The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2018, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Yes, but Peter Phillips got married in 2008 before the current trend to scale down the monarchy really took off. Harry's marrying at St George's rather than the Abbey is already part of that scaling down; by logical implication, if the same "one-notch down rule" were applied to Eugenie, her wedding should be more like Zara's, which was my point.

Anyway, Andrew is said to be Queen Elizabeth II's favorite son( which is probably a myth anyway) and the Queen is said to "adore" the York girls. It is unsurprising then that Eugenie will get a wedding at the Royal Chapel.

The rumours of the scaling down of the monarchy have been around since 1992 and is based on a comment from a low level staffer referring to an alleged throw-away line made by Prince Charles at an early meeting of how defunct 'Way Ahead Group'.

The only evidence of a 'scaling down' has been now royal duties for the York girls and a replication of the balcony scene from Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897 with just the monarch and direct heirs there rather than the extended family.

Since 2008 the family has actually expanded and will continue to do so with William and Kate having three children and no doubt Harry will have two or three meaning more HRH grandchildren of Charles than of The Queen - hardly scaling down.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Eugenie is just as much the Queen's granddaughter as Harry is her grandson. Zara didn't marry in Scotland because she was directed to have a smaller wedding, she married in Scotland because that's where she and Mike chose to marry.
BTW, reportedly William didn't want the huge wedding at Westminster. That was one of the things he didn't get to choose.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the happy family.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple and their familie's
Old 01-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Nobility

So happy for Eugenie and Jack. I somehow knew we could expect more than one royal wedding this year. Can’t wait to see what tiara she’ll wear (very likely it’ll be her mother’s tiara).
At the same time this will probably be a difficult time for Beatrice, while she’s undoubtedly be happy for her sister, I’m sure she’d have wanted to settle down before her (or around the same time).
Old 01-22-2018, 07:19 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack. I look forward for their wedding as well. It won't get as much press coverage as Harry and Meghan, but I imagine there will a photo call and an interview. Eugenie is the first blood princess to marry since Anne. And since the rules went bent for Meghan to attend Royal family events that have been barred from fiance(e)s and significant others in the past, Jack should be going too.

I hope there is no drama for this wedding. Fergie should be there; this is her daughter. I never understood why she was not invited to William and Kate's and only going to the outskirts of Sandringham. I also remember reading that Andrew want assurances that any man that marries his daughters get an earldom. Or Jack may turn down a title. And don't use the wedding as an opportunity to get RPOs for the York girls and more roles in the Firm. All in good time. Tiara - the one Fergie wore when she married Andrew, that's a given. Eugenie is 8th in line to the throne so she didn't need the queen's permission to marry.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Congrats to Eugenie and Jack!

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2018, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems St George’s Chapel is the new firm favourite for marriages now. Two royal weddings his year, although as everyone has said, Eugenie's will be nowhere near as grand as Harry’s. We will still see photos of the family arriving and leaving as we saw there for Peter’s and Lady Helen’s. That will be just as lovey.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:31 AM
Commoner

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the happy couple! Eugenie will make a beautiful bride!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of York Expresses his Joy on Eugenie and Jack’s Engagement-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...ement?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2018, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another Royal Wedding!! Congratulations to the couple and their familieslll

And a very happy mother!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeP8OxHH...arahferguson15
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeP9P8rn...arahferguson15
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeP98DJH...arahferguson15
Old 01-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The DM's article says that they will marry at St George's Chapel in the fall, which is somewhat surprising to me. I was expecting something more low key for the York girls, i.e. more like Zara's wedding than Harry's even though they are HRHs. I'd be surprised if Eugenie's wedding were televised though.
I think Windsor provides a lot of advantages:
  • It's relatively secure in a time where security is a constant concern. At the very least, as there is security there all the time, security for a wedding is both easier to scale up and less expensive than it would be at some accessible church.
    It's royal - indeed it is so very royal
    It's beautiful
    It's huge - not gigantic on the scale of Westminster - and this allows for a less expensive ceremony than Westminster would.
    Given the Queen and Prince are slowed down, this is really convenient for them. Even if they stay at BP to avoid the additional hubbub on the weekend of the wedding, those royal cars have made that trip so often, they could almost drive themselves. Both have rooms there to retreat to/change/etc.
Anyway, I am so pleased for Eug and Jack. Honestly, when I saw the rather dour look on Bea's face at church yesterday, the first thing that flitted through my head was the engagement would soon be announced. And I am not saying that out of cattiness, but out of concern for her.
For me, the fascinating thing will be the timing of the ceremony and meals/receptions for E and J. I can see them wanting to do a later afternoon to early evening thing leading right up to a reception.
We shall see in the fullness of time.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Congrats to the happy couple.

Pardon me if this question has been answered elsewhere but do we have an idea of the future role of the couple?
That is: Will Eugenie be Mrs. Eugenie Brooksbank, who happens to be a Princess or will she be Princess Eugenie, who happens to be married to Mr. Brooksbank?
Old 01-22-2018, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank on their engagement. I wish them every happiness.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Congrats to the happy couple.

Pardon me if this question has been answered elsewhere but do we have an idea of the future role of the couple?
That is: Will Eugenie be Mrs. Eugenie Brooksbank, who happens to be a Princess or will she be Princess Eugenie, who happens to be married to Mr. Brooksbank?
"Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank" I imagine. That's how Princess Alexandra and Princess Anne were styled.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 AM
Commoner

Quote:
That was unexpected, even though they have been together for a while. Interesting that the Palace's announcement used the words "The Duke and Duchess of York". Is Sarah considered "The Duchess of York" again as if she were still married to Andrew , or is it just a matter of bad wording by the Palace ?

Congratulations to the engaged couple !
I SAID THE SAME THING!!!! Maybe Andrew and Sarah may reunite someday 🙂. I'm very happy for the Princess. I can't wait to see her dress and of course, the tiara. *Cough* King George Fringe *Cough*. I feel like BRF is pulling a SRF with all these weddings and Babies. this gonna be a great year!!!
Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Princess's title is likely to be - HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank.
Just as HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent became HRH became HRH Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Mrs Angus Ogilvy upon marriage.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:16 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
"Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank" I imagine. That's how Princess Alexandra and Princess Anne were styled.
This is what I would expect.

Though at least one princess in the early 20th century (Princess Patricia of Connaught) did ask to give up her royal status when she married, and on the off chance Eugenie wanted to do that, she'd become Lady Eugenie Brooksbank.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad if Eugenie keeps her title.
I wonder if they will have an active role within the BRF?

As I understand Eugenie is not particularly active at present and if that continues she will first and foremost be Mrs. Brooksbank, who happens also to be Princess Eugenie, - if you understand my meaning.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Engagement pictures. So happy for them and the entire Royal family. Busy year.

https://twitter.com/MirrorJohnny/sta...28751508168705