feel bad about this. This has gone on for nearly 2 decades, Sarah being excluded from various events or if she is included, she's treated like an outsider.

If one isn't going to attend a party because so and so is there usually it's because of a strong dislike (not necessarily hatred but strong dislike) of a person for something that they did or something that they said, etc. Royals seem to have a very long memory of this when they feel someone has wronged them or wronged someone in their family. In Sarah's case, it seems to be more selective. Forgiveness takes a long time, if ever. They haven't forgotten Sarah's mistakes and most likely never will and when she's excluded from events, this is a way to remind her.

I think it's because of Prince Andrew that she is living where she is because if it were up to other family members once her daughters were grown, then she would be on her own.

I think the problem is not so much Sarah's past disgraces as concern for her tendency to use her daughters' royal status to promote herself. It was what, 2 years ago when she was blathering to the press about how hurt she was to be excluded from W&K's wedding and then there was that dreadful Oprah series where she discussed @ length why her own marriage ended. She was and continues to be a loose canon when it comes to publicity and that, I suspect is why it is unsafe to be friendly towards her - she'll blab about it. A fear that she would spill all to the press would be the concern for the RF. If she had done as Camilla and Mark Phillips did and kept her mouth shut and lived her life w/out courting celebrity for herself I believe that her present position w/ the royal family would be much better. Harry's presence on the skiing trip where Sarah was suggests to me that things are not as strained as the press reports.
If she can be reigned in and agrees to not talk to the press about the weddings or use them in any way to promote her own celebrity, then I expect the Queen will attend her grandaughters' weddings, as for Phillip, I'm not so sure, he doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly.

Last edited:
I actually think this discussion is getting rather stuck. HM and the DoE are, IMO, master performers and tend not to let the presence of others bother them. For all the history, HM met and shook hands with Martin McGuiness last year - in comparison, Sarah hardly matters. I am sure Hm and the DoE will attend the York weddings, and if Sarah is present, will greet her.

Yes, exactly. I imagine those weddings will be about the bride and groom, as they should be, and everyone the girls love will be present.

Am I the only one who believes that on the day that Beatrice and Eugenie get married that W&K will have "pressing engagements" elsewhere or William will have to work? I don't believe that there will ever be an opportunity for Sarah to have a picture cozying up to Kate. The Palace will be able to say that the two have never met.

Yes I think you are - that is a really horrible comment.

I think if that happened then it would be incredibly rude of William and Catherine - almost as rude (although not quite) as if HM and the DoE chose not to attend.

How much of the family was in attendance at Zara and Peter's weddings? And was Mark Phillips (and his second wife, for that matter) at either wedding? Were any of the Spencers at William's wedding? If so, that can give us a bit of an idea of the attitudes at the future York weddings.

Of course Mark and his 2nd wife were at his childrens weddings, along with Anne and her second husband. The Spencers were at Williams wedding, including the earl and his future 3rd countess. Tony Snowdon attended his childrens weddings. Mark, Tony & Sarah all attended the Queen Mothers funeral as well.

Last edited:
Yes, you are the only one that thinks that. The rest of us understand that William and Kate probably care much more about their family members and the happiness of their cousins than they do about any snide comments the press might make.

Of course Mark and his 2nd wife were at his childrens weddings, along with Anne and her second husband. The Spencers were at Williams wedding, including the earl and his future 3rd countess. Tony Snowdon attended his childrens weddings. Mark, Tony & Sarah all attended the Queen Mothers funeral as well.

So, if the Windsor-Mountbattens were able to tolerate being in a room together with the Phillips to see first Peter, then Zara married off, they were able to tolerate being in a room with Charles Spencer and family to see William married off (and presumably will do so for Harry in the future) and for Diana's funeral, and they were able to tolerate being in a room with both Mark and Sarah for the funeral of the Queen Mother, I think they can stand to be in a room with Sarah long enough to see Beatrice and Eugenie married off. I mean, let's be honest, it's not likely to be a small room.

Earl Spencer has let it be known that this fued the media report on bewteen them and the royal family is way overplayed. The Spencer's get along with The Queen, Prince Philip and other members of the royal family.

Sarah and the royals seem to be okay with each other. If ever they come in contact with each other, they seem to greet each other with respect and friendliness. Prince Andrew has mentioned in an interview a while back, Sarah and The Queen get along pretty well. They have a great deal in common and can talk about things Andrew knows nothing about.

Sarah may not be included in family events but the royals aren't that cold hearted that they would skip Beatrice & Eugenie's future weddings because Sarah will be there. I think if The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh is able to attend, they will be there.

One of the fairly recent documentaries about the Queen (I think it was Monarchy) showed the photographs around her desk in her private office. There was a contemporary one of Andrew, Sarah & the girls.

If the Queen found Sarah so beyond the pale that she would miss her granddaughters' weddings I think it unlikely she would choose a photo that includes Sarah for her private office.

William didn't attend Peter's wedding, just reminding people, he was in Africa.

William apparently had a valid reason for not attending Peter's wedding. And Kate very much attended it. Moreover coldness between William and Peter/Zara is the last thing I (or majority of people here) would buy. So there is no way we can take William's absence at Peter's wedding, as the basis for the "imagination" that Will-Kate may skip Bea/Eu's wedding..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom