Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
2jdltf5.png

Coat of Arms of H.R.H. Princess Eugenie of York

The Duke of York has announced the engagement between
HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank

"The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Eugenie to Mr Jack Brooksbank.

Her Royal Highness and Mr Brooksbank became engaged in Nicaragua earlier this month.

The wedding will take place in the Autumn of 2018 at St George's Chapel in Windsor, with further details to be announced in due course."

January 22, 2018

Last edited:

That was unexpected, even though they have been together for a while. Interesting that the Palace's announcement used the words "The Duke and Duchess of York". Is Sarah considered "The Duchess of York" again as if she were still married to Andrew , or is it just a matter of bad wording by the Palace ?

Congratulations to the engaged couple !

Absolutely thrilled for this young couple, in fact delighted! She is such a beautiful young lady and so dignified all the time when out. She works hard and he is so devoted to her, wishing them a lifetime of joy, love and happiness.

Congratulations Eugenie and Jack! Why should they marry at Windsor? Peter Phillips did!

wow, wonderful news, congrats to the couple!
Another Tiara Bride, I suppose!
Bye Bine

Richard Palmer @Royalreporter 5m5 minutes ago
Jack's parents, Nicola and George Brooksbank, said: "We could not be more delighted with the news of the engagement. We are completely over the moon and are very excited for them both."

Awwwww wonderful news and wonderful 2018:wub:

Such lovely news! A wonderful couple!

What a wonderful beginning for 2018 :flowers:?
Congratulations to the happy couple!

Last edited:
I am very happy for them. I am very excited for the wedding.

The DM's article says that they will marry at St George's Chapel in the fall, which is somewhat surprising to me. I was expecting something more low key for the York girls, i.e. more like Zara's wedding than Harry's even though they are HRHs. I'd be surprised if Eugenie's wedding were televised though.

Congrats to the happy couple !!!

The point is not that Eugenie shouldn’t marry at Windsor after all Peter got married there .
But that looking at the popularity levels and the future role for about 15-20 years than Prince Harry should have gotten married at Westminster Abbey . He is a full time working royal so will his wife be unlike Eugenie and Peter Philips .

The DM's article says that they will marry at St George's Chapel in the fall, which is somewhat surprising to me. I was expecting something more low key for the York girls, i.e. more like Zara's wedding than Harry's even though they are HRHs. I'd be surprised if Eugenie's wedding were televised though.

Peter married at St George's as did Lady Helen Windsor - daughter of the Duke of Kent.

The marriage won't be televised I suspect - more in keeping with Peter's and Zara's in that respect - but St George's is the local church to her home at Royal Lodge.

The Queen probably knew this was on the cards already when she made her Christmas address about 'new additions'. Everyone assumed she only meant Meghan and the new Cambridge baby but now there will be four new additions - Zara's baby and Jack.

Makes me feel sorry for Beatrice who has to sit back and watch all of her adult cousins and sister find happiness and family life while she is apparently unattached. I fear she will rush into a marriage just to feel 'one of the gang' again but I do hope she concentrates on building her business and let's love find her rather than go chasing it. This will be a poignant time for her - happiness for her sister and cousin and sadness when Dave marries someone else.

Last edited:

The point is not that Eugenie shouldn’t marry at Windsor after all Peter got married there .
But that looking at the popularity levels and the future role for about 15-20 years than Prince Harry should have gotten married at Westminster Abbey . He is a full time working royal so will his wife be unlike Eugenie and Peter Philips .

Eugenie is the Queen’s granddaughter. Harry is her grandson - there is no difference. Not only did Peter marry there, Lady Helen Windsor also did. Popularity has got nothing at all to do with where anyone gets married. It’s to do with where they want the ceremony. Zara chose Scotland, Peter, Harry and Eugenie have chosen Windsor.

It’s lovely news. I’m looking forward to the wedding.

Yes, but Peter Phillips got married in 2008 before the current trend to scale down the monarchy really took off. Harry's marrying at St George's rather than the Abbey is already part of that scaling down; by logical implication, if the same "one-notch down rule" were applied to Eugenie, her wedding should be more like Zara's, which was my point.

Anyway, Andrew is said to be Queen Elizabeth II's favorite son( which is probably a myth anyway) and the Queen is said to "adore" the York girls. It is unsurprising then that Eugenie will get a wedding at the Royal Chapel.

Wonderful news!

Congrats to the couple!!! :flowers:

Yes, but Peter Phillips got married in 2008 before the current trend to scale down the monarchy really took off. Harry's marrying at St George's rather than the Abbey is already part of that scaling down; by logical implication, if the same "one-notch down rule" were applied to Eugenie, her wedding should be more like Zara's, which was my point.

Anyway, Andrew is said to be Queen Elizabeth II's favorite son( which is probably a myth anyway) and the Queen is said to "adore" the York girls. It is unsurprising then that Eugenie will get a wedding at the Royal Chapel.

The rumours of the scaling down of the monarchy have been around since 1992 and is based on a comment from a low level staffer referring to an alleged throw-away line made by Prince Charles at an early meeting of how defunct 'Way Ahead Group'.

The only evidence of a 'scaling down' has been now royal duties for the York girls and a replication of the balcony scene from Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897 with just the monarch and direct heirs there rather than the extended family.

Since 2008 the family has actually expanded and will continue to do so with William and Kate having three children and no doubt Harry will have two or three meaning more HRH grandchildren of Charles than of The Queen - hardly scaling down.

Eugenie is just as much the Queen's granddaughter as Harry is her grandson. Zara didn't marry in Scotland because she was directed to have a smaller wedding, she married in Scotland because that's where she and Mike chose to marry.
BTW, reportedly William didn't want the huge wedding at Westminster. That was one of the things he didn't get to choose.

So happy for Eugenie and Jack. I somehow knew we could expect more than one royal wedding this year. Can’t wait to see what tiara she’ll wear (very likely it’ll be her mother’s tiara).
At the same time this will probably be a difficult time for Beatrice, while she’s undoubtedly be happy for her sister, I’m sure she’d have wanted to settle down before her (or around the same time).

Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack. I look forward for their wedding as well. It won't get as much press coverage as Harry and Meghan, but I imagine there will a photo call and an interview. Eugenie is the first blood princess to marry since Anne. And since the rules went bent for Meghan to attend Royal family events that have been barred from fiance(e)s and significant others in the past, Jack should be going too.

I hope there is no drama for this wedding. Fergie should be there; this is her daughter. I never understood why she was not invited to William and Kate's and only going to the outskirts of Sandringham. I also remember reading that Andrew want assurances that any man that marries his daughters get an earldom. Or Jack may turn down a title. And don't use the wedding as an opportunity to get RPOs for the York girls and more roles in the Firm. All in good time. Tiara - the one Fergie wore when she married Andrew, that's a given. Eugenie is 8th in line to the throne so she didn't need the queen's permission to marry.

Last edited:
Congrats to Eugenie and Jack!

It seems St George’s Chapel is the new firm favourite for marriages now. Two royal weddings his year, although as everyone has said, Eugenie's will be nowhere near as grand as Harry’s. We will still see photos of the family arriving and leaving as we saw there for Peter’s and Lady Helen’s. That will be just as lovey.

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the happy couple! Eugenie will make a beautiful bride!

Back
Top Bottom