Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Charles Brooksbank Jack's uncle, maybe godfather too?

Cousin not uncle. George has only one sibling, his brother David. David had three kids according to peerage page. His middle is a son Charles.

Unsubstantiated tabloid story

And your point is what? This is the kind of wedding many of Eugenie's friends have had--why is there a problem? This is not a competition.

Agreed on her friends.

And not really twice as long either. Harry and Meghan had two receptions all in one day. Eugenie and Jack are having the wedding and lunch reception one day and the evening reception another day. Zara did the same though in flip thought having a boat cruise the night before.

They may have chosen to do so because she is used to the weekend wedding on the continent with friends. Or because the wedding is on a Friday. It's possible some of their friends may be unable to make the ceremony because it's a work day. May allow some guests to attend Saturday that couldn't make ceremony.

https://www.royal.uk/charities-invited-wedding-princess-eugenie-and-jack-brooksbank

The page provides information about the charities and links to the charities' websites.

If it's good enough for BBC, it's good enough for me.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45746452

The figures provided in the article are the costs of the previous royal weddings, which were larger in scale.

Not long after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's big day, Thames Valley's police and crime commissioner, Anthony Stansfeld, told the BBC that the estimated cost of policing their wedding was "between £2m and £4m".

We also know that £6.35m was spent by the Metropolitan Police Service on security for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton back in 2011 - that's based on a Freedom of Information request released to the Press Association.

We asked Mr Stansfeld's office to provide a similar estimate for Princess Eugenie's ceremony - but we were told this wouldn't be possible "until it has concluded".

Eugenie's wedding is expected to attract a smaller crowd and there will also be a considerably shorter carriage ride.

The BBC understands that logically, the cost to Thames Valley Police should be lower than that of Prince Harry's wedding - but until all the numbers are crunched they can't say for certain.

https://www.royal.uk/charities-invited-wedding-princess-eugenie-and-jack-brooksbank

The page provides information about the charities and links to the charities' websites.

The figures provided in the article are the costs of the previous royal weddings, which were larger in scale.

And Harry's has been stated as 2-4 mil. Not sure why the 2 mil estimate is so unrealistic. What was unrealistic was the 30+ mil being thrown around before May. Good thing this is happening later, otherwise, God knows what kind of number will be out there.

Cousin not uncle. George has only one sibling, his brother David. David had three kids according to peerage page. His middle is a son Charles.

Thank you so much, I would have never known

Not quite, I believe the reason for wanting the wedding televised is purely for publicity and to be seen as being as important as the Cambridge and Sussex weddings were.

This, together with a two day long wedding celebration, the involvement of the Scots Guards based solely on the link of Jack's great grandfather being in the regiment, fairground rides, insistance on a carriage procession, and a very large number of celebrities in attendance or even performing would, IMO, point to a very big effort to be in the limelight.

I'm not sure if it was Eugenie or Beatrice who was exposed a while back as earning £19k a year for working at a technology company, but one would expect someone who has actually worked in a low paid job in the real world like many of us have done, to have a better understanding and appreciation of the huge expense involved in the whole two days.

Anyone who knows anything accurate about the Yorks knows that Eugenie previously worked for an auction house that dealt in art and now for an art gallery. Beatrice is currently VP Partnerships of the Local Leaderships Team in New York for Afiniti. https://www.afiniti.com/offices/new-york

Andrew can spend his money on his daughter's wedding. I don't understand why that is even being questioned.

Just when I was warming to Camilla, now the wedding day has arrived, I'm not OK with the school harvest festival previous engagement as a reason for her not attending.

Last edited:
I sure wish this wedding was falling on a Saturday, so I could pull an all nighter and watch live like I did for Harry and Meghan...but I have to be at the office bright and early to deal with a backlog of work.:bang:

How I envy those of you that get to watch live! I am looking forward to checking in throughout the day tomorrow to get everyone's input.:D

I sure wish this wedding was falling on a Saturday, so I could pull an all nighter and watch live like I did for Harry and Meghan...but I have to be at the office bright and early to deal with a backlog of work.:bang:

How I envy those of you that get to watch live! I am looking forward to checking in throughout the day tomorrow to get everyone's input.:D

I feel the same, Moonmaiden! I'm going to try and get in a few hours of sleep before the wedding starts and then watch as much of it live and catch a few more hours of sleep before I head in for a full day of work tomorrow.

Agreed on her friends.

And not really twice as long either. Harry and Meghan had two receptions all in one day. Eugenie and Jack are having the wedding and lunch reception one day and the evening reception another day. Zara did the same though in flip thought having a boat cruise the night before.
Eugenie is having a lunch hosted by the Queen. Then an evening reception hosted by her father that night and then the festival party on the next day - so 3 events.
Zara had a cocktail party on the moored Britannia the night before her wedding. She had an afternoon wedding for 400 guests followed by drinks, dinner and dancing - thus 2 events.
Peter and Autumn had 300 guests and only one reception AFAIK - over at Frogmore House - thus 1 event.
Catherine and William had 1900 guests at their morning wedding followed by lunch for 650 guests hosted by the Queen and that evening dinner/dancing hosted by the Prince of Wales - 2 events.
Henry and Meghan had around 600 guests at their morning wedding followed by lunch hosted by the Queen and then an evening dinner/dancing hosted by the Prince of Wales - 2 events.

Eugenie is having a lunch hosted by the Queen. Then an evening reception hosted by her father that night and then the festival party on the next day - so 3 events.
Zara had a cocktail party on the moored Britannia the night before her wedding. She had an afternoon wedding for 400 guests followed by drinks, dinner and dancing - thus 2 events.
Peter and Autumn had 300 guests and only one reception AFAIK - over at Frogmore House - thus 1 event.
Catherine and William had 1900 guests at their morning wedding followed by lunch for 650 guests hosted by the Queen and that evening dinner/dancing hosted by the Prince of Wales - 2 events.
Henry and Meghan had around 600 guests at their morning wedding followed by lunch hosted by the Queen and then an evening dinner/dancing hosted by the Prince of Wales - 2 events.

I don't recall hearing that the Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York were hosting two different events.

Its my understanding that after the wedding, the Queen hosts a lunch at St. George's Hall in Windsor Castle with the Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York hosting a party the next night on the 13th at Royal Lodge.

Did I hear wrong?

There was also a formal black tie event the night before the wedding for the official guests. Williams and Catherine did not attend, but it was still part of the festivities, so - 3 events.:flowers:

Just when I was warming to Camilla, now the wedding day has arrived, I'm not OK with the school harvest festival previous engagement as a reason for her not attending.
You will get over it eventually ☺

I don't recall hearing that the Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York were hosting two different events.

Its my understanding that after the wedding, the Queen hosts a lunch at St. George's Hall in Windsor Castle with the Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York hosting a party the next night on the 13th at Royal Lodge.

Did I hear wrong?

So the events scheduled is the church service them a lunch time reception afterwards hosted by the Queen at Windsor Castle and then another reception hosted by the Duke of York at the Royal Lodge (said to be a black tie reception) on Friday night. On Saturday there will be the carnival/festival hosted at the Royal Lodge.

:previous:There may well be a Friday evening reception but I do not think that has ever been confirmed, just assumed and repeated.
Even if there is, so what. This is not a competition and it really does not matter even if Eugenie had 5 receptions/parties.

Wedding day is here! Can't watch it live because i have to go work, but am looking forward to photos, vids and Royal Forum posts when i get back ?

Wishing all of you who are watching live a lot of fun!

I believe there is an evening event because it has been reported that neither Charles not the Duke of Kent can attend. The Duke of Kent has another engagement but Charles has to return to Scotland as he and Camilla are hosting a shooting party at Birkhall over the weekend.

I see some crowds are gathering for the wedding. Should fill up by morning. Although this wedding hasn’t had the same kind of hype as the wedding back in May.

Did I hear wrong?
It’s been pretty widely reported - here’s one article https://www.vogue.com/article/princess-eugenies-wedding-weekend-theme

I think the flowers are there. The Royal Family is tweeting about the floral arrangements as we speak

Well @BBCBreakfast is tweeting about the wedding already. It has reporters outside the chapel. I think BBC regrets not having live national coverage.

I love the Autumnal colouring of the flowers. Thanks for posting those.
Does anyone have a link to a televised coverage of Eugenie's wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom