The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Courtier

As for the hat she didn't have to wear it. She has lots of hats and if she really thought it was that ridicules she could have said no. Besides she would have seen a sketch and tried it on at least once so I don't buy the she didn't know what she was getting idea. The girl has very little taste in hats and clothes she just doesn't have a good eye for fashion. She loves hats that get attention I remember that butterfly hat it was awful and there have been others. She knows a bad hat gets lots of attention she has done it several times there is even a website dedicated to her bad hats! Eugenie didn't look much better that skirt was odd and the top too tight her hat was ugly but not as stupid looking as Bea's. Glad she turned it around and got money for charity but I hope she doesn't continue to do such things.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I get a feeling an engagement isn't too far off for her we still have the rest of the year to go!
I'm betting Beatrice will marry in 2013 (I agree with those who said not in the Jubilee Year). She turns 25 that year, which is the age royals can marry without the Queen's consent (not that I think the Queen would withhold it from Beatrice and Dave).

Old 06-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I'm betting Beatrice will marry in 2013 (I agree with those who said not in the Jubilee Year). She turns 25 that year, which is the age royals can marry without the Queen's consent (not that I think the Queen would withhold it from Beatrice and Dave).

But without the Queen's consent they have to wait another year.

The RMA gives two ways a royal can marry - with the consent of the monarch or after 25 they can apply to the Privy Council directly and they can get consent that way but only after a year and only if neither of the houses of parliament have expressed a negative viewpoint.

So they can't marry at 25 without the Queen's consent - they can at 26 if, at 25, they applied to the Privy Council and neither of the houses of parliament objected.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do think Beatrice will marry several years before Eugenie does.
(I could see Eugenie waiting until she's around thirty).
Old 08-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It is also why I suspect that they mightn't attend her wedding and will find some excuse.
Interesting point, bertie. I actually stated this on another thread - saying that if Beatrice were to marry Dave Clark, if the wedding was held on Necker Island, then it would give the Queen and Prince Philip an easy excuse for not attending: 'we are too old to travel that far for a wedding etc'. There may however be a half-way house about attending a York princess wedding: to me, the most amazing thing about Catherine and William's wedding and then Zara and Mike's happy day was how they had 're-defined' Royal Weddings:, not so long ago, the typical Royal wedding was Church Ceremony followed by a 'formal wedding breakfast' at which only the Royal family and very close friends and relatives would be present for the duration. Edward and Sophie set the stage for change to begin, with an evening reception but it was at William's and Zara's weddings that things really did alter dramatically: Church Ceremony [in the usual 'Windsor Way'] but THEN a Reception at which many more of the couple's friends were present, FOLLOWED BY the novel concept of the Queen actually leaving early to 'let the young folk carry on'. Extrapolating this a bit, I can well imagine that if Beatrice and Eugenie marry in the UK, all the Royal Family could be present at the Religious Ceremony, but the Queen and Prince Philip could then absent themselves [pleading old age and tiredness] from the Reception and the otherwise inevitable meeting with Sarah.............. Just a thought and not meant to offend.

Alex
Old 08-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Nobility

I do not think for one minute that William and Harry would skip her wedding. Missing a birthday is one thing. It would be a horrible snub to skip the wedding. It is very likely that the Queen would leave the reception early. I don't think this would be to avoid Sarah, as much as to let the young people have their fun. She left William's and Zara's weddings early.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Courtier

If Beatrice and Dave do get married next year I wonder if her mother will still be following her daughter around like an older sister? Only this time it will be with her son-in-law tagged on as well.

Sarah has never developed an independent life away from her daughters. She should have developed her own life and interests but seems to be constantly living in her daughters' shadow!

52 on 15 October 2011 ... maybe there is still that special someone for her, waiting to take her away from it all, and give her daughters a break!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post

I do not think for one minute that William and Harry would skip her wedding. Missing a birthday is one thing. It would be a horrible snub to skip the wedding. It is very likely that the Queen would leave the reception early. I don't think this would be to avoid Sarah, as much as to let the young people have their fun. She left William's and Zara's weddings early.

As they skipped her formal 18th coming of age birthday to attend a friend's 23rd I could easily see them not attending Beatrice's wedding.

As Philip has made it clear that he won't go anywhere where Sarah is and the Queen is ruled, in family matters by Philip, they simply won't be able to attend as they would have to actually sit near her at the wedding itself.

I can see the girls both choosing very low key weddings with just a few friends to avoid having to have the snub made public e.g. Necker Island but inviting none of the family either other than parents and siblings.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

I think the Queen atleast would forgo the animosity for one day, for her granddaughters... They can very easily arrange it so that the Queen would'nt have to say a word to the duchess. It would be the mature thing to do for both the girls, I think...
Old 08-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
I think the Queen atleast would forgo the animosity for one day, for her granddaughters... They can very easily arrange it so that the Queen would'nt have to say a word to the duchess. It would be the mature thing to do for both the girls, I think...

The problem is Philip - if Philip says no then the Queen will go along with him - he has ruled the family since day 1.

The Queen has been true to her vows and her wedding vows included 'obey' so at home Philip rules not the Queen.

It would be hard to avoid Sarah as she would be in the front row right next to Andrew.

I think the girls will try to avoid the situation by possibly having very small weddings and even going overseas.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Which is the point I was making in my post, EchoLynn.

Bertie is quite right about Philip being head of the family; but if the wedding is abroad then I think that the Queen and Prince Philip would not attend citing age and infirmity, and if the wedding is in the UK, then, as I said in my post, there could be an appearance at the Religious service followed - at most - by a quick 'in-and-out' at the reception, with minimal contact with Sarah.........
Old 08-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Courtier

It can be arranged that Sarah have little contact with them at the wedding and I don't think they would snub their granddaughters. Easy to skip the reception and just go to the service. I think it would be in the UK and do you really see Sarah being happy with a small wedding? I don't she likes being seen and her daughters wedding would be hard for her to resist not making it a real social event. Look at Bea's birthday it seemed there were as many of Sarah's friends. Could be a couple of years yet Bea could get engaged at the end of next year then married the following. It may also depend on whether she wants a career. I bet Hello get's a look in too!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
No matter what animosity exists between family members, most families are able to set them aside for a short time in honor of the bride or groom's special day.

Philip may really have a big dislike for Sarah, but I don't think that he would be that much of an ogre to insist on non-attendance (because of Sarah) as it would cause hurts to one of his granddaughters.

I also don't see Sarah having free reign over either of her daughters weddings either. I think it would mostly be up to the couple themselves, perhaps the Queen also (she played a big part in Will and Kate's wedding), and also the groom's parents. Its very possible that they all will have a beautiful, joyous time and it will go off without a hitch.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Aristocracy

It is more than just a family wedding. While it is that, the BRF also have to consider "The Firm". IMHO I would guess that HM and the DoE would attend the wedding, the rest of the BRF would attend both the wedding and the reception. The exception to that would be Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine, who will be excused because of work commitments.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder what the relationship is like between HM, DoE and the York Princesses? Are they close enough to their grandparents like Zara is with them or is it strained because of their Mom's doing?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
No matter what animosity exists between family members, most families are able to set them aside for a short time in honor of the bride or groom's special day.

Philip may really have a big dislike for Sarah, but I don't think that he would be that much of an ogre to insist on non-attendance (because of Sarah) as it would cause hurts to one of his granddaughters.

I also don't see Sarah having free reign over either of her daughters weddings either. I think it would mostly be up to the couple themselves, perhaps the Queen also (she played a big part in Will and Kate's wedding), and also the groom's parents. Its very possible that they all will have a beautiful, joyous time and it will go off without a hitch.

If the animosity stopped them attending her coming of age birthday party then it is perfectly possible it would stop them attending their weddings.

It would be almost better for them not to attend rather than cause the upset by snubbing her once there.

I would like to think that they would put aside their issues with Sarah but I can't see Philip doing so and if he says he won't attend because of Sarah then the others won't either. I really do think he expects the girls to choose the Queen over their own mother.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I would like to think that they would put aside their issues with Sarah but I can't see Philip doing so and if he says he won't attend because of Sarah then the others won't either. I really do think he expects the girls to choose the Queen over their own mother.
The more I think about it, the more I think that perhaps Philip may be a non-issue as far as the York girl's weddings go. Its very probable that they may not even marry till after Philip is no longer with us. A lot of girls are waiting until they're into their late 20s before thinking marriage.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think that perhaps Philip may be a non-issue as far as the York girl's weddings go. Its very probable that they may not even marry till after Philip is no longer with us. A lot of girls are waiting until they're into their late 20s before thinking marriage.

Agree - but if the rumours are true about Dave about the propose to Beatrice then it could be an issue in the Jubilee Year.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Courtier

Dave and Bea have already been together for 5 years so no I don't see Bea waiting till her late 20's. I do think she is a little young but after 5 years you want to move to the next level. She has finished university and unless she has a specific career in mind that would require her full attention I don't see why she wouldn't marry Dave in the next year or two. Why couldn't there be a wedding in the Queens Jubilee year? Or they may have a long engagement...guess we will have to wait and see!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Courtier

No point in rushing into marriage unless you really have to. In any case, both Beatrice and Eugene need to shed some "serious" weight and find some decent dress designers before pursuing this avenue. They both have pretty faces but for some reason always look unkept and totally clueless when it comes to fashion.

Tags
princess beatrice, princess eugenie, wedding