Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
400 is quite small for a royal wedding. Even smaller then her brother's which was private as well. Edward and Charles (second) were considered small and were closer to 600. Eugenie's will be around that size most likely.

Actually Peter had about 300 guests, so fewer than his sister. It will be interesting to see what Eugenie & Jack's is like.

Last edited:
Will their wedding be broadcast or not?

There might be some tv coverage of the arrivals and departures. That’s what Zara and Mike had. Even Pippa’s wedding there was video of her arrival and departure.

That's all we'll get from Eugenie's wedding...just the coming/going. Maybe if they do pics on the steps outside St George's we will see that.

LaRae

Wasn't it established on day one that it wouldn't be broadcast

I think that this wedding will have a most eclectic guest list. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Roxburghes, Heather Kerzner, Kate Moss, the Bransons, Bernie Ecclestone and Paddy McNally, Tracy Emin, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, Colin Montgomerie, Lynn Wyatt, and Oprah.

Let's not forget George Clooney. It seems, from what I've read here lately, that Jack has business dealings with him. :D

The way I see it, the wedding wouldn't be televised mainly because Eugenie isn't actually a working member of the British royal family and is therefore a private citizen. People, also, just aren't that interested in the York girls to warrant airing the wedding.

I may be wrong and it'll be televised but I seriously doubt it will be.

The way I see it, the wedding wouldn't be televised mainly because Eugenie isn't actually a working member of the British royal family and is therefore a private citizen. People, also, just aren't that interested in the York girls to warrant airing the wedding.

I may be wrong and it'll be televised but I seriously doubt it will be.

It has nothing to do with being "a working member".
If any British TV company wants and BRF agrees we will see the wedding.
Obviously people want to see all royal family including Kate and Meghan at any wedding

It won't be fully televised - Peter and Zara's weddings weren't - but there'll be loads of TV cameras there and plenty of coverage, and Hello magazine will make a big fuss about it :). We even got a load of TV footage of Pippa's wedding.

I'm not convinced about James being a pageboy: he's 10, and boys of that age aren't usually too keen on dressing up in cute outfits and parading about!

:previous: Peter and Zara were fully private citizens, not a good comparison. Better comparison is Edward and Sophie, who when they married, were not intending to be full time working royals. They had continued their careers.

Really it isn't about if they are working royals or not. It will come down to public interest or not. If there is enough interest in seeing the wedding, there will be coverage.

I don't think it will televised. Not because she isn't a full time royal, but because she isn't very popular. There will always be interest 1. to see the other royals and guests in attendance 2. see her dress and the clothes 3. somewhat also because first princess to marry since Anne. But that will likely be covered by the media covering coming and going.

I'm not convinced about James being a pageboy: he's 10, and boys of that age aren't usually too keen on dressing up in cute outfits and parading about!

10 is not out of question. William Lower-Pinkerton was 10 when he was in the Cambridge wedding (the other page boy was 8).

That said James is a bit of a fire cracker. He is known for his faces and such. One can hope he perhaps has matured a bit by the wedding, or if he is used, we may have another William and Zara at Andrew's wedding happen. But William was 4 and that was to be expected. The 'page boy get up' might not help his outlook on the event.

10 is not out of question. William Lower-Pinkerton was 10 when he was in the Cambridge wedding (the other page boy was 8).

That said James is a bit of a fire cracker. He is known for his faces and such. One can hope he perhaps has matured a bit by the wedding, or if he is used, we may have another William and Zara at Andrew's wedding happen. But William was 4 and that was to be expected. The 'page boy get up' might not help his outlook on the event.

Yes, and Lord Nicholas Windsor was eleven at Charles and Diana's wedding.

I think attendants like Andrew had, Boy-Girl in graduated ages, in three or four pairs, would look better than the usual cluster of girls with two page boys.

I don't think it will be televised simply because, to be frank, the RF won't want it to be and Eugenie and Jack don't want it to be. Everything from BP and even more recent statements from Andrew point to the girls having their own jobs as well as doing occasional duties for the RF for charities they are specifically linked to. The focus of the RF is on 'the core members'. Also I don't think Eugenie particularly embraces the attention of being a HRH.
At the end of the day, the public will be able to see the comings and goings around the Castle so why not let cameras film that, but letting them into the Chapel itself is very different.
IMO even if Eugenie wanted to allow cameras in to broadcast the wedding itself I suspect the Queen and her aides would step in and stop it. Remember Edward was the Queen's son, all his siblings had wedding sth at were broadcast, and indeed, much bigger and grander.

I agree, I don't think the ceremony will be televised either. Eugenie and Jack seem to be a more private couple, and as others have stated, I can imagine they would like their wedding to reflect that. There will of course be snippets of the wedding on the news, and we'll get photos; but I doubt there will be a full, official broadcast.

I agree! :flowers:

Or, a nice bridal party would be Beatrice as MoH, and Jack's brother Thomas as Best Man.
Then pair Savannah Phillips with Viscount Severn, and Maud Windsor with Prince George.

That way they'd have a range of ages.

That would be a lovely bridal party indeed; although I think George will most likely be a page boy at Harry's wedding so two weddings in a year might be a bit much for him - I still think it would be nice to include a Cambridge in the bridal party though; so perhaps Charlotte.

That would be a lovely bridal party indeed; although I think George will most likely be a page boy at Harry's wedding so two weddings in a year might be a bit much for him - I still think it would be nice to include a Cambridge in the bridal party though; so perhaps Charlotte.

But then Charlotte would be the one to be in two weddings in the same year.

No, she wouldn’t if she wasn’t included in Harry’s bridal party and George was instead, as I had envisioned.

I thought George and Charlotte are both in Harry's wedding?

Anyway, the two weddings are far enough apart that it shouldn't prove too much.

Has it been released by KP yet? I've been waiting on that to see if both of the Cambridge kids will be in the wedding.

LaRae

I don't think it will be televised simply because, to be frank, the RF won't want it to be and Eugenie and Jack don't want it to be. Everything from BP and even more recent statements from Andrew point to the girls having their own jobs as well as doing occasional duties for the RF for charities they are specifically linked to. The focus of the RF is on 'the core members'. Also I don't think Eugenie particularly embraces the attention of being a HRH.
At the end of the day, the public will be able to see the comings and goings around the Castle so why not let cameras film that, but letting them into the Chapel itself is very different.
IMO even if Eugenie wanted to allow cameras in to broadcast the wedding itself I suspect the Queen and her aides would step in and stop it. Remember Edward was the Queen's son, all his siblings had wedding sth at were broadcast, and indeed, much bigger and grander.

I agree with this, and I also think that Harry's broadcast particulars will be limited.

When the most important guests are in their 90's, a modicum of privacy might ensure a bit more comfort and enjoyment.

I thought George and Charlotte are both in Harry's wedding?

Anyway, the two weddings are far enough apart that it shouldn't prove too much.

The tabloids have speculated that they are both in the wedding party. Their so called 'inside sources'. Seems a pretty safe speculation, but one that has not been confirmed.

Honestly if only one was in Harry's, I would see Charlotte. Charlotte is a bit more confident, and likely would handle it better then her brother. I know they both had practice at Pippa's and older now, but this is a much bigger occasion. If only one is in Harry's, I'd actually expect Charlotte, George maybe for Eugenie.

I don't think the kids will be in both weddings. Not because it would be too much for them. But just as there is a lot of family, and I think they may use different so to involve more kids. Might be wrong.

I don't think it will televised. Not because she isn't a full time royal, but because she isn't very popular. There will always be interest 1. to see the other royals and guests in attendance 2. see her dress and the clothes 3. somewhat also because first princess to marry since Anne. But that will likely be covered by the media covering coming and going.

I don't see this particular woman as unpopular. She's not as well-known as her parents, who get bad press. She works full time, her fiance is cute and seems like a nice guy, and I hope everything goes swimmingly for her.

I am sure that there will be multiple companies who will clamor to broadcast the wedding, if only for the hats or the Philip/Fergie Frosty Frown Face-off.

I don't see this particular woman as unpopular. She's not as well-known as her parents, who get bad press. She works full time, her fiance is cute and seems like a nice guy, and I hope everything goes swimmingly for her.

I am sure that there will be multiple companies who will clamor to broadcast the wedding, if only for the hats or the Philip/Fergie Frosty Frown Face-off.

Well as you said she isn't that well-known which in itself is a factor. Televising an event would be based a lot of the interest in the wedding, people attending.

The problem what she is known for is not good. Her and Beatrice are painted by the media in the same light as their parents. The only publicity they get is coming out of the bar at night, or on vacation. Even when they are on a trip for work or charity, it is painted as a holiday. Unfortunately because of the likes of the DM, they are seen as spoiled little girls who do nothing but party and go on holiday.

Like Pippa, there will be reporters there taking photos. There will be interest in fashion. But that's not the same as televising the entire event.

Well as you said she isn't that well-known which in itself is a factor. Televising an event would be based a lot of the interest in the wedding, people attending.

The problem what she is known for is not good. Her and Beatrice are painted by the media in the same light as their parents. The only publicity they get is coming out of the bar at night, or on vacation. Even when they are on a trip for work or charity, it is painted as a holiday. Unfortunately because of the likes of the DM, they are seen as spoiled little girls who do nothing but party and go on holiday.

Like Pippa, there will be reporters there taking photos. There will be interest in fashion. But that's not the same as televising the entire event.

I would expect a big media company wanting to film certain parts of the wedding inside the chapel, like the walks up and down the aisle and everyone gathered on the steps after. She has an opportunity here to be seen as an individual, a pretty and nice girl with a good job who is getting married, not Fergie's poorly dressed revenge pawn like she was at William's wedding and what she is best known for. I hope it is filmed just to make her look good.

Has it been released by KP yet? I've been waiting on that to see if both of the Cambridge kids will be in the wedding.

LaRae

Ii it a necessity that KP gives out the information? Could not the public just find out on the actual wedding day?

Ii it a necessity that KP gives out the information? Could not the public just find out on the actual wedding day?

Its not necessary, but its what happened in the past. William and Kate announced their bridal party the February before their wedding.

I would expect a big media company wanting to film certain parts of the wedding inside the chapel, like the walks up and down the aisle and everyone gathered on the steps after. She has an opportunity here to be seen as an individual, a pretty and nice girl with a good job who is getting married, not Fergie's poorly dressed revenge pawn like she was at William's wedding and what she is best known for. I hope it is filmed just to make her look good.

Oppurtunity??? She has done plenty to be seen as an individual. She did an article with Harper's. She is involved in plenty of charity work. The issue is, there is no public interest. The only time the public pay attention to her is for 'she is on another holiday', she 'is out drinking again'.

They aren't going to see the 'nice girl with a nice job'. All they would see is her wedding dress and flowers.

And if she sold her wedding to the media like Peter did she would be slammed even harder. She is already bad mouthed as a spoiled freeloader, the last thing she needs is to be seen as selling her wedding to a magazine or news show.

Its not necessary, but its what happened in the past. William and Kate announced their bridal party the February before their wedding.

Oppurtunity??? She has done plenty to be seen as an individual. She did an article with Harper's. She is involved in plenty of charity work. The issue is, there is no public interest. The only time the public pay attention to her is for 'she is on another holiday', she 'is out drinking again'.

They aren't going to see the 'nice girl with a nice job'. All they would see is her wedding dress and flowers.

And if she sold her wedding to the media like Peter did she would be slammed even harder. She is already bad mouthed as a spoiled freeloader, the last thing she needs is to be seen as selling her wedding to a magazine or news show.

She's not involved with that much charity, and, at this point, that is not a bad thing. She enjoys a career she is qualified for, and distancing herself from her mother's idea of charity is only a good thing.

Her interview with Harper's Bazaar laid bare her daily routine and the gym she goes to. That wasn't so good if there was a security concern, but nothing bad came of it, as she is not that prominent.

:previous: Again thank you for proving my point :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Nothing came of it, she is unimportant.....your very words. :whistling:

These are not the words that describe a woman who people will be rushing to watch a televised wedding of. Those people who know who she is, think she is a party girl freeloader with horrible taste in clothes.

Giving an interview to Harper's is not the same as selling her wedding coverage to a magazine or tv station. That would include private photos of the royal family. Peter is being slammed to this day for selling his wedding photos. Eugenie would fair no better, if anything, she likely would fair worse. Peter people were neutral on. Eugenie, because of her parents, people are already prepared to hate her. They are looking for any sign to think her a freeloader out to make money any way she can.

Eugenie actually does quite a bit of charity work. Like her sister, she has close to a dozen patronages. The issue is, the DM and other media don't give two cents. They only cover her work when they can spin it as a holiday.

And she does do the kind of charity work her mother does- Both Beatrice and Eugenie are involved in several charities their mother has worked with. Even those she gets slammed left and right, Fergie has continued with some of her patronages from her royal days. Including the teenage cancer trust which we see both Eugenie and Beatrice attend events with her for (Fergie has been patron for 28 years). And Children in crisis which her mother founded.

The only chance of her wedding being broadcast, is if its broadcast officially like the Cambridge wedding. And not seen as 'sold' to a media company. And Eugenie's wedding is not likely to garner that pull.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom