Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Indeed. The rule actually was very old. Even when the queen was little, when her grandparents were on the throne, a tiara would not be worn by a single woman. They were seen as a sign of being married, you'd wear it on your wedding for the first time. Traditionally you'd wear your family tiara on your wedding and then jewels from your husband after. Tiara events were far more common back then.

The rules have lightened over the decades since. When Margaret was a debutant in Paris, she wore a tiara. And as stated, Anne wore them before her marriage as well.

The fact is we have had no reason to see Beatrice or Eugenie in a tiara. They are not invited to the white tie events where tiaras are worn. Kate and Meghan didn't wear them prior to weddings because they were still commoners. We will have to see when Charlotte will wear her first.

I didn't know that. Oh my...I can see it now....A circlet of flowers around that mass of curls framing that adorable face.

I think I just died from cuteness overload.

I hope she wears her Mother's Tiara. It truly is a beautiful piece & it has been unseen for far too long!!

Yes, Maude with her head of red curls would look positively adorable with a wreath of flowers. I really do hope we see her. She is a cutie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flowers/decoration and colours for an Autumn Wedding...

Attachments

• fl 1.jpg
    fl 1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 155
  • fl 2.jpg
    fl 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 123
  • fl 3.jpg
    fl 3.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 119
  • fl 4.jpg
    fl 4.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 117
I don’t think we’ll see the Cambridge children in the wedding party.
While we can be almost certain that Beatrice will be maid of honour, her other attendants will most like lily include Maud Windsor, a cousin or niece/nephew from her maternal family, maybe one of Princess Anne’s grandchildren, possibly one of her friends children (Branson’s probably).
If she goes for older attendants you could expect Cressida Bonas/Chelsy Davy (which could be interesting).
As for her tiara, I have almost no doubt that she will wear her mother’s tiara. Also I expect a sleek wedding dress, nothing too big.

Now that is what I call *Breath Taking* and just the right colors for autumn. Those are gorgeous and I hope Princess Eugenie goes with the autumn colors in her church and reception. I have tons of books and I bet there are autumn leaves dried in everyone, so bring autumn on and show the colors.

I think Eugenie is close to Peter Phillips.

If I recall, I believe she gave a reading at his wedding.

I always thought she would be a godmother to one of his children, but since we don't know the names....perhaps she is.

I think the Strathmore Tiara would look lovely but I can see her using something from the Queen rather than the Queen Mother.

I thought so too about the Philips girls.

Now that is what I call *Breath Taking* and just the right colors for autumn. Those are gorgeous and I hope Princess Eugenie goes with the autumn colors in her church and reception. I have tons of books and I bet there are autumn leaves dried in everyone, so bring autumn on and show the colors.

Yes!!!
Something vibrant, to suit the season, not muted colors.

And with leaves and berries included with the flowers.

With the pink/orange colour of the engagement ring, the proposal made under a setting sun and the fact that the wedding will be in Autumn, I can see an amazing colour theme coming through for this wedding - various and vibrant hues of oranges, deep pinks and reds, some yellow and gold tones too.

:previous: I have to add another thing to this color scheme. Definitely going to see red. Sarah and her amazing head of hair. :D

Autumn though is the perfect time of the year for the vibrant colors that Mama Nature paints her world with. Cooler temperatures are setting in and with the heat of the summertime gone, things just seem to come even more alive. Those Autumn colors will go splendidly in St. George's Chapel too I think. Much better than spring pastels would really.

A harvest of friends and family and love...mighty special.

Beautiful pictures wyvelae!

I miss Fall (which is one of my favorite seasons!). Needless to say we get Fall for about a week in Alaska and its not as pretty!

I don't think Cressida or Beatrice will be her Maid of Honour but I can definitely see Maud, a Phillips sister, a potential Ferguson relative in the bridal party. Not sure about Jack's relatives but one or two might make an appearance if they are age appropriate.

Are those real trees? Because man that is breath-taking. I recall many not liking the trees at WnK's wedding, but these pix make me fall in love with the idea of trees at a wedding.

Zonk why don't you think Beatrice will be MoH? BTW I live in a desert where it's hot 50% really really hot 30% of the time and cold 20% of the time. We haven't had snow in years.

Last edited:
Are those real trees? Because man that is breath-taking. I recall many not liking the trees at WnK's wedding, but these pix make me fall in love with the idea of trees at a wedding.

Zonk why don't you think Beatrice will be MoH? BTW I live in a desert where it's hot 50% really really hot 30% of the time and cold 20% of the time. We haven't had snow in years.

If you are asking about my photos, yes they are real trees. :flowers:

I wasn't a real fan of Will and Kate's either. But trees can be amazing when they are done right. Fall just brings images to me of fall leaves and colors, so it seems fitting if done well.

I don't think Cressida or Beatrice will be her Maid of Honour but I can definitely see Maud, a Phillips sister, a potential Ferguson relative in the bridal party. Not sure about Jack's relatives but one or two might make an appearance if they are age appropriate.

You don't think she will have a MOH at all, or just not her sister??

I doubt she would use Cressida, as much as Cress is suddenly being painted her best friend. I do expect Cressida and Chelsy to be invited.

Andrew I expect will be in naval dress. Sarah needs to get onto Catherine Walker and Bruce Oldfield immediately and get that wedding suit into production! The challenge for Sarah in an autumn wedding is what colour suit she can wear at that time of year. Lilac or lavender would be natural colour choices for her, but given the time of year I don't know how appropriate they'll be.

Andrew I expect will be in naval dress. Sarah needs to get onto Catherine Walker and Bruce Oldfield immediately and get that wedding suit into production! The challenge for Sarah in an autumn wedding is what colour suit she can wear at that time of year. Lilac or lavender would be natural colour choices for her, but given the time of year I don't know how appropriate they'll be.

Lilac and lavender are better suited for a spring/summer wedding. Especially if the bridal party have any color in them (not all white). Darker/gem hues, something to fit the fall color scheme would be better suited. With her red hair, many could likely work well, except I'd avoid orange.

When I think autumn and Eugenie's wedding, I picture Sarah in a shade of green. My top pick would be a hunter green. with (supposedly) all autumn colors in the floral arrangements, wearing a hunter green or a forest green even would make it appear that its Sarah's hair that is a brilliant autumn hue and the dress complementing it.

When I think autumn and Eugenie's wedding, I picture Sarah in a shade of green. My top pick would be a hunter green. with (supposedly) all autumn colors in the floral arrangements, wearing a hunter green or a forest green even would make it appear that its Sarah's hair that is a brilliant autumn hue and the dress complementing it.

Agreed :flowers: Hunter or a similar darker shade of green, with her red hair, would work wonderfully with a fall color scheme.

Why would Andrew be in naval dress ? Isn't he retired ? Since it is not an official occasion and he will be not be wearing orders like the Garter, I don't see many reasons for him to wear military uniform.

I expect the Gentlemen [including the Duke of York] to be in Morning Coats, as is 'usual'.
It won't be a State or Official occasion, just an ordinary aristocratic family Wedding [despite the grandeur of the venue.]

Hunter green, navy, plum, & charcoal are my suggestions to go with autumn colors

:previous:
I don't believe they ever intended to wed in September, because they know the Queen spends that month at Balmoral.

Surely they wouldn't expect her to return early!

Just the media trying to create a fight story.

LaRae

They could have been thinking a September wedding in Scotland...who knows.

Something is wrong with me because I could never get married in October, I'm weird like that.

I don't quite get the "no september" thing just because The Queen is in Scotland. It's her granddaughters wedding, she only has to come down for the weekend.

Its not weird, Xenia. I'm the type of person that doesn't like specific months of the year too. For me its "The Month Of Mondays" which is February. As autumn is my very favorite time of year, I married in October.

Guess its just what one is attuned to. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom