Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
The DM's article says that they will marry at St George's Chapel in the fall, which is somewhat surprising to me. I was expecting something more low key for the York girls, i.e. more like Zara's wedding than Harry's even though they are HRHs. I'd be surprised if Eugenie's wedding were televised though.

I think Windsor provides a lot of advantages:
  • It's relatively secure in a time where security is a constant concern. At the very least, as there is security there all the time, security for a wedding is both easier to scale up and less expensive than it would be at some accessible church.
    It's royal - indeed it is so very royal
    It's beautiful
    It's huge - not gigantic on the scale of Westminster - and this allows for a less expensive ceremony than Westminster would.
    Given the Queen and Prince are slowed down, this is really convenient for them. Even if they stay at BP to avoid the additional hubbub on the weekend of the wedding, those royal cars have made that trip so often, they could almost drive themselves. Both have rooms there to retreat to/change/etc.
Anyway, I am so pleased for Eug and Jack. Honestly, when I saw the rather dour look on Bea's face at church yesterday, the first thing that flitted through my head was the engagement would soon be announced. And I am not saying that out of cattiness, but out of concern for her.
For me, the fascinating thing will be the timing of the ceremony and meals/receptions for E and J. I can see them wanting to do a later afternoon to early evening thing leading right up to a reception.
We shall see in the fullness of time.

Congrats to the happy couple.

Pardon me if this question has been answered elsewhere but do we have an idea of the future role of the couple?
That is: Will Eugenie be Mrs. Eugenie Brooksbank, who happens to be a Princess or will she be Princess Eugenie, who happens to be married to Mr. Brooksbank?

Congratulations to HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank on their engagement. I wish them every happiness.

Congrats to the happy couple.

Pardon me if this question has been answered elsewhere but do we have an idea of the future role of the couple?
That is: Will Eugenie be Mrs. Eugenie Brooksbank, who happens to be a Princess or will she be Princess Eugenie, who happens to be married to Mr. Brooksbank?

"Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank" I imagine. That's how Princess Alexandra and Princess Anne were styled.

That was unexpected, even though they have been together for a while. Interesting that the Palace's announcement used the words "The Duke and Duchess of York". Is Sarah considered "The Duchess of York" again as if she were still married to Andrew , or is it just a matter of bad wording by the Palace ?

Congratulations to the engaged couple !

I SAID THE SAME THING!!!! Maybe Andrew and Sarah may reunite someday ?. I'm very happy for the Princess. I can't wait to see her dress and of course, the tiara. *Cough* King George Fringe *Cough*. I feel like BRF is pulling a SRF with all these weddings and Babies. this gonna be a great year!!!

The Princess's title is likely to be - HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank.
Just as HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent became HRH became HRH Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Mrs Angus Ogilvy upon marriage.

"Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank" I imagine. That's how Princess Alexandra and Princess Anne were styled.

This is what I would expect.

Though at least one princess in the early 20th century (Princess Patricia of Connaught) did ask to give up her royal status when she married, and on the off chance Eugenie wanted to do that, she'd become Lady Eugenie Brooksbank.

Last edited:
:flowers:

I'm glad if Eugenie keeps her title.
I wonder if they will have an active role within the BRF?

As I understand Eugenie is not particularly active at present and if that continues she will first and foremost be Mrs. Brooksbank, who happens also to be Princess Eugenie, - if you understand my meaning.

I also would love it if Princess Eugenie kept her title, she was born a blood princess and should remain such for it is her birthright.

Oh, I so love that ring, it is gorgeous, that to me is the prettiest ring of all the royal brides......wonder what the pink stone, a pink diamond or pink sapphire, or pink tourmaline or pink garnet or what? What ever it is beautiful and perfect for her. Love their engagement photos also, very nice background and her hair is stunning......

So, a fall wedding?
I will be in the UK in September, but since the Queen usually spends September at Balmoral, I'm expecting the wedding will be in October.

I hope they don't do the tacky thing and sell photos to Hello! or People.

Pink stone! I don't like the color pink at all but I do have a soft spot for pink stone! especially these in a shade like that one! Classic but gorgeous! Yes M. Payton, I think it's the prettiest ring of all royal brides too:flowers:.

Edit: It's padparadscha sapphire.

Last edited:
"Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank release their official engagement portraits. Duke of York says no date set yet as they navigate complicated Royal diaries."

My guess is a October wedding as well. The Queen returned from Balmoral last year early October and I know Harry has his Invictus Games in late October. When is Zara due to give birth? They will make sure all the senior royals were available. Busy year.

Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack. I look forward for their wedding as well. It won't get as much press coverage as Harry and Meghan, but I imagine there will a photo call and an interview. Eugenie is the first blood princess to marry since Anne. And since the rules went bent for Meghan to attend Royal family events that have been barred from fiance(e)s and significant others in the past, Jack should be going too.

I hope there is no drama for this wedding. Fergie should be there; this is her daughter. I never understood why she was not invited to William and Kate's and only going to the outskirts of Sandringham. I also remember reading that Andrew want assurances that any man that marries his daughters get an earldom. Or Jack may turn down a title. And don't use the wedding as an opportunity to get RPOs for the York girls and more roles in the Firm. All in good time. Tiara - the one Fergie wore when she married Andrew, that's a given. Eugenie is 8th in line to the throne so she didn't need the queen's permission to marry.

I’m sure Fergie will be at her daughter’s wedding. There’s no reason to believe she wouldn’t.

I don’t think the question is why wasn’t she invited to William and Catherine’s wedding- it’s why would she have been. She’s Andrew’s ex-wife. Hardly a shock she doesn’t get invited to family occasions involving his side of the family. They’ve been divorced for over 2 decades now. She’d have to remain very close personally to other members of the family to get invited, and apparently she isn’t.

Congrats to Eugenie and Jack! TRF sure seems to have major occasions hit around the same time. 2018 is a big year. 2 new babies, 2 weddings.....

Autumn Weddings ARE lovely.. Russet and Golden tones, leaves and berries..for 'the Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'.
Should be a beautiful one..

Lovely news and indeed a beautiful ring.

Is the venue official?
I thought it would be nice if the York princesses got married in York.

Wow - what exciting news. Congratulations to Eug and Jack. The photos are beautiful and they both look incredibly happy. Yay, another royal wedding!

Congratulations to Eugenie!

Oh, I so love that ring, it is gorgeous, that to me is the prettiest ring of all the royal brides......wonder what the pink stone, a pink diamond or pink sapphire, or pink tourmaline or pink garnet or what? What ever it is beautiful and perfect for her. Love their engagement photos also, very nice background and her hair is stunning......

The press describes the stone as a padparadscha sapphire.

I wonder if Beatrice will be Maid of Honor?

The press describes the stone as a padparadscha sapphire.

I wonder if Beatrice will be Maid of Honor?

Fun fact: sapphires and rubies are in fact the same gemstone. Rubies are more rare and expensive because the color itself is rare.

Did a quick search on google about Princess Eugenie's ring and this is what I found>
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...buying-guide&usg=AOvVaw3PuaoTAovmT-rj0XlIUOGv

Padparadschas are among the rarest gems on the planet. They are strikingly beautiful and almost no other colored gemstone compares to their unique mix of pink and orange. To be named a Padparadscha, the gem should exhibit both colors.

Now that is what I call an outstanding engagement ring even more beautiful then Queen Max's orange diamond or Sarah's ruby....

Beautiful ring, lovely couple. A gorgeous surprise. The BRF are going to have a busy year, babies, weddings!

When was the last time there was two royal weddings in the one year, does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom