The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Courtier

A harvest of friends and family and love...mighty special.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love fall weddings. The colors and décor can be so amazing. I hope the couple really embraces the season in their décor (hope we get some photos). There is such a wide variety that they can embrace.

http://kylazanardi.com/wp-content/up...ed-wedding.jpg

http://www.active-writing.com/upload...cc7892ffa5.jpg

https://www.thecelebrationsociety.co...online_011.jpg

https://media.brides.com/photos/580e...-ideas-008.jpg

https://media-exp2.licdn.com/mpr/mpr...MjhkMWM4ZA.jpg

Old 01-23-2018, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Flowers/decoration and colours for an Autumn Wedding...
Beautiful pictures wyvelae!

I miss Fall (which is one of my favorite seasons!). Needless to say we get Fall for about a week in Alaska and its not as pretty!

I don't think Cressida or Beatrice will be her Maid of Honour but I can definitely see Maud, a Phillips sister, a potential Ferguson relative in the bridal party. Not sure about Jack's relatives but one or two might make an appearance if they are age appropriate.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Are those real trees? Because man that is breath-taking. I recall many not liking the trees at WnK's wedding, but these pix make me fall in love with the idea of trees at a wedding.

Zonk why don't you think Beatrice will be MoH? BTW I live in a desert where it's hot 50% really really hot 30% of the time and cold 20% of the time. We haven't had snow in years.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-24-2018, 12:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Are those real trees? Because man that is breath-taking. I recall many not liking the trees at WnK's wedding, but these pix make me fall in love with the idea of trees at a wedding.

Zonk why don't you think Beatrice will be MoH? BTW I live in a desert where it's hot 50% really really hot 30% of the time and cold 20% of the time. We haven't had snow in years.
If you are asking about my photos, yes they are real trees.

I wasn't a real fan of Will and Kate's either. But trees can be amazing when they are done right. Fall just brings images to me of fall leaves and colors, so it seems fitting if done well.

Quote:
I don't think Cressida or Beatrice will be her Maid of Honour but I can definitely see Maud, a Phillips sister, a potential Ferguson relative in the bridal party. Not sure about Jack's relatives but one or two might make an appearance if they are age appropriate.
You don't think she will have a MOH at all, or just not her sister??

I doubt she would use Cressida, as much as Cress is suddenly being painted her best friend. I do expect Cressida and Chelsy to be invited.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

Andrew I expect will be in naval dress. Sarah needs to get onto Catherine Walker and Bruce Oldfield immediately and get that wedding suit into production! The challenge for Sarah in an autumn wedding is what colour suit she can wear at that time of year. Lilac or lavender would be natural colour choices for her, but given the time of year I don't know how appropriate they'll be.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
Andrew I expect will be in naval dress. Sarah needs to get onto Catherine Walker and Bruce Oldfield immediately and get that wedding suit into production! The challenge for Sarah in an autumn wedding is what colour suit she can wear at that time of year. Lilac or lavender would be natural colour choices for her, but given the time of year I don't know how appropriate they'll be.
Lilac and lavender are better suited for a spring/summer wedding. Especially if the bridal party have any color in them (not all white). Darker/gem hues, something to fit the fall color scheme would be better suited. With her red hair, many could likely work well, except I'd avoid orange.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When I think autumn and Eugenie's wedding, I picture Sarah in a shade of green. My top pick would be a hunter green. with (supposedly) all autumn colors in the floral arrangements, wearing a hunter green or a forest green even would make it appear that its Sarah's hair that is a brilliant autumn hue and the dress complementing it.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-24-2018, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When I think autumn and Eugenie's wedding, I picture Sarah in a shade of green. My top pick would be a hunter green. with (supposedly) all autumn colors in the floral arrangements, wearing a hunter green or a forest green even would make it appear that its Sarah's hair that is a brilliant autumn hue and the dress complementing it.
Agreed Hunter or a similar darker shade of green, with her red hair, would work wonderfully with a fall color scheme.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
Why would Andrew be in naval dress ? Isn't he retired ? Since it is not an official occasion and he will be not be wearing orders like the Garter, I don't see many reasons for him to wear military uniform.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I expect the Gentlemen [including the Duke of York] to be in Morning Coats, as is 'usual'.
It won't be a State or Official occasion, just an ordinary aristocratic family Wedding [despite the grandeur of the venue.]
Old 01-24-2018, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Hunter green, navy, plum, & charcoal are my suggestions to go with autumn colors
Old 01-24-2018, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Eugenie was forced to delay her wedding to Jack Brooksbank | Daily Mail Online

Apparently they had their heart set on September but due to everyone's scheduling conflicts they will be getting married in October. I personally always suspected it would be October because HM is always gone most of September.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe they ever intended to wed in September, because they know the Queen spends that month at Balmoral.

Surely they wouldn't expect her to return early!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would expect that but the reporter of the article is doubling down and insists that they wanted September. Just seems odd to be since they know her routine. My guess it will be mid October.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...10138888392704
Old 01-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Just the media trying to create a fight story.

LaRae
Old 01-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Courtier

They could have been thinking a September wedding in Scotland...who knows.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Something is wrong with me because I could never get married in October, I'm weird like that.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-24-2018, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't quite get the "no september" thing just because The Queen is in Scotland. It's her granddaughters wedding, she only has to come down for the weekend.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its not weird, Xenia. I'm the type of person that doesn't like specific months of the year too. For me its "The Month Of Mondays" which is February. As autumn is my very favorite time of year, I married in October.

Guess its just what one is attuned to.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread