Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that Princess Eugenie's bouquet will consist of all white flowers?

If she follows royal tradition, yes. British royal brides go all white on flowers.

I am hoping at least in the décor, we will see some beautiful autumn colored flowers.

If she follows royal tradition, yes. British royal brides go all white on flowers.

I am hoping at least in the décor, we will see some beautiful autumn colored flowers.

Even if she does use all white flowers, she could possibly incorporate some colorful leaves and berries; they will be at their best in mid-October.

Yes! I hope so! That's the best thing about autumn weddings other than lack of pollen allergies. :lol:

Even if she does use all white flowers, she could possibly incorporate some colorful leaves and berries; they will be at their best in mid-October.

Yes, certainly could add some berries and leaves into the bouquet, so not to break the 'white bouquet flowers'. I do hope the actual flowers in the church and reception are in some colors. And would be nice if there were some photos released, since the wedding wont be filmed. Like on Eugenie's Instagram.

A Beautiful Fall Wedding Bouquet + One Stunning Couple | Calie Rose » CALIE ROSE

https://www.orangeblossombride.com/wedding-inspiration/beautiful-fall-bridal-bouquets

:previous:
Yes!
Anything like that would be gorgeous.

Jack's father is CEO of some flower company in London, so if anyone has beautiful wedding flowers, it should be Eugenie!

I'm very intrigued on how the Firm/Royal.UK website will go about handling Eugenie's wedding. They handled the engagement almost the same way as they did Harry's; engagement announcement, pictures, and interview. Then we had place and time. There is even a press release for the engagement on the RF website, which in my mind affirms it is a Firm wedding unless this was done for Peter and Zara. So will they create just one page that will give updates on the preparations or nothing at all.

I'm very intrigued on how the Firm/Royal.UK website will go about handling Eugenie's wedding. They handled the engagement almost the same way as they did Harry's; engagement announcement, pictures, and interview. Then we had place and time. There is even a press release for the engagement on the RF website, which in my mind affirms it is a Firm wedding unless this was done for Peter and Zara. So will they create just one page that will give updates on the preparations or nothing at all.

I believe it was handled like Peter Phillips' engagement. It was certainly not handled like Harry's. Harry and Meghan had an engagement photocall the day of. Eugenie and Jack released their engagement photos (equivalent of the Alexi photos for Sussexes). And no sit down interview. I believe the Princess Anne's children both had short interviews at some point during their engagement as well as releasing engagement photos. Obviously, it'll be up to the Duke of York and the couple how much they want to announce, but there is more option to keep it all private here.

I suspect it will be like Peter and Zara's wedding. All the bells and whistles but very downscale in comparison to Harry's. I'm looking forward to it. Nice to know we have another wedding in a few months.

i think it would be nice if Eugenie and Jacks wedding was an evening wedding .. it would be something obviously different than Harry & Meghan's to avoid comparison; a candlelight service would be lovely.

i think it would be nice if Eugenie and Jacks wedding was an evening wedding .. it would be something obviously different than Harry & Meghan's to avoid comparison; a candlelight service would be lovely.

What is the earliest an evening wedding can occur? What is the latest time an evening wedding can occur?

I don't see them having an evening ceremony. Especially a late evening 'candle light' one. Among other things that severely limits a reception, especially with the older guests like the queen.

It has become quite popular, especially among the upper crust, to have two receptions. Not simply a royal wedding. Pippa is not alone in having a wedding breakfast and later an evening reception. These are the circles Eugenie and Beatrice move in, as much as their cousins do. Though the wedding will be at a much smaller scale then Harry's, I expect both. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same as Harry, in that the queen will host a royal lunch at the castle (smaller scale) for the official event. And an evening party hosted later for the couple and their friends, by Andrew, possibly at Royal Lodge.

No need for Eugenie's wedding to be downsized even more then Harry's, just to make it as different as possible. Its not going to compare anyways, day or evening.

I also think Eugenie will want a carriage ride, and a candlelight ceremony doesn't suit that at all.

Oh I wish we could see her wedding I have a feeling it will be beautiful and very different to other weddings. Just a feeling

I think it will be lovely. It might be a quite traditional ceremony. I do hope for lots of photos and perhaps a video released later.

I don't see them having an evening ceremony. Especially a late evening 'candle light' one. Among other things that severely limits a reception, especially with the older guests like the queen.

It has become quite popular, especially among the upper crust, to have two receptions. Not simply a royal wedding. Pippa is not alone in having a wedding breakfast and later an evening reception. These are the circles Eugenie and Beatrice move in, as much as their cousins do. Though the wedding will be at a much smaller scale then Harry's, I expect both. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same as Harry, in that the queen will host a royal lunch at the castle (smaller scale) for the official event. And an evening party hosted later for the couple and their friends, by Andrew, possibly at Royal Lodge.

No need for Eugenie's wedding to be downsized even more then Harry's, just to make it as different as possible. Its not going to compare anyways, day or evening.

I also think Eugenie will want a carriage ride, and a candlelight ceremony doesn't suit that at all.
I agree with the most part, except for the Queen hosting a reception. Likely to hosted by Prince Andrew. Grandparents typically don't host a reception in these cases. Harry's wedding, while personal, had the working royal aspect to it. And a lot of the guests are representatives from charities that Harry is affiliated with officially. The Queen didn't host a reception for either Zara or Peter. And yes, I'm aware that Eugenie is HRH while they aren't, but I think the York princess' HRH status is nothing more than in name.

I think it will be lovely. It might be a quite traditional ceremony. I do hope for lots of photos and perhaps a video released later.

I don't know. We'll definitely see photos of the arrival. But I'm not sure if they'll do a Hello spread for inside information like Princess Anne's children. I think there was a large amount of backlash for Peter Phillips. Can't remember the specifics for Zara's. That is up to Prince Andrew and the couple.

i am assuming that jack will not get any sort of title?

I agree. It will be very different from Harry and Meghan's; even though it will be in the same location it will be much more low-key IMO. I think it will be quite a small affair with family and close friends.
I'm still hoping Maude Windsor will be a bridesmaid, and maybe Mia Tindall too. Perhaps Viscount Severn will be one of the pageboys as Eugenie seems to be close with the Wessex children - there was a photo of her interacting with James warmly at the Sussex wedding.

To be honest, I think the best we could hope for (and what I am hoping for) is a live stream of the ceremony on the Royal Family YouTube account, the worst would be, well not that. But I also think that the wishes of the couple should be first and foremost, so if that means no exposure at all, than so be it.

For Eugenie's wedding dress I hope it works with her body type. She has made some unforced errors in her fashion choices. The ceremony will be on a smaller scale because of.the security bill for Harry and Meghan's wedding. As for title for Jack like, if he gets one and royal status is afforded to him he needs to quit his job as ambassador for Casamigos, George Clooney's company. It's not fairs that women who marry into the Royal Family have to give up their careers and the men necessarily don't.

I agree with the most part, except for the Queen hosting a reception. Likely to hosted by Prince Andrew. Grandparents typically don't host a reception in these cases. Harry's wedding, while personal, had the working royal aspect to it. And a lot of the guests are representatives from charities that Harry is affiliated with officially. The Queen didn't host a reception for either Zara or Peter. And yes, I'm aware that Eugenie is HRH while they aren't, but I think the York princess' HRH status is nothing more than in name.

Zara got a pre-wedding party the night before on the queen's yacht, and a wedding reception at Hollyrood as a wedding gift from the queen. Peter got a full reception and evening party at Frogmore, thanks to the queen. I don't think its hard to believe that the queen would host a lunch after the wedding at the castle. I don't see her making Andrew host it all at Royal Lodge. I guess I could be wrong, but it seems she extended that to ALL previous grandkids.

For Eugenie's wedding dress I hope it works with her body type. She has made some unforced errors in her fashion choices. The ceremony will be on a smaller scale because of.the security bill for Harry and Meghan's wedding. As for title for Jack like, if he gets one and royal status is afforded to him he needs to quit his job as ambassador for Casamigos, George Clooney's company. It's not fairs that women who marry into the Royal Family have to give up their careers and the men necessarily don't.

If they are going to be Working royals, the women are expected to give up their careers. Sophie didn't have to give up her career when they first married. The only woman who really had a career to give up was Meghan. They cant expect him to give up his career for a title, unless they are willing to have them as working royals. Unlike working royals, Eugenie and Jack have to pay for their cottage and other expenses.

The women in the royal aren't 'giving up their career' they are switching careers. They are becoming 'working royals'. Jack wouldn't be in that situation.

Last edited:
Zara got a pre-wedding party the night before on the queen's yacht, and a wedding reception at Hollyrood as a wedding gift from the queen. Peter got a full reception and evening party at Frogmore, thanks to the queen. I don't think its hard to believe that the queen would host a lunch after the wedding at the castle. I don't see her making Andrew host it all at Royal Lodge. I guess I could be wrong, but it seems she extended that to ALL previous grandkids.

However those aren’t billed as hosted by the Queen as the wedding breakfast for Harry’s. At least not in anything I’ve read. Not sure about Zara, but the use of Frogmore doesn’t mean Queen is hosting it as Prince Charles hosted that reception for Harry and Meghan.

I imagine that Eugenie and Jack's wedding is going to possibly be along the same lines as Harry and Meghan's but without all the television coverage, less people in the streets and no procession through Windsor.

As far as the receptions, I imagine the Queen will host a reception following the ceremony at Windsor Castle and perhaps Andrew and Sarah hosting an evening party at Frogmore.

I think when it comes to family weddings, the "royal" status and pecking order goes out the window and its Granny hosting for her grandchild with the father hosting the evening celebration. Titles and whether they're working royals don't determine how a grandmother feels and treats her grandchildren.

I think Eugenie's wedding will fall somewhere between Zara's and Harry's in scale. I expect lots of guests but no carriage ride thru Windsor...what would be the point if there are no people lined up to see them. I expect they will use cars.

The Queen hosting a luncheon at Windsor and then the parents hosting the evening party wherever depending on how many are invited.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom