The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I am still completely baffled as to why the Cambridges are not yet full time royals.

However, whey they, plus Harry go full time, they alone should be able to pick up the work not done by HM, Philip, and the Queen's cousins. I still see no need for the York girls to do any more than they currently are.

Some statistical analysis:

Currently HM, Philip and the Queen's cousins have carried out 720 engagements so far this year in total.

For William, Kate and Harry (assuming he leaves the army) to take up those engagements - on top of the ones they already are doing (William is already at 80) they would have to have done 270 each by now PLUS what they have already done - so for William that would be 350, Kate 333 and Harry 300.

Charles is currently topping my count at 270 and Anne at 249. So they would have to do considerably more than anyone is doing now.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Some statistical analysis:

Currently HM, Philip and the Queen's cousins have carried out 720 engagements so far this year in total.

For William, Kate and Harry (assuming he leaves the army) to take up those engagements - on top of the ones they already are doing (William is already at 80) they would have to have done 270 each by now PLUS what they have already done - so for William that would be 350, Kate 333 and Harry 300.

Charles is currently topping my count at 270 and Anne at 249. So they would have to do considerably more than anyone is doing now.
We have to remember also that, like Beatrice and Eugenie, the work the Cambridges and Harry do for their own charities and patronages, for the most part, are not listed in the CC as "official" royal duties representing HM. I'm sure Iluvbertie can be more specific on this than I.

So when it is stated that Beatrice and Eugenie, William, Kate and Harry either do not work as full time royals or are just part time royals, that is indicating they do not do "official" full time work for the Firm.

At least that's how I see it.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:58 AM
Majesty

Most of William, Kate and Harry's activities for their charities are in the CC but none of Beatrice or Eugenie's e.g. last week's engagements by Beatrice counted the grand total of zero in the CC.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I honestly believe that if Andrew and especially Fergie had been more popular, there would be no resistance to Eugenie and Beatrice becoming full-time working royals.

It's unfair, but they are associated with their parents in many people's minds.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Serene Highness

If I was their advisor, I would say: go, accompany your grandmother and enjoy a day on Ascot.

Going day after day is giving the complete wrong signals and the poisonous, vitriolic and slashing comments in the online media seem to back my impression.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
If I was their advisor, I would say: go, accompany your grandmother and enjoy a day on Ascot.

Going day after day is giving the complete wrong signals and the poisonous, vitriolic and slashing comments in the online media seem to back my impression.

:ermm:
Yes exactly. They need to be better advised.
IMO their daily appearances at Ascot is not like taking a week off work to attend something you care passionately about. They have significant "downtime". - No problem with that - they are very lucky. BUT they are very much seen as just participating in the "nice" social engagements - it may not be entirely the correct perception, but that's how it appears.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Commoner

^
@ Elly C
well if it makes any difference Bea did show her support for education during Ascot week. She visited two academies and she did visit Isle of Wight the day before Ascot

As for the future roles of the york girls the future remains unseen , nothing seems certain . They obviously have to have a flexible "job" in oder to fulfill their small duties officially and unofficially. To me from the way they act about their duties and charities, they don't really care if they are listed in the CC, they do their charity work and their duty because they want to. At times they do seemed to be promised a lil something though from the royal firm as for a big role or a small role we'll just have to wait and see. Thats just the impression I get.

Tags
career, education, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, royal duties, social life, styles and titles